No announcement yet.

Oakland Raiders Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vespian - chew on these OL names that are slated to be FA's next year.

Max Starks, OT Steelers (starting tackle for a super bowl champion, 6'8 337lbs)
    Leonard Davis, OT Arizona Cardinals (mountain of a man)
    Mike Gandy, OT Buffalo Bills (relaitvely young, proven blocker for Mcgahee)
    Roman Oben, SD
    Shane Locklear, SEA
    Floyd Womack, SEA
    Todd Steussie, STL
    Eric Steinbach, CIN
    Jordan Black, KC
    Chris Gray, SEA

All these names I've listed are unrestricted free agents except for Locklear and Starks. All these names would also be upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by locseti
      Vespian - chew on these OL names that are slated to be FA's next year.

Max Starks, OT Steelers (starting tackle for a super bowl champion, 6'8 337lbs)
      Leonard Davis, OT Arizona Cardinals (mountain of a man)
      Mike Gandy, OT Buffalo Bills (relaitvely young, proven blocker for Mcgahee)
      Roman Oben, SD
      Shane Locklear, SEA
      Floyd Womack, SEA
      Todd Steussie, STL
      Eric Steinbach, CIN
      Jordan Black, KC
      Chris Gray, SEA

All these names I've listed are unrestricted free agents except for Locklear and Starks. All these names would also be upgrades.
      The only nameon there who is worthwhile is Eric Steinbach. I would love to stick him at LG next to Gallery and get rid of Sims' massive contract. Other than that, those guys are pretty pedestrian.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Starks and Davis are big veterans that have talent. Gandy is by no means an elite player, but he is a solid starter. Oben is a seasoned vet. Steinbach will cost a pretty penny, but it would be worth it. And Locklear is a solid starter as well. The rest are certainly pedestrian players, but IMO would be an upgrade over our current starters. The point is, we have to do something come offseason, cause our guys are not getting it done.

Comment

Davis might re-find his groove after being moved back inside to guard. I'd definitely give him a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            As I mentioned in my blog the other day it's kind of crazy that the Raiders o-line is so bad because they have invested draft picks there, including a lot of high ones. So if you ask me the problem then comes down to either coaching or scouting. I am inclined to say coaching isn't the problem because they have had two coaching staffs with the same problem and now there are Hall of Fame o-linemen trying to whip them into shape. That leaves poor scouting as the reason for me...
            Great players do not necessarily great coaches make.

We never should have let Aaron Kromer get away.

Comment

Starks and Davis are big veterans that have talent. Gandy is by no means an elite player, but he is a solid starter. Oben is a seasoned vet. Steinbach will cost a pretty penny, but it would be worth it. And Locklear is a solid starter as well. The rest are certainly pedestrian players, but IMO would be an upgrade over our current starters. The point is, we have to do something come offseason, cause our guys are not getting it done.
              Starks was benched. He's washed up. As is Roman Oben.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Killuminati
                Davis might re-find his groove after being moved back inside to guard. I'd definitely give him a shot.
                He and Steinbach are the only guys to whom I would give any amount of money. But only to play offensive guard. Both of them would be fine additions, but with Kevin Boothe playing so well, I can't see us grabbing two of them. We've got McQuistan who may or may not be in the process of being groomed to play RT.

On a side note, does anyone know where Aaron Kromer is right now?

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

i know this is way off topic but...do any of you guys who still play football have the cutters gaunlet gloves?

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                  Originally posted by TitanHope
                  R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                  He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                    Starks was benched. He's washed up. As is Roman Oben.
                    The Steelers also benched Mcfadden, who they just signed to a fat multiyear extension...Does this mean he's washed up? And Starks is back starting. They're having a bad year, just like us, Cowher's just seeing what he has.

Comment

I dont see how he can be washed up after just 3 yrs in the league...Anyway, dont mean to argue, GO RAIDERS - BEAT DENVER!!

Comment

Dammit, i'm not getting the game on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by stillaraiderfan
                          heh, the raiders can't even get televised in california :)

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                            well, the 2 times the games were televised in la; they won. so..

Comment

Wait, Im from Norcal, but im in LA for the wknd and am planning on watching the game tomorrow while my girl goes out for lunch w/ friends...is the game gonna be blacked out?? I had to sit at the bar tonite and watch my beloved Ducks get served up a slice by USC. Needless to say I was surrounded by a bunch of Trojan fans...I need to salvage my wknd by watching the Raiders play, say it aint so!

Comment

Wait, Im from Norcal, but im in LA for the wknd and am planning on watching the game tomorrow while my girl goes out for lunch w/ friends...is the game gonna be blacked out?? I had to sit at the bar tonite and watch my beloved Ducks get served up a slice by USC. Needless to say I was surrounded by a bunch of Trojan fans...I need to salvage my wknd by watching the Raiders play, say it aint so!
                                I checked the guide earlier, and it wont be shown on regular tv.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information