No announcement yet.

Oakland Raiders Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about Asomugha in the 1st round back in 2003. He is a very good DB for us and he got his 4th int. this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by locseti
      OK guys, if we have the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd overall pick in next years draft, who do you think we will take? Im assuming Michael Bush and AD are going to enter, so they are available. Im not necessarily asking you who you think we should take, (but you can include that as well) but who you think the organization will take...Can you see us giving up on Walter and taking Brady if we have the number one pick? Or can you see us taking another top Tackle and selecting Joe Thomas if we have the number 3? What about giving up on Lamont and taking Bush or AD? Calvin Johnson seems like a prospect that Al would get all googely eyed over, where does he stand??

Can we pass on a possible pro bowler like Brady Quinn? This is shaping up to be a very interesting draft and I think we all can agree on hoping that we dont take Joe Thomas, regardless of where we draft in the top 3 (I think its pretty clear we'll be drafting in the top 3.)
      Bush in the top 3

Maybe AP.. I can see it.

Brady Quinn

Joe Thomas? No way we draft another OL early. Al probably thinks its a pretty bad idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xonraider
        Originally posted by locseti
        OK guys, if we have the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd overall pick in next years draft, who do you think we will take? Im assuming Michael Bush and AD are going to enter, so they are available. Im not necessarily asking you who you think we should take, (but you can include that as well) but who you think the organization will take...Can you see us giving up on Walter and taking Brady if we have the number one pick? Or can you see us taking another top Tackle and selecting Joe Thomas if we have the number 3? What about giving up on Lamont and taking Bush or AD? Calvin Johnson seems like a prospect that Al would get all googely eyed over, where does he stand??

Can we pass on a possible pro bowler like Brady Quinn? This is shaping up to be a very interesting draft and I think we all can agree on hoping that we dont take Joe Thomas, regardless of where we draft in the top 3 (I think its pretty clear we'll be drafting in the top 3.)
        Bush in the top 3

Maybe AP.. I can see it.

Brady Quinn

Joe Thomas? No way we draft another OL early. Al probably thinks its a pretty bad idea.
        Hey, our organization has made some pretty questionable choices (remember when we selected a kicker in the first round? 2 picks later, Shaun Alexander was taken) ... I said we can prolly all agree on hoping we dont take Thomas. Our organization is a different story.

And Bush is a Hog!! If he doesent get injured, he wins the Heisman Trophy and Louisville beats Rutgers on their way to an undefeated season and a BCS National Championship Title.

And AD is the moniker for Peterson, short for "all day"

Do you think we take him?

Comment

• So if we have the number one, you think we draft CJ huh.

Comment

• if we get the number 1 overall pick i hope we trade it down i mean cj would be a pick i can see al doing but i hope trade down 3 - 5 spots pick up adams or branch and picking up few high picks with it

Comment

• This is what I think we should do as well, but can almost gurantee it wont happen...

On another note, has anyone heard the comments by Walter after the game yesterday?? They're right on target!!! -

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Art Shell took issue with quarterback Andrew Walter's criticisms of the Oakland Raiders' struggling offense and appears ready to make a switch back to Aaron Brooks.

Walter took shots at coordinator Tom Walsh's offense after Sunday's 17-13 loss to Denver, saying there is not enough "depth" in the playbook, the offense was too predictable, and that the team needed to utilize more quick-developing plays than five- and seven-step drops.

"We need to make it more complex," Walter said, referring to the Raiders' playbook. "I'd like more swing routes, flat routes, short stuff. There are certain things I'd like to see."

This is the exact thing we have been talking about all year!! Man, this guy is smart. You guys really should read this article from ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2660848

The only bad thing is that Art Shell got offended and is probably going to sit Walter for speaking his mind, and making suggestions that could really help the team! Shell is such a lackwit

Comment

• Originally posted by locseti
                This is what I think we should do as well, but can almost gurantee it wont happen...

On another note, has anyone heard the comments by Walter after the game yesterday?? They're right on target!!! -

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Art Shell took issue with quarterback Andrew Walter's criticisms of the Oakland Raiders' struggling offense and appears ready to make a switch back to Aaron Brooks.

Walter took shots at coordinator Tom Walsh's offense after Sunday's 17-13 loss to Denver, saying there is not enough "depth" in the playbook, the offense was too predictable, and that the team needed to utilize more quick-developing plays than five- and seven-step drops.

"We need to make it more complex," Walter said, referring to the Raiders' playbook. "I'd like more swing routes, flat routes, short stuff. There are certain things I'd like to see."

This is the exact thing we have been talking about all year!! Man, this guy is smart. You guys really should read this article from ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2660848

The only bad thing is that Art Shell got offended and is probably going to sit Walter for speaking his mind, and making suggestions that could really help the team! Shell is such a lackwit
                yeah i would somewhat agree with him as well Tom Walsh has been terrible as a OC not sure id say its all his fault or the fault of shell not expecting more out of his OC. I wouldnt take away the full blame on walters either he did mess up 2 snaps that caused turnovers in crucial times he also holds on the ball way to long he needs to make the decisions much faster and have that ball out. I would think he would do much better with a OC that designs the playbook to walters benifits.

Comment

• yes, i would say we have to adjust the play calls to cater to our strengths...Adjustment is a word that is obviously not in Walsh's vocabulary.

Comment

• hmmm

We should either draft a DE or DT with our first pick. Then OL/RB/TE/WR [get the best player available] and maybe another DLineman or LB for depth.

If we get the 1st/2nd pick, we should absolutely trade down within the top5-10 and get another pick in the 2nd or something. It's going to be a really good draft for RB's and DLineman so we should take advantage of that.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                    Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

• Re: hmmm

Originally posted by Komp
                      We should either draft a DE or DT with our first pick. Then OL/RB/TE/WR [get the best player available] and maybe another DLineman or LB for depth.

If we get the 1st/2nd pick, we should absolutely trade down within the top5-10 and get another pick in the 2nd or something. It's going to be a really good draft for RB's and DLineman so we should take advantage of that.
                      You need OLinemen. After watching that game, I kinda felt sorry for Andrew Walter. He looks like a potentially solid QB but he gets little time to throw, and he is right.. your playcalling was predictable.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

• Re: hmmm

Originally posted by Komp

If we have the 1st overall pick, 1. there is no way we pick a DT or DE and 2. No way in hell Al Davis trades it away, definitely not his style (though I certainly think it would be the best thing to do)

Comment

• if we dont sign a big name o-lineman free agent in the offseason we better draft a lineman in the first or second round.
                          Peyton Manning Fanboy
                          Originally posted by Complex
                          They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by bernbabybern820
                            if we dont sign a big name o-lineman free agent in the offseason we better draft a lineman in the first or second round.
                            I tend to agree with you.

Comment

• By the way, no Gonzo this week for the Chiefs. Now, if we can just stop L J

Comment

• Theres a good chance that we can stop LJ after all we held Tatum Bell t only 36 yards.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information