Oakland Raiders Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yah

I dunno, if they bench Walter that pretty much says to me they want to go in a different direction OR they want to give Brooks a shot. Brooks had a chance and he was a trainwreck, but Shell is old school and prolly gives seniority to Brooks. Brooks is not even a temporary answer at QB. We need to figure out whether Walter can handle the load THIS SEASON, not 2 years from now. There is a franchise QB [Quinn] that is sitting in the top5 who I think would be a perfect fit for the Raiders and if they don't want Walter, than get him now.

If management doesn't like Walter that is fine, but don't half ass it and maybe play him this week or that week or maybe Brooks next week and so on. Make a decision and stick with it. Make a commitment one way or the other. Half-assing it and buying free agents just b/c they played well in the Super Bowl has been like putting a band aid on a gunshot wound. Temporary solutions are not acceptable. I'm not interested in a franchise that wins temporarily, I want to win consistently and always be in a position to win. Now I'm pissed off cause thinking about it, I know Shell will put Brooks in and we're gonna do the hokey pokey at QB the rest of the season. We will get no answers and waste next year doing the same ******* thing. I swear to God if Brooks starts, I'm writing a strongly worded email to the Raiders! :P

PS - Sorry about the rant, I don't even know who is gonna start. But it gets frustrating when you see ppl make the same stupid decisions over and over again. I think most of the ppl in this thread could build a winning franchise again in Oakland quicker than those in charge at the moment.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

• Originally posted by locseti
      Originally posted by stillaraiderfan
      I love Walter for coming out and said what he did, everything he said is true...somebody has to let Shell know what is going on, because he is obviously stubborn as hell.
      Preach on brother
      I also agree with what Walter said.

Comment

• Shell got fined 12,500 for criticizing the officials. hats off to him

Comment

• Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
          Shell got fined 12,500 for criticizing the officials. hats off to him
          After months of biting his tongue, he comments on something that everyone saw (as well as the Fabian INT) and gets fined for it. He was right about the Raiders getting screwed.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

• Originally posted by stillaraiderfan
            I love Walter for coming out and said what he did, everything he said is true...somebody has to let Shell know what is going on, because he is obviously stubborn as hell.
            I don't blame him one bit he's tired of getting sacked every time he drops back.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

• I've been trying to keep an eye on the headlines to see who we are starting...haven't run across anything yet. Better not be Brooks. We need to give Walter more PT to see if we need to draft Quinn or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmanz
                I've been trying to keep an eye on the headlines to see who we are starting...haven't run across anything yet. Better not be Brooks. We need to give Walter more PT to see if we need to draft Quinn or not.
                Shell hasn't announced who is going to start yet.

Raiders quarterback Aaron Brooks, out two months with a bruised chest muscle, was deemed healthy enough to play again Wednesday, and he shared first-team snaps in practice with Andrew Walter.

But, Art Shell isn't ready to name Brooks his starting quarterback. Not yet, anyway, and this is a decision that could stall out until Sunday's game at Kansas City.

Comment

• Originally posted by stillaraiderfan
                  Originally posted by jmanz
                  I've been trying to keep an eye on the headlines to see who we are starting...haven't run across anything yet. Better not be Brooks. We need to give Walter more PT to see if we need to draft Quinn or not.
                  Shell hasn't announced who is going to start yet.

Raiders quarterback Aaron Brooks, out two months with a bruised chest muscle, was deemed healthy enough to play again Wednesday, and he shared first-team snaps in practice with Andrew Walter.

But, Art Shell isn't ready to name Brooks his starting quarterback. Not yet, anyway, and this is a decision that could stall out until Sunday's game at Kansas City.
                  ah yes, thank ya sir!

Comment

• You have to think that even if Brooks gets the start, he'll be on a really short leash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                      You have to think that even if Brooks gets the start, he'll be on a really short leash.
                      I would hope so, he had the butter fingers early on. Fumbled all the time it seemed.

Comment

• Raiders DT Warren Sapp recently told a group of fifth-graders that his job is to "kill the man with the ball." (And then one of the kids asked, "How do we give the ball to Art Shell?")

Comment

• Originally posted by Xonraider
                          Raiders DT Warren Sapp recently told a group of fifth-graders that his job is to "kill the man with the ball." (And then one of the kids asked, "How do we give the ball to Art Shell?")
                          Future Raider fans, pissed off and ruthless.

Comment

• What are the chances of us winning this game?

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

• Originally posted by portermvp84
                              What are the chances of us winning this game?
                              Trent's first game back. Possibly some rust on his part. So if the Defense plays lights out, and the offense can manage one scoring drive I'd say you have a pretty good chance.

Comment

• If we can slow L J down, we've got a shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information