Raiders to draft Johnson, if...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders to draft Johnson, if...

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Raiders intend to draft Calvin Johnson with the No. 1 pick if the Dolphins acquire Trent Green from Kansas City.

Clayton's theory is that the whole top part of the draft depends on the future of Trent Green. If Green goes to Miami, Daunte Culpepper will be cut and Oakland would then sign him. Clayton says if a Green trade can't be worked out, the Raiders will be forced to draft JaMarcus Russell.

rotoworld.com
    Taking a Knapp.

I just posted that in our draft thread, but i guess it deserves its own thread. :)

All speculation, and I don't know if I really like it.

Comment

I dont think KC will want to have CJ in their division.
      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Green to Miami seems like a done deal, so this is promising.

Comment

But how do we know if Culpepper even wants to come to Oakland?
          Taking a Knapp.

Comment

as long as hes by an ocean, he'll be happy

Comment

i cant see it happening. russell will be a raider end of story...imo.

sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

I didn't want him last year and I still don't want him. He's getting a cut for a reason. I'd probably rather have Rattay.

Comment

hmmm

If we are putting our faith in Daunte Culpepper by god shoot me now....I don't see how a washed up QB can affect the #1 pick in the draft and if it does ppl need to find a new job....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                  Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

meh

Dante Culpepper is not going to change what we do in the draft, this is hogwash.

Comment

Culpepper is so bad that Miami is willing to take the cap hit involved with dumping him for Trent Green, a player released in lieu of Damon Huard, but he is still good enough to be the starter in Oakland? If that's true then Oakland needs JR worse than I thought.

Comment

umm no KC is getting rid of Trent Green so they can start Croyle.
                        "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                          umm no KC is getting rid of Trent Green so they can start Croyle.
                          I think they will be starting Huard and have Croyle as the backup, but eventually Croyle will be their starter.

Comment

hope this is true. have walter, cullpepper and a rookie battle it out. looks like moss might be gone too

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by Stash View Post
                              I think they will be starting Huard and have Croyle as the backup, but eventually Croyle will be their starter.
                              yah they probably will but everything Ive heard says that they want Croyle to be their future.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information