And the Oakland Raider's sign....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the Oakland Raider's sign....

Former Viking/Raven Travis Taylor. I new we weren't sure whose was going to be our 2nd or 3rd. I wanted Keyshane Johnson, but the upside with Taylor is he's younger and more durible.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/OAK/10192715

Thanks to jackalope

This is great news, we signed him for the league minimum and he was productive last year. And hopefully this means we will finally cut Whitted.

Porter
    Curry
    BMW
    Johnnie Lee Higgins
    Gabriel
    Taylor
    Morant
    Francis

Whitted

Comment

I don't know if anyone noticed in that article but we also signed a RB. Probably won't last through training camp, but what caught my eye is that he had 62 receptions last season which is quite a bit for a college RB.

Comment

I found this tidbit very interesting

He is expected to compete for playing time behind Porter and Curry amongst a crowded receiving corps that includes Doug Gabriel, Alvis Whitted, Johnnie Morant, Carlos Francis and Johnathan Holland.
        What name is missing from that list? hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by LionSmack View Post

The guy that is injured perhaps? What are you doing here? Do you actually have anything productive to add?

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by LionSmack View Post

Ya, Johnny Lee Higgins.

Comment

He's Talking about Mike Williams, but the list leaves off many WRs on the current roster, it's not like that person had personal insight into our final roster. Mike Williams will def. have competition for playing time with Taylor and Curry being established players in the league. Does that mean we're going to cut a guy because he's not mentioned in an article? No. I think Taylor was a great addition, and statistically he's our most "proven" receiver. I'm interested to see the final outcome, if Williams does get cut, no biggie, we spent a 4th rounder on him that we got from a trade, so no loss really. Same with Taylor, we paid him the vets min. and gave no gauranteed money. We've played this offseason really smart, we have a lot of guys that we got for cheap that still have major potential to make an impact in this league.

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                He's Talking about Mike Williams
                Ya, that went without saying. I was making the point that the list leaves off other receivers, such as JLH. his feeble attempt to gloat fell far short of his intended target.

Comment

want to use cred and rep please.

^ bantx
                  Originally posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER
                  **** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
                  Originally posted by Jughead10
                  I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".

Comment

Hopefully Whitted is gone. I was hoping Will Buchanon could make the team but it looks like thats not probable at this point.

Comment

Right now we have a lot of quality WR's and some other guys with the potential to be good so it will be intersting to see who makes the cut. How many WR's do you guys think will be on our active roster at the start of the season?

Comment

Originally posted by Stash View Post
                        Right now we have a lot of quality WR's and some other guys with the potential to be good so it will be intersting to see who makes the cut. How many WR's do you guys think will be on our active roster at the start of the season?
                        Im guessing it would be 6.
                        Peyton Manning Fanboy
                        Originally posted by Complex
                        They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

I wasn't attempting to gloat at all. Sorry you guys took it that way

I also realize that if Mike Williams ends up washing out with you, it's no big loss, especially since McCown looks like he will start for at least a while and the fourth-rounder you gave up will prove to be decent value.

I guess I was just trying to stimulate conversation on the Oakland viewpoint of Williams, I probably should have realized there's nothing to have a viewpoint on yet since he strained his uterus (sorry, cheap shot, my bad) in the first practice.

Comment

Well as stated in an article, before he was injured in practice he was showing off his hands pretty well, a hamstring is nothing if you don't rush it and theses things happen, Curry has pulled his now as well. Williams will have ample time to prove what he needs to, it's possible he may win the #2 spot if he works hard enough for Kiffin. He's definitely got some competition w/ the Taylor addition as they both are flankers though.

Comment

yeah, this is nothing to worry about. better now then later.

sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information