No announcement yet.

Jeremiah Trotter Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think that he may call it quits, if he does hopefully we'll bring him back as "badassador" 2 or something to do with the eagles.

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

they probably thought that Gaither was doing good enough to take Trotters spot eventually during mid season, and they didnt want to have that problem, or the 2 arguing. And Gaither has better legs then trotter

Comment

Based on what Reid said, it appeared that they gave Trotter all the chances possible to keep a roster spot, but he just wasn't there. The Eagles seem to think that he's cooked.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

what will be interesting to see is how our defense changes because of Gaither starting in the middle. On the plus side he gives us a lot more range to the outside, an area that (while it improved last season), has been a tough spot for us as of late. However, he will not be able to stuff the run with the same ferocity and aptitude of Trotter. Our defense will likely be speedier defense, but we will rely on our safeties to come up and support the run more. So the way I see it panning out is slightly more responsibility for our safeties and slightly less for Gocong and Spikes.

Comment

I think there's a lot more meat up front on the DLine, and that will keep the LB's cleaner. By brining back Gocong as the SAM, and adding Spikes, there's plenty of bulk at LB. Gaither's not a small guy, he's just not a behemouth like Trotter. He can tackle and move, and I'm sure they think he can shed blocks well enough to make it happen.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I read in an article that Spikes will take over the MLB spot. Is this true or is he staying outside?

Comment

Spikes can play almost every position, and Gaithers did play WLB, last year, so he has the most experince there. Though they would have done that switch in training camp. Instead of giving Spikes all those reps at WLB.

Comment

Spikes can play every position, but he plays best as a WILL. This allows him to do the things that he does best, make game-changing plays. Gaither played MIKE in college at Tennessee, and is capable of playing either WILL or MIKE for the Eagles. I think for now, Gaither is the MIKE, with Spikes as the WILL, and Gocong as the SAM. But I have a question no one but me has mentioned... Where does Gaither play after Spikes is no longer on the Eagles? I think he may move back to WILL, and Stewart Bradley will take over at MIKE. Bradley was just named the primary backup at both the SAM and MIKE positions. Bradley definitely has the size to play MIKE, but it remains to be seen whether he can do everything that is needed at the position, which I think he can do.
                  Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

I thought Gaither had a good chance to beat out Trott, but I still thought the team would keep him around since he's such a lockerroom leader.

My favorite memory of Trott his him tearing up during the national anthem against the Vikings in the playoffs. I'm starting to tear up just thinking about it! I love that man, and he will always be an Eagle.

Originally posted by snuff
                    Yeah, good joke. Awesome.

Comment

The team figured they would gice him a chance to start somewhere else. but they normally do that sort of thing.
                      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

after watching tonights game I can truely understand why the eagles decided to go with Gaither at MLB, that guy was all over the field tonight in pass coverage.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information