No announcement yet.

2007 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only rushing LBs need the same moves as DEs. Did you look at his film? I don't think you did because if you would have, you would have understood what I was talking about. Look at the film, and then come back with your argument. Yes I could see him playing some DE, but I think he will be our SAM and SAM only.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

I think Gocong could play rush DE in our system on obvious passing downs, but he really lacked the bulk in his lower body to hold up as a DE over time. I remember watching him do the LB drills at last year's combine and coming away impressed. He has a nice attacking style and wraps up well. I like Gocong as a flex type player. I don't think he'll ever be a superb coverage guy, but he can do the pressure off the edge thing as a rush LB and also flow to the ball.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

He would be an excellent fit at joker in our defense where he does a little of both.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
          He would be an excellent fit at joker in our defense where he does a little of both.
          I guess so, but would our defense do that?

Comment

If we keep our own 3 picks I'd be happy with -

1 Robert Meachem WR Tennessee
            2 Fred Bennett CB South Carolina
            3 Eric Weddle S Utah

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
              I guess so, but would our defense do that?
              By Joker I just mean a mix of playing hand down DE and then upright maybe play some coverage, not necessarily SLB. We did this with Kearse quite a bit in 2004. As I remember joker was Johnson's original plan before just full time SLB.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob331 View Post
                If we keep our own 3 picks I'd be happy with -

1 Robert Meachem WR Tennessee
                2 Fred Bennett CB South Carolina
                3 Eric Weddle S Utah
                1. We just signed Curtis so I don't see us taking Meachem
                2. Fred Bennett is a slight reach there, not that I wouldn't want him, he's awesome.
                3. I seriously doubt that Weddle will last to our pick in the third round, if even the third round at all.

Comment

A player that I really like that would be a good 7th round pick or UFA is Louis Leonard out of Fresno St. Scott doesn't have him on his list of DT's, but here are his measurables, and a rough scouting report.

6'4 3/4" I've seen him listed from 320 to 353 pounds

Positives: Obviously, he's massive. Excellent at tying up blockers, a solid 2 gap DT. Good initial quickness, has strength to anchor the line. He can be an effective pass-rusher at times because of his rare blend of quickness and power. Has a very powerful bull rush. Has a solid motor despite size when he is well rested.

Negatives: He lacks technique and experience. He only started the whole season as a senior. Needs to learn to use hands more effectively when shedding blocks. Wears down quickly, needs a rotation. Needs to monitor weight carefully. Lacks closing burst.

Overall: This guy seems like the situational run stuffer we've been dreaming about. He lacks technique, but honestly that doesn't make that much of a difference for a player like him. He's also not bad against the pass. He is a DT in the mold of Ma'ake Kemoeatu, and has rare athleticism for a 7th rounder-UFA prospect. The main knock on him is that he doesn't have much experience, so he could be a diamond in the rough for us.

Another DT I like is Mike DeVito another late round-UFA run stuffer prospect. Any thoughts on Leonard?

Comment

Sure, why not.

Comment

NFLCountdown website has the Eagles taking Troy Smith in the 3rd round in their mock draft. That couldn't be further then what will really happen. If they draft him I will become a Houston Texans fan.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockround3.html

Comment

Agreed, ihate. First of all, Smith is not the type of QB the Eagles generally draft for development purposes. Usually, they're going for big, strong-armed kids. Smith is neither. I don't see Smith as a guy who could step in and win games for the Eagles. If they get anyone, I'd rather they use a 5th rounder on Kevin Kolb. He can wing it!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Kolb will most likely be gone by the fifth round, maybe even the third or fourth, a lot of other teams like him as well, but I agree, I don't want Smith, and would prefer Kolb in any situation.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatephilly View Post
                            NFLCountdown website has the Eagles taking Troy Smith in the 3rd round in their mock draft. That couldn't be further then what will really happen. If they draft him I will become a Houston Texans fan.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockround3.html
                            Then I would welcome you to the rather small group.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                              Then I would welcome you to the rather small group.
                              I think it is what, two or three?...

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                                I think it is what, two or three?...
                                Originally yes, America, Datchapin, and I, but now we have more we're closing in on about 8. Oh Baby!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information