Tony Hunt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Hunt

Obviously as stated before im not an Eagles fan, but I always find myself talking about them since im from Philly and everyone else around me are fans. Tony Hunt keeps coming up in coversations and everyone is saying how Hunt and Westbrook are going to be such a good tandem. Do you guys really see Hunt getting that many carries this year? I think everyone is overrating the guy. He is really slow.
    Originally posted by nvot9
    I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
    Indianapolis Colts 13-3
    Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
    Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
    Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

yea i agree tony hunt is a bit overrated and he wont really get as many carries this season as ppl wud expect with correl buckhalter finally healthy and ryan moats still in the mix. plus tony hunt doesnt hav that wow factor u look for in a RB. in a few years he cud turn out to be sumtin like lamont jordan wen he was wit the jets..a very valuable backup/change of pace RB who cud possibly start for an NFL team someday

Comment

Moats is out for the season
      I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
      Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
      Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

srry im not an eagles fan or dont live in philly.btw i heard the eagles released jeremiah trotter earlier today..kinda came across as a bit of a surprise

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
          srry im not an eagles fan or dont live in philly.btw i heard the eagles released jeremiah trotter earlier today..kinda came across as a bit of a surprise
          There is a Trotter thread below if you would like to discuss further.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I feel like Hunt will slowly come along and get worked in as the season goes on. For the time being, Westbrook is the guy, with Buckhalter getting 10-15 touches a game. Hunt might start out with 5 or so touches a game, plus mop-up duty. I figure next season, Hunt will be out there more as the complement to Westbrook.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Hunt was very underrated as a draft prospect, and that worked in the Eagles favor. Hunt could work himself into the #2 RB role this season, but it is more likely that Buckhalter will keep it for at least the rest of the season. Honestly, I think Hunt could be an eventual starter in the NFL.
              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
                Obviously as stated before im not an Eagles fan, but I always find myself talking about them since im from Philly and everyone else around me are fans. Tony Hunt keeps coming up in coversations and everyone is saying how Hunt and Westbrook are going to be such a good tandem. Do you guys really see Hunt getting that many carries this year? I think everyone is overrating the guy. He is really slow.
                He'll probably get 5-10 touches per game. He's not "really" slow. He's not fast, but he's not "really slow". He timed piss poor but he plays at a decent game speed. Speed isn't everything either. Hunt is a pretty good pass blocker and has good hands. I like the combo. Westbrook is quick, shifty, fast and Hunt is more of a straight ahead bruiser.

Comment

Well honestly I hate Penn State just as much as I hate the Eagles. So I would rather see Buckhalter on the field then him.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                  Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                  Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                    He'll probably get 5-10 touches per game. He's not "really" slow. He's not fast, but he's not "really slow". He timed piss poor but he plays at a decent game speed. Speed isn't everything either. Hunt is a pretty good pass blocker and has good hands. I like the combo. Westbrook is quick, shifty, fast and Hunt is more of a straight ahead bruiser.
                    The attributes you listed in Hunt are why I think he will be a potential starter.
                    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
                      Well honestly I hate Penn State just as much as I hate the Eagles. So I would rather see Buckhalter on the field then him.
                      I can't stand PSU either, but I really wanted Hunt because he's a perfect compliment to Westbrook. And Buckhalter is never healthy.

Comment

I am a casual PSU fan, and I like the skill set that he brings to the table. He is a solid blocker, receiver, and he can run between the tackles. I note that in TC commentary, people were saying how Hunt always fell forward when he was hit. That's good stuff, considering he'll be in there to "move the pile". I like his fit in our offense. If nothing else, the Eagles seem to do a solid job finding the right RB's for their system.

Comment

Wsetbrook is the guy. And I hope Buckhalter doesn't get 10-15 touches a game. He won't catch the ball much and he doesn't play special team and I don't see him getting 10 carries a game. Westbrook will hopefully be worked alot and with Buckhalter and Hunt combined reaeiving Brian of 10 carries a game.

Comment

If the Eagles stick with more of a balanced offense, there is no way that Westbrook stays on the field that much. We're talking 60+ offensive snaps a game. That's way too many for any back. Westbrook will be deployed wisely as a runner and receiver. He will get 25+ touches every week. Buckhalter, Hunt, and Ilaoa will take the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              If the Eagles stick with more of a balanced offense, there is no way that Westbrook stays on the field that much. We're talking 60+ offensive snaps a game. That's way too many for any back. Westbrook will be deployed wisely as a runner and receiver. He will get 25+ touches every week. Buckhalter, Hunt, and Ilaoa will take the rest.
                              60 offensive snaps means 52 pass plays for the Eagles.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                              Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                              Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information