No announcement yet.

FA Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, he did. I was still thinking about your post and Garcia.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

If the Eagles don't start making some noise in FA I'm gonna lose it. I need a little more activity. Even if they are small signings I don't care, I just want something!

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
        If the Eagles don't start making some noise in FA I'm gonna lose it. I need a little more activity. Even if they are small signings I don't care, I just want something!
        I dont think there is gonna be alot of news from the Eagles this FA.Im guessing depending on whether they re-sign Stallworth or not,they may bring in Moulds or Horn for a veteran WR for a year or two and continue to develop our young guys.
        ~Its only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything~

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
          Any eagles fan that didn't forsee this is kidding themselves. Personally I am quite happy with the fact that they got Juqua Thomas and Quintin Mikell re-signed. The only other things they may do is bring in a RB and vet WR.

Sig by Kramer

Comment

nah we need to give our already rb's a shot that we have, unless we pick up a bruiser rb from FA i dont see many out there except for T.J.

YES vet WR i like Moulds so far no long line of injury
            Also Patrick Crayton is there, but so far not much experince same as Brown
            Bobby Engram is another choice

Comment

I don't see us going after another WR besides Donte in FA. Even though we may not believe in out young WRs, the Eagles FO does. We may go after a RB, but I am not sold on that idea yet. I heard Chris Brown was in meetings with Philly earlier this week, but I doubt he is a possibility, he would be too expensive. I personally wouldn't mind having T.J. Duckett on our team, but I beleive there are better options through the draft, even in the later rounds. The only thing the FO could go after would be a big, fun-stuffing DT to use in our rotation. If that would be so, that would all but announce to the world that we are trading Darwin Walker. I think we need a run-stuffer at DT to complete the D-line. It would help improve our defense, along with a SS and maybe a LB, most likely MLB.
              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

I think if we give Bunk a chance he can stuff the run effectively. He's extremely strong, and short so he can get good leverage, but to play it safe we may need to bring in a massive FA DT.

Comment

Hey guys, just wanted to know what you all thought of this. I know TE isn't really a need, but to me I'm still not fully sold on Schobel after last season even though he did step things up towards the end of the season. Daniel Graham is one possibility, he's closer to a complete tight end than what we have right now, even though LJ's a better reciever and has improved blocking wise. And Randy McMichael just got cut today, he's a better reciever than Schobel IMO. I know it's probably unlikely that the Eagles would go after either one, but it's slighty wishful thinking, in the hopefully unlikely case that LJ is let go after this upcoming season. But what do you all think?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigp5437 View Post
                    Hey guys, just wanted to know what you all thought of this. I know TE isn't really a need, but to me I'm still not fully sold on Schobel after last season even though he did step things up towards the end of the season. Daniel Graham is one possibility, he's closer to a complete tight end than what we have right now, even though LJ's a better reciever and has improved blocking wise. And Randy McMichael just got cut today, he's a better reciever than Schobel IMO. I know it's probably unlikely that the Eagles would go after either one, but it's slighty wishful thinking, in the hopefully unlikely case that LJ is let go after this upcoming season. But what do you all think?
                    I think both Graham and McMichael would both be commanding a #1 TE's salary, so a no to both(not to mention McMichaels legal woes). Personally, I feel comfortable with LJ at TE and would rather draft a TE than spend the money in FA.

Comment

Originally posted by jefepowhnzer View Post
                      I think both Graham and McMichael would both be commanding a #1 TE's salary, so a no to both(not to mention McMichaels legal woes). Personally, I feel comfortable with LJ at TE and would rather draft a TE than spend the money in FA.
                      I agree with you on that one.

Comment

Very much agree. McMichael also can't seem to stop smacking his wife around. He has off the field issues, and he also has taken steps back in the past 2 seasons. He is not as dynamic a weapon as you'd think.

I like Graham a ton, but, as I said when it was rumored he'd signed with Denver, I don't see him wanting any sort of complementary role. He has the skills of a #1 TE. If I were him, I'd want to start and get paid as a starter. He won't get that in Philly.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I agree, Graham is most likely going to land in Denver. If not, I've heard Seattle has shown interest in him as well. I say it is very likely he ends up with either of those two teams. He would be too expensive anyway.

Comment

I heard from NFL Networtk from Adam Shefter that the Eagles are targeting Donnie Edwards, OLB from the Chargers. He said that the Cheifs may be looking at him, but would have to beat out the Eagles and some other team. What would you think if we were to sign him?

Comment

I'd love that move actually. I think Donnie still has a least a good season or two decent ones left in him, enough to merit us signing him for a year or two. And he could definitely be a mentor for our young players as well. I don't think he'd be too costly, if I remember correctly he wasn't too happy the last year or so in SD, so he's glad to be out of there.

Comment

THat would be a good move as long as those 2 3 years arent to costly like Jamal Lewis 1 year 3.5 million He could replace Dahni Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information