No announcement yet.

Russell Looking Like Starter!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See how preseason goes, first. Whoever plays better should get the start. If Russell doesn't win the job then throw him in by mid season, to get a taste of the NFL.

Comment

from everything I've read it pretty much seems like it's Russell's job to lose. He's clearly more talented than anyone else on the roster, it just depends on how well he continues to progress. I personally think it's the right decision if it's putting the best player on the field no matter how many years of experience they may have.

Comment

Nope.
        Russel isn't ready despite his pro-bowlish practices.
        It's the off-season folks. Not even Pre-season yet and you want to start a Raw Rookie QB. You're outta your mind. The only way I see Jaru starting is if we have a herendous first half of the season.OR.He can get some playing time in the last few games of the season. He isn't ready.Not at all.
        I would like the coaches to treat Jaru like the Bengals did Carson Palmer.
        I know that Carson doesn't compare in any way to Jaru College-stats/record wise, but he is a rookie QB with the potential of a Hall of Famer. If you don't ever want to see a Jaru Bust in Canton then by all means start him againist the Detroit Lions on FOX.
        :]
        myspace.com/strangewavesmusic

Comment

how funny, so instead of starting the most talented player on our roster at the QB position you say sit him just for the heck of it because he's a rookie. McCown gives us no better chance of winning at all, he has issues of his own, i know i had to watch him in az and he floats way too many balls. it's a big learning curve, but jamarcus has picked up the playbook very well so far and has made the better throws, if the kid is ready let him go. i'd say it's a 60% chance of him winning out the starting job right now.

Comment

we would sit him because we dont want to ruin his career by sending him into the fire behind a bad OL before hes ready. Look at guys like David Carr, Tim Couch, Akili Smith......talented players thrown into the fire before they were ready, their careers ruined.

Comment

Yah we really need the OL to sort their **** out before we send Jamarcus out there....if they pick up the ZBS quickly and are protecting well, by all means, let them man play.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Im not totally against starting him day one especially since were playing Detroit.
                "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

I say we start Russell from day 1. In the NFL you draft for the present and the future. And I think the best way to learn is from your own mistakes, not someone else's (McCown in this case).

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
                    we would sit him because we dont want to ruin his career by sending him into the fire behind a bad OL before hes ready. Look at guys like David Carr, Tim Couch, Akili Smith......talented players thrown into the fire before they were ready, their careers ruined.
                    i'd rather russell learn on the job then from the bench. some guys are ready to go day 1 and i think jamarcus is ready. he's had just as much time with the new system as anybody, so neither walter or mccown can show anything that he cant learn on the fly. the line and jamarcus need to grow together as soon as possible that way they can get into rythm and get going.

Comment

He is definitely the best player on our roster...........potentially.We don't want to kill that potential by placing him behind that line that we have. He might lose concentration and eventually he'll forget what he has to do. We need to improve that o-line first or they need to prove their worth then we can throw him back there.
                      myspace.com/strangewavesmusic

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information