No announcement yet.

Eagles 2008 Offseason (+ Draft) Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty content with the WRs we have now, but I definitely wouldn't be opposed to bringing in a top FA.

Comment

I don't want to bring in FA's or big time veterans at the cost of cap flexibility and high draft picks. If they can do it reasonably, fine by me.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

why not bring in a FA, and stop being stingy with the cap get some talent at the WR level. Eagles always have a huge amount of extra cap left, and then to add to that the cap goes up every year.

Comment

The cap is going up, but the team also has to lock some guys up. Westbrook only has 2 years left on his deal. Runyan and Thomas are getting up there, but still command a lot of coin. You could make the argument to give an extension to Omar Gaither. There are players who we know and love who have to be locked up. I'd rather do before I go shopping.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Well we are expected to be picking from the 16-19 range.So how about Sam Baker, "Tra" Thomas and Runyan are getting up in age like you said, so how about drafting a LT in the 1st round. I tried to pay close attention to Winston Justice last game at RT and other than penalties he didn't play to bad, with another year of coaching he could be pretty solid, and the penalties will ease out with experience. I'm looking at Scott's list for LTs now and the guys we'll have a chance on would be Jeff Otah, Goster Cherilus, Sam Baker and Chris Williams. Otah could play both tackle spots, and has alot of upside, I don't like Cherilus, and Baker seems like he has a high floor.

Comment

Don't forget that there could be junior LT's entering the draft that could complicate the picture. Also, junior position players could really mess with the draft and complicate matters. I am highly confident that the Eagles could stay where they are in rounds 1 and 2 and get 2 impact players.

Comment

Michael Oher seems like an intriguing prospect at LT. After reading about him some sites even think he could start as a rookie which he won't need to do. So he'd definatly be ready in his 2nd year when we don't have Tra.

Comment

I hate to say it but I also think it may be time for a new kicker. I have very little confidence in David Akers anymore. It is very important to be able to kick it deep on kickoffs and make field goals past 40 yards and he just isn't making the cut anymore.

Comment

Akers has totally flew under the radar of someone to consider replacing, i am not sure what other kickers are out there on the FA market but that is something they should be thinking about.

According to profootballtalk we are picking 19 in the draft, a little later than wat i would have hoped.....

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

Finding a good kicker is a hard thing. Maybe we could take a flyer on a kicking in round 6 or 7.

Comment

Howard better be gone. He's been even more useless than Kearse. By the way, isn't Larry Fitzgerald a UFA?

Comment

i don;t think so if Larry was a FA then it would be big news all over and signing Carlos dansby for the Cards, would not be their number 1 goal

Comment

How about Javon Walker

Comment

I definitely think Akers is gone. Akers, LJ, Kearse, Howard, maybe Spikes. Runyan could go due to cost. Greg Lewis as well, but who knows there? I don't expect a ton of turnover.

Comment

i havn't found anything saying that this is Runyan's contract year, or its up.

Spikes i think stays for 1 more year, and then he is out, with Bradely taking over

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information