FA Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FA Discussion

With FA rapidly approaching, discuss any players who you are interested in.

Stephen Davis- very good goal line RB, age is a question
    Antwan Peek- underrated pass rusher who may be cheap since his playing time decreased greatly this season
    Ian Scott- good 3rd option at DT assuming we dump Walker
    Napoleon Harris- solid backup
    Ken Hamlin- the one big FA I want us to pursue
    Lenny Walls- Big CB with alright skill set

These are a few guys who I would like for us to pursue.

Comment

Adalius Thomas...lol
      Most of those seem good, but I would add Carlos Emmons. He knows our system and would be a good insurance policy if Gocong doesn't work out. Kendrick Allen, I think thats what his name is. He is a big run-stuffing DT that we should go after if we wouldn't get Ian Scott. We could go after a big RB, but I would rather have any of the big backs in this year's draft (Leonard, Hunt, Ilaoa, Bush, Henry.)
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

A couple of players I have interest in are Boss Bailey and Musa Smith.

Comment

Bailey is a very interesting player, but he's a WILL in our scheme. We have Gaither and McCoy there, so the fit isn't spectacular. Musa Smith is very intruiging.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Boss Bailey was one of the worst starting LBs in the league last year. He is awful. The only good thing about him is that hes fast

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

The Bailey's have mad speed, but Boss I don't think has developed very much, there is still a lot of room for improvement, he could become a solid player. I like Musa Smith a lot.

Comment

I posted a thread yesterday, but that got deleted too. If anyone didn't see it or didn't find out yet, we re-signed Mikell and Juqua Thomas. Thomas's deal can't be announced until Friday because he earned the league minimum last year, so now we will focus on William James and Koy Detmer.

Comment

Fantastic news about Juqua, his contract is probably pretty solid which means we have even less cap-room, I think that the probability that Kearse will get traded just went up.

Comment

What would Kearse be worth? Would his contract need work for a trade to happen?

Comment

Kearse is not worth very much right now. He has uncertainty about his knee, he wasn't terribly productive the last 2 seasons, and his contract is an absolute bear. I would think he's worth no more than a late third rounder, at best. Certain teams could take his salary on, but they likely won't offer us much for their trouble.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I highly doubt we will trade Kearse, unless we could get a second round pick for him, which won't happen due to his age and injury status. Why would you want him traded? This D-line was beastly with him on it. He improves our whole defense and is valuable to the team as a leader.

Comment

He's an excellent player don't get me wrong, if he can match what he was doing at the beginning of the season next year then I certainly want him back, but his contract is huge and he hasn't lived up to it. Depending on what kind of offers we could get of course. Bsaza makes a good point he couldn't fetch a big enough offer to make the trade worthwhile, but we need to free up cap space somehow.

Comment

How about getting Joe Horn as a veteran WR, i was going to say stokley but he would be too expensive

Comment

Yeah, Brandon Stokley is going to be more expensive than Joe Horn.

How about neither? Horn is done. People forget he talked **** about the Eagles last year.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information