No announcement yet.

FA Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Horn can't stay healthy, he would be a waste of money. Right now I don't think we need to pick up another WR. We should focus on getting Stallworth and thats it. Despite dropping a lot of balls, I liked what I saw from our receivers last season. Tons of big play ability, and great improvement from our young guys.

Comment

I see your point fellas 34 is a big number for WR, if we get stallworth GRRREat if we dont i still think we need some veteran Receiver

Comment

IMO it's imperative the Eagles re-sign Stallworth. If they fail to do so I think the group of WR's go from a rating of B to C pretty quickly. Don't get me wrong, I still think the WR corp is solid without Stallworth. But with Stallworth in the lineup it will allow Brown and Baskett to continue to develop.

Comment

Leonard Davis of the Cardinals hasn't scheduled a trip because negotiations were heating up with at least three NFC East teams, including the Dallas Cowboys. as per ESPN mmmmm

Comment

The Eagles don't really HAVE to free up much space. They don't have many FA's over the next few seasons. McNabb, Westbrook, Reggie Brown, Baskett, Avant, Runyan, Thomas, Heremens, Jackson, and Andrews are all signed through at least 2008. Cole, Kearse, Howard, Patterson, Bunkley, McCoy, Gaither, Sheppard, Brown, Dawkins, and Considine are also signed long term. That doesn't even include Feeley, Mikell, and J Thomas's contracts, plus rookies and younger reserves. The team has 1 key FA next offseason in LJ Smith. Runyan and William Thomas come due soon after that. If the Eagles cut no one, they won't have to spend a ton of FA money to keep the same players and quality players on the field. Again, this doesn't include the 2007 and 2008 draft classes...

I'm not worried about cap space at this point. The Eagles had their "offseason" spending binge in August-October, when they locked up Dawkins, Patterson, Brown, Heremens, Jackson, Cole, and Andrews...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I hope Ken Hamlin, I doubt we sign any big FA's probably just some guys for depth. We don't have a whole lot of cap room and our needs can be solved in the draft.

Comment

The fact that we don't have a lot of cap room makes Hamilin's signing with the Eagles highly unlikely. He is the best safety on the market, and he will want to be paid as such. Can the Eagles give him an Ed Reed-esque contract? I think not. I also think that would be overpaying. If the team could sign him for a reasonable deal, I'd do it, but I don't foresee the market being reasonable in any sense.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                  The fact that we don't have a lot of cap room makes Hamilin's signing with the Eagles highly unlikely. He is the best safety on the market, and he will want to be paid as such. Can the Eagles give him an Ed Reed-esque contract? I think not. I also think that would be overpaying. If the team could sign him for a reasonable deal, I'd do it, but I don't foresee the market being reasonable in any sense.
                  I agree with you on this one.
                  Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

What are your thoughts on bringing Ed Hartwell in under a incentive-ridden contract?

Sig by Kramer

Comment

i wouldnt mind bringing in hartwell at all and wouldnt mind looking at porter since hes only 29, id sign him to a 3-4 yr deal or looking at simmons to a 2-3 yr deal. i would love for them just to sign one of these LBs but wont happen

Comment

I thought b dawks deal is up next year, he only signed a two year deal, this year or was it an extension

Comment

We've got his for at least two more years.

Comment

Just thought I would put it out there, the Bucs signed Jeff Garcia. I for one am very happy, I didn't want him to end up with the Raiders. He is too good of a player to suffer through that kind of situation.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                              Just thought I would put it out there, the Bucs signed Jeff Garcia. I for one am very happy, I didn't want him to end up with the Raiders. He is too good of a player to suffer through that kind of situation.
                              And Mike Lewis signed with SF. I posted this earlier but for some reason it got deleted. These boards really have some random posts dissapear.
                              Last edited by Dillen; 03-03-2007, 02:52 PM.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

I thought Lewis signed with the Niners...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information