Clear All

These are the MLB prospects I want the eagles to draft

1st round - Patrick Willis
    2nd round - David Harris
    3rd round - Anthony Waters
    4th-6th round - Desmond Bishop

Not interested in Beason though

Comment

PaT willis might not be there i think he is either going to the bills or rams

Comment

i want Griffin in the first

Comment

I would be more than fine if we got Willis in the first. The safety class is much more deep than the LB class this year and we could get a very good safety in the second. Maybe Weddle or Wendling. Although I would rather we get a S like Griffin in the first, becuase we can wait until the third or fourth round to get someont like Waters or Bishop. Bishop seems like a Trotter clone if you ask me.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

i like Waters better he is faster, even though he is and inch bigger and 5 pounds heveier, Waters was clearly improving alot each year, untill his injury, with that injury he did pull of a nice 40

Comment

I don't think we need to worry about the Bills taking Willis, they will probably pick some random player that few people expected. There's a good chance he will be gone before us though.

Comment

What was Waters' 40 time anyway?

Comment

hmmmm NDC has him at 4.65 and NDS has him at 4.59

Comment

Either one isn't too bad, but it would be nice if it is 4.59, especially if this was his 40 and he is still recovering from the injury. Thanks.

Comment

Honestly it doesn't matter which it is. The 40 is overrated anyway, 0.06 seconds difference doesn't make that big of a difference on the field. Just knowing that he is in that range is very encouraging, especially since some linebackers had problems with the turf and timed slower than expected. That is a fast time for a LB, and it appears he has come back well from his injury. I am a big Clemson fan and have watched quite a bit of Waters, and if he could bring us the range he had before his injury, then he would be an excellent prospect to draft.

After all before his injury, at the beginning of the season, Scott thought that he was at least a second round talent who was a good senior season away from being in the first round. He's got good skills, and good speed, and is a great natural athlete. The more I think about it the more I like us taking him assuming we can get our hands on a early 4th round pick. Taking him in the third round would be a reach even though he is very talented. He probably will last til the second day. If we can get a 4th round pick I would be all for drafting him.

Comment

I would draft him in the third or fourth. He may be a little bit of a reach, but his talent would make up for it. My biggest needs, IMO for the Eagles are:
                        1. Safety, I'm pretty sure that is what we all could agree on.
                        2. MLB, We need someone to either take over for Trotter when he retires, or somone to replace him on the roster. I heard a rumor that he may be cut sometime before the upcoming season. I hope it isn't true though.
                        3. Nickel CB. This may not be a need for long, because Rod Hood is not getting the kind of interest he thought he was going to get. So maybe he ends up back in Midnight Green. If not Will James is another possibility.
                        4. Big RB. I think another quality RB would help Donovan and Westbrook a lot. We need to take some pressure off of McNabb for at least the first few games if he is able to start the season. A two back system is effective right now and we need somone to compliment Westy.
                        5. DE. Even though we just re-signed Juqua, our DEs are getting old and have a lot of question marks. Hopefully we are able to get a guy that is successful against the run and pass. Another DE would be great for our rotation.
                        6. Big DT. If we don't get one in FA, the later rounds of the draft would be a great spot to get a big runstuffer to go into our rotation.
                        7. WR. This is is Donte doesn't re-sign, but I think this offense could be successful without him. We could look for a middle round speed WR to give us a deep threat if we lose Donte, but I still don't think we absolutely need a WR
                        8. OLB. Most would have this higher up on their draft boards. We could go with this in the earlier rounds if there is someone the FO likes, but I don't think we will. Here is my reasoning. The organization did say Gaither is our future at MIKE, but he is better suited to play WILL. If we draft an OLB early though, that means Gaither IS our future MLB and I am wrong. Some could argue that this and MLB should be switched, but I would disagree.
                        9. QB. This would be a third srting guy that we would pick either in the last two rounds or undrafted. If Koy comes back, I doubt we go after one though

Comment

My point for that was MLB could be one of our top three or four needs depending on how you see it, but I would have no problem taking him in the end of the third round.

Comment

rounds 1-7

ok tell me if this sounds relistic...

1. OLB Paul Posluszy (penn st)
                            6-1 237 4.7sec
                            face it we need a good solid player here
                            can play MLB or OLB

2. QB Troy Smith (Ohio St)
                            6-0 222 4.65sec
                            He is small but is a great athlete
                            we need good back up for the criple

3. ILB David Harris (mich)
                            6-2 239 4.8sec
                            Trotter has to start to train his replacement for the years to come
                            at Harris would be a good fit

4. DT turk McBride (Tenn)
                            6-3 285 5.0
                            a small/slower type(needs work) but when he is on his game
                            he can play...a little help this will be a good player in the NFL

5. OLB Prescott Burgess (Mich)
                            6-3 245 4.7
                            I know (another LB) yes..he can learn the system..
                            and CAN play special Teams for now

6. SS Marvin White (texas Christian)
                            6-1 196 4.41
                            We need another safty either FS or SS
                            dawk is getting older but he aint gonna go no where
                            so he would be a great teacher right now

7. DE Antwan Barnes (Florida Int)
                            6-0 243 4.53
                            lets get another DE get one that has what the coaches can work with
                            and make better...not a bad athlete and could fit nicely here...
                            Last edited by dcsicass31birds; 03-08-2007, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I thought Barnes is a Olb maybe de if he switched i guess i think he is going in the 4-5 round

Comment

Yeah he is a OLB, I dunno about him switching to DE. And he definitely will go higher than 7th round, after his combine performance as he was one of the best testing wise, I really wouldn't be surprised if he ended up going end of the 1st day, but most likely beginning of the 2nd day.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information