X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bsaza2358
    started a topic Eagles 2008 Offseason (+ Draft) Thread

Eagles 2008 Offseason (+ Draft) Thread

Since we're over halfway through this season, it's never a bad time to start discussing 2008. Let's go!

• eaglesalltheway
    replied
    That is something that people forget about Cole. In fact Cole is for the Eagles what Jevon Kearse was SUPPOSED to be. Cole is great against the run, and much better than Osi. Yes his sack stats were a littel inflated for that one game, but two years ago he had a very solid year as well.

Leave a comment:

• eaglesfan_45
    replied
    I agree cunningham, also Cole is EXTREMELY underrated against the run.

Leave a comment:

• cunningham06
    replied
    I think Cole and Osi are equal, and if not I'd say that Cole is a hair above Osi. I was not all that impressed by Osi this season, his stats were just very inflated by getting to go up against Justice in that unmemorable game. AND don't forget that Osi had a legit threat in Strahan across from him, which Cole lacked, yet Trent Cole's production was great.

Leave a comment:

• eaglesalltheway
    replied
    Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
    Bunkley is by far better than Cofield.
    There is no doubt about that at all in my mind.

Leave a comment:

• Sniper
    replied
    Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
    Its hard to gauge guys who haven't played yet, so I would take Smith and Laws off of that list, even though Laws will be better than Alford, IMO. I'm a huge Penn State fan, so those are two examples of homerism negating eachother, haha. I agree with pretty much all on there except to be honest, I think Bunkley is better than Cofield and Cole is just a hair below Osi, but its nearly equal.
    Bunkley is by far better than Cofield.

Leave a comment:

• eaglesalltheway
    replied
    Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
    I'm not going to lie, and I am completely serious when I say this....

IMO, I think that the Eagles have a better d-line than the Giants. I think the Eagles are better at DE as well.

I think the Giants are going to feel the loss of Strahan, alot. Everyone says oh, well the Giants have Tuck to replace Strahan. Thats all fine and dandy but who replaces Tuck?

On the other hand you've got the Eagles, who are now stacked at DE.

Trent Cole = Osi Umenyiora
    Victor Abiamiri < Justin Tuck
    Chris Clemons > Wallace Gilberry
    Jaqua Parker > Robert Henderson
    Darren Howard > Renaldo Wynn
    Bryan Smith > Dave Tollefson

Broderick Bunkley = Barry Cofield
    Mike Patterson > Fred Robbins
    Trevor Laws = Jay Alford
    Montae Reagor > Rodney Leslie
    Kimo Von Olheffen > Nate Robinson

Overall, the Eagles and Giants are pretty even at the top but the Eagles have better depth IMO. Of course all of this is on paper so, you never know how things are going to work out on the field when the game is on.
    Its hard to gauge guys who haven't played yet, so I would take Smith and Laws off of that list, even though Laws will be better than Alford, IMO. I'm a huge Penn State fan, so those are two examples of homerism negating eachother, haha. I agree with pretty much all on there except to be honest, I think Bunkley is better than Cofield and Cole is just a hair below Osi, but its nearly equal.

Leave a comment:

• brat316
    replied
    We one of our DE turns into a good bull rusher then I'll be happy and well have better DEs/line then the giants

Leave a comment:

• eaglesfan_45
    replied
    I'm not going to lie, and I am completely serious when I say this....

IMO, I think that the Eagles have a better d-line than the Giants. I think the Eagles are better at DE as well.

I think the Giants are going to feel the loss of Strahan, alot. Everyone says oh, well the Giants have Tuck to replace Strahan. Thats all fine and dandy but who replaces Tuck?

On the other hand you've got the Eagles, who are now stacked at DE.

Trent Cole = Osi Umenyiora
    Victor Abiamiri < Justin Tuck
    Chris Clemons > Wallace Gilberry
    Jaqua Parker > Robert Henderson
    Darren Howard > Renaldo Wynn
    Bryan Smith > Dave Tollefson

Broderick Bunkley = Barry Cofield
    Mike Patterson > Fred Robbins
    Trevor Laws = Jay Alford
    Montae Reagor > Rodney Leslie
    Kimo Von Olheffen > Nate Robinson

Overall, the Eagles and Giants are pretty even at the top but the Eagles have better depth IMO. Of course all of this is on paper so, you never know how things are going to work out on the field when the game is on.

Leave a comment:

• eaglesalltheway
    replied
    He was being beat by Jermome McDougle in camp, he was being beat by everyone in camp. I do not think he has the talent to play LT or RT.
    Once again, not true. I remember on the eagles site one of the wirters named him the offensive performer of the day. Don't beleive things you read on blogs. If your going to post things like that, check it out first to see if they are VALID. Don't just be a sheep and just single-mindedly agree and then spread the sheep sh*t.

Leave a comment:

• eaglesfan_45
    replied
    I don't remember where I read it, it was on a blog but It happened and if I find it again I will post it. But then again it was a blog so, maybe it was a exaggeration. But I wouldn't be suprised, especially after the Giants game. I'd imagine his confidence is shot down.

Leave a comment:

• brat316
    replied
    He was being beat by Jermome McDougle in camp, he was being beat by everyone in camp. I do not think he has the talent to play LT or RT.
    where is the link for this

Leave a comment:

• eaglesfan_45
    replied
    Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
    Absolutely correct, on both counts. He has the rsponsibility, but technique is different. I do think however, that it would be possible for him to still be a LT, as he is talented enough to do all of the things required to be a LT. I still think he's better suited as a RT for us, but LT isn't completely out of the question.

Leave a comment:

• Eagles own the NFC East
    replied
    Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
    He dropped because of character concerns, so I don't know what point you are getting at. As long as the police aren't discovering guns in his kitchen, or he's making it rain in strip clubs with bullets, the fact that he dropped isn't much of an issue.

You have the same RESPONSIBILITY of protecting your qb's blindside, but other than that it is completely different. The technique with your feet and hands has to change to make the transition from right tackle to left.
    Yeah your right with different technique but he still has the same responsibility and duty at the LT position as he did at RT in college. His character issues weren't that big in college. It was like pretending to threaten people using a fake gun? Ok that is pretty stupid lol but his immaturity wasn't the only reason he dropped that much. As fans, we never get the real inside scoop of why all of a sudden out of nowhere players drop on draft day, there was probably more to it, GM's probably thought he didn't have the talent worthy of a top 10 pick.

I agree with you though he is more of an RT then LT. At worse he will give us great depth at both positions if he doesn't become a starter which isn't bad at all.

Leave a comment:

• eaglesalltheway
    replied
    Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
    He dropped because of character concerns, so I don't know what point you are getting at. As long as the police aren't discovering guns in his kitchen, or he's making it rain in strip clubs with bullets, the fact that he dropped isn't much of an issue.

You have the same RESPONSIBILITY of protecting your qb's blindside, but other than that it is completely different. The technique with your feet and hands has to change to make the transition from right tackle to left.
    Absolutely correct, on both counts. He has the rsponsibility, but technique is different. I do think however, that it would be possible for him to still be a LT, as he is talented enough to do all of the things required to be a LT. I still think he's better suited as a RT for us, but LT isn't completely out of the question.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information