Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Options Narrowed down to Russell and Quinn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    both theories make sense, drafting a QB or CJ. therefore the draft is so exciting.

    Comment


    • #17
      Like I said at the other site, if we could take Quinn's brains, desire, and heart and put them in Russell's body, that QB would be the no-brainer pick. but, as it stands, I'd just as soon start Walter over either of them.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Crow View Post
        Like I said at the other site, if we could take Quinn's brains, desire, and heart and put them in Russell's body, that QB would be the no-brainer pick. but, as it stands, I'd just as soon start Walter over either of them.
        i like that point. trade Moss away, draft CJ and some O-Liner and give Walter the second chance with a better OL.

        Comment


        • #19
          Whats funny is that Jamarcus Russell was on the SEC's all academic team. I dont see where some of you people get the notion that he's dumb. Oh wait a minute is that old notion that black QBs are not smart enough to play QB?
          soma relax

          Comment


          • #20
            maybe because of his interviews, he doesn't show that he is a smart guy. at some interviews i thought he is a very shy, not stupid.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Crow View Post
              I'd just as soon start Walter over either of them.
              Would still want to avoid JR and BQ if C. Johnson wasn't in this draft? A comment like that makes me believe that you'd rather have Joe Thomas, Gaines Adams, or Adrian Peterson.

              Its fairly consensus that CJ is the #1 player, but JR and BQ aren't far behind in my book. And they play a position of much greater need.

              Comment


              • #22
                al being all secretive about whats going on in there draft room wouldnt ever rule out a top prospect because you never want to rule out possible blockbuster trades with someone who wants to give u there draft for that number 1 pick.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I was watching NFL Live and Ed Werner said the Raiders are denying internet reports that they have a deal to select Brady Quinn with the #1 and that the coaching staff and Al Davis believe that Jamarcus Russell is the only player in the draft who can turn around the franchise. Also said the Raiders value Quinns charisma and that he was a 4 year starter at ND, but they like Russell. It was on today and i'm sure they will show it a couple more times it looked like Ed was at the Raider Org so i'm thinking there may be some truth to it.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by bucksavage View Post
                    Whats funny is that Jamarcus Russell was on the SEC's all academic team. I dont see where some of you people get the notion that he's dumb. Oh wait a minute is that old notion that black QBs are not smart enough to play QB?
                    School topics and an NFL playbook AND ability to read defenses are completely different.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                      School topics and an NFL playbook AND ability to read defenses are completely different.
                      He improved his decision making significantly every year at LSU, of course a QB starting in his 1st and 2nd year is bound to make mistakes. This year his decision making was very good.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X

                      Debug Information