2007 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
    I agree with you, because with his more than adequate speed, he at least has the capability of being able to go into coverage. Hopefully though, other teams won't figure this out so he drops to us at 26.
    Hopefully, his coverage skills are much better than people give him credit for. Last season at Ole Miss he did a very solid job. Anyway who says we won't take a LB who isn't good in coverage? Trotter has never been that great at it. As long as we play enough nickel LB packages any weaknesses we have in linebacker coverage should be minimalized. I like McCoy at nickel LB his coverage skills continue to improve and he's pretty solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Incinerator View Post
      Now that the combine is over what do you guys want with our first three picks?

I'm now thinking:
      1 - Michael Griffin
      2 - Quentin Moses (stock is plummeting)
      3 - Anthony Waters

though I doubt they would go all defense on the first day I think that would be a great draft. Griffin fills in the safety spot Lewis left, Kearse is aging and Moses has potential as seen by his Junior year, and Waters can eventually replace Trotter in the middle, whether it be this season or next, and hopefully they keep Gaither at WLB.

I am not a huge fan of Quentin Moses. He's an underachiever and there's nothing I dislike more than that. We need to take a DE in this draft, but if it is going to be a second round pick, I would rather us take a different type of DE. We have plenty of good pass rushing DE's, but we need a DE who is good at both which Moses is not. He's a good pass-rusher, but he is not very good against the run.

Comment

I like Griffen in the first, might be there since a lot of players started running amazing 40s including him, hes a big man that can play run and pass

second round i would rather pick timmons might not be there or Crowder from Texas

third round pick i love Waters, might be reach hopefully his injury does not affect his pro career, i think it was acl or mcl

Comment

looking at all these lbs we have and that we are going to get, are we planning on having a lot of packages with them, the only on i see starting every down it trotter

we have Gaithers and McCoy
          a lb from the draft and GoCong and Jones

only place i think we should add depth is mlb behind trotter if Gaithers is going to continue to play wlb

Comment

since willis proabably wont be avliable to us how about Tim Shaw ran 4.49 from Penn State same as willis
            http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...b/timshaw.html

or

Antwan Barnes ran 4.40 and did 31 reps is 6'1 240 that is impressive
            http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...wanbarnes.html

Comment

Griffin would be a great first pick for us, we could go Quentin Moses, but like it was said before, we need someone who can stop the run at DE as well, so maybe not him. If he was the only acceptable DE left though, sure, I would take him. I'm telling you guys, don't rule out Leonard if he is still left for our pick in the second, especially now that it is inevitable that we will lose Stallworth, we need somone who can contribute to both our run and pass offense, which he can do. I know most of you don't want him, but with Stallworth gone and our young WRs, and a gap that needs to be filled at RB, Leonard would make a lot of sense.
              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

And the Waters pick is good. I'm sure we all can agree on that.

Comment

for another possible second round end I like Abiamiri

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

He might be gone by our pick.

Comment

I saw a video of the safety from Hawaii, he was crazy like, actually reminded me of troy Polamalu we could get him as a Undrafted FA Leaonard Peters look for him on you tube

Comment

You can't just go by a guy from his highlight reel. That is why it is his HIGHLIGHT REEL. Besides, he is already 27 and I don't think he would be anything better than a special teams star.

Comment

I'd rather wait a couple rounda and take that big SS from Hawaii, I'm blanking on his name. Then take Wendling in the 2nd, he's good but I'm not sure he is that good. But he is moving up some people boards lately.

Comment

I don't know about Peters. I like what I see on some aspects, he looks like a playmaker, but he also looks like he plays too wild for our defense. He definitely reminds me of Polamalu, but Troy's a lot more athletic so he can get away with some of what he does, Peters doesn't have all that.

Comment

Oh yeah, what's up everyone. Joined here a while ago and was planning to contribute on a regular basis but it never happened, always visit these boards though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
                                I'd rather wait a couple rounda and take that big SS from Hawaii, I'm blanking on his name. Then take Wendling in the 2nd, he's good but I'm not sure he is that good. But he is moving up some people boards lately.
                                Yeah that who we are talking about Peters, na he is more of a ufa then somone to draft, he is kinda injury prone, also i forgot that he is 27

Wendling i think is great, can play the run and pass well, all he needs work is his technique that is fix able, his measrualbes are great

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information