2008 1st round pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 1st round pick?

What position do you think the Raiders will address in the 1st round next year?

OT, WR, DT, SLB Would be my guess as of now.

Here is a list of the top prospects

1. Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas Jr.
    2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    3. Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
    4. Calais Campbell, DE, Miami, Jr.
    5. Kenny Phillips, S, Miami, Jr.
    6. Jared Gaither, OT, Maryland, Jr.
    7. Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
    8. Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida, Jr.
    9. Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
    10. Chad Henne, QB, Michigan
    11. Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
    12. Frank Okam, DT, Texas
    13. Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson
    14. Sam Baker, OT, USC
    15. Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma, JR.
    16. DeSean Jackson, WR, Cal, Jr.
    17. James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio St, Jr.
    18. Paul Oliver, CB, Georgia
    19. Brian Cushing, LB, USC, Jr.
    20. Martellus Bennett, TE, Texas AM
    Last edited by Oaktown1981; 05-13-2007, 03:57 PM.

I really like Glenn Dorsey, but if we go offense I would like Jake Long or DeSean Jackson. But I hope we don't pick top 10

I'm sick of that
    Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Hmmm I think we will be around the Pick 8-15 section of the draft. If our OL struggles again we have no choice but to go after a top OT [looks like it might be a good year for OL next year]. If the OL doesn't do too badly I see us either going with DL or RB if Bush doesn't heal up. In either case I see our draft board looking like this:

1 - OT [Even if Gallery plays well, Sims is pretty much finished]
      2 - Desean Jackson [cause he is a local product and JR might need a new toy]
      3 - DT [to replace Sapp]
      4 - RB [If Bush doesn't pan out we need a franchise RB]

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
        Hmmm I think we will be around the Pick 8-15 section of the draft. If our OL struggles again we have no choice but to go after a top OT [looks like it might be a good year for OL next year]. If the OL doesn't do too badly I see us either going with DL or RB if Bush doesn't heal up. In either case I see our draft board looking like this:

3 - DT [to replace Sapp]
        Mike Bush may not even play in 2007 so I don't think the Raiders will be quick to judge him. There is no rush into playing Bush in 07 Raiders have depth at the RB position this year with Jordan, Rhodes, Fargas, Griffith

This does look like a good year to have need for an OT. Long, Baker, Gaither ect

Comment

DT is puzzling.We may need a NT or a UT.
          From what Ive heard is that Brayton may move to the inside and Kelly to the outside.If Sands can do well at NT and Brayton at UT we would probably only go DT for depth.I think we made need to go both NT and UT day one though.I think Brayton fits best as a DE in the 3-4.ANd I dont think he'll do well at UT.Sands hasnt proven himself as a consistent starter but I think and hope he does.
          "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

hmmm

You think Brayton will pan out at UT? I have my doubts....he is learning from one of the best and he will be quick for the position tho.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

You think Brayton will pan out at UT? I have my doubts....he is learning from one of the best and he will be quick for the position tho.
              I dont even know if he will even be quick for his position. He still has to gain like 15 pounds. Hopefully it works out for him because he is a hard worker. Anyways, like many others i think that we have to draft an OT to replace Sims.
              Peyton Manning Fanboy
              Originally posted by Complex
              They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

3 - DT [to replace Sapp]
                I'll agree with RB. I would love to grab a guy like Steve Slaton to add some greased lightning to the running game. At DT, I have no idea what the heck is going on. Sapp played amazingly well last year and I hope he does it again, but as everyone knows, we can't count on him to last much longer. Then we have Terdell Sands who we just signed to a pretty nice sized contract, and we have Tommy Kelly. Kelly was a bit of a disappointment for me last season because he was picked by a lot of people to have a breakout year. He didn't. But was that possibly due to being miscast? What do we really expect from him when there are 2 3-tech DTs on the field 75% of the time. He certainly did better with Sands next to him.

I am getting really tired of the Desean Jackson-mania in Oakland. Sure, he's a nice returner, but I need to see a lot more of him actually playing well as a receiver before I call him a 1st rounder at all. I'd look for Limas Sweed or Adarius Bowman before Jackson to fill in the hole that Porter will leave as he moves on after this season.

As for OT, I might hold off on calling that a certain need. Remember that the Raiders also drafted Mario Henderson to be one of our OTs of the future so if he shows some promise with Gallery playing well, we may not need to draft an OT. He certainly fits this scheme perfectly.

That said, Glenn Dorsey and Steve Slaton are among my top prospects to watch for the Raiders 1st round pick in 08. We may need to address DE with a guy like Calais Campbell depending on how Huntley and Moses do at RDE this year.

Let's not forget the possibility of an OLB to round out the corps that includes Morrison and Howard.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

I think Mike Bushshould get a chance before you guys go after Slaton McFadden etc.

Comment

Does anyone know how Hawthorne is doing in minicamp?

Comment

If we are drafting in the top 10, I think it would be hard to pass up on some of the RB talent that would be available regardless of the fact that we drafted Bush this year.

As far as Desean Jackson, I pretty much agree with NIP, he is a great returner and a big play threat, but would probably be better suited as a slot WR. You can't be a #1 WR when you weigh in at a 166lbs, thats not gonna cut it in the NFL because he will get lit up across the middle.

I don't know why so many are taking shots at Sims, wasn't he the starting LT the last time we had a good team? If he was good enough to watch Gannons back, thats good enough for me. I'm not saying hes great, but he is solid and I think that will work for another season or two (Although some of the OT's coming out next year are very tempting and should be looked at.)

Comment

I agree Sims was sevircable for a long time as a LT.I dont have that many problems with him starting their this season.
                        "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderMike View Post
                          Does anyone know how Hawthorne is doing in minicamp?
                          Im guessing crappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Stash View Post
                            If we are drafting in the top 10, I think it would be hard to pass up on some of the RB talent that would be available regardless of the fact that we drafted Bush this year.

As far as Desean Jackson, I pretty much agree with NIP, he is a great returner and a big play threat, but would probably be better suited as a slot WR. You can't be a #1 WR when you weigh in at a 166lbs, thats not gonna cut it in the NFL because he will get lit up across the middle.

I don't know why so many are taking shots at Sims, wasn't he the starting LT the last time we had a good team? If he was good enough to watch Gannons back, thats good enough for me. I'm not saying hes great, but he is solid and I think that will work for another season or two (Although some of the OT's coming out next year are very tempting and should be looked at.)
                            Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                            I agree Sims was sevircable for a long time as a LT.I dont have that many problems with him starting their this season.
                            So we have hope because he was serviceable in 2003 which was 4 years ago? Hopefully he can prove me wrong.
                            Peyton Manning Fanboy
                            Originally posted by Complex
                            They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

people are to hard on Barry Sims.Hes still servicable he fits well in this system.Id rather have Gallery playing LT than Barry but if Barry starts this season I have no reason to cry about it.I would look for an eventual replacement though.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information