No announcement yet.

Eagles Mock Drafts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B-Dawk is correct about compensatory trades. I also don't see the Eagles trading Thomas at any point.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Really? I could have sworn I heard Dave Spadaro say something on Eagles Live about possibly trading the compensatory picks to move up in the draft. Well make that a 2008 4th and 5th I guess. Comments on the players I picked?

Comment

Dave Spadaro just ikes to stir the pot a little bit, and sometimes he doesn't check his facts, so I tend to be cautious when he says stuff like that. And you can not trade compensatory picks. I don't think we have any this year.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
          Dave Spadaro just ikes to stir the pot a little bit, and sometimes he doesn't check his facts, so I tend to be cautious when he says stuff like that. And you can not trade compensatory picks. I don't think we have any this year.
          I allready acknowleged that you can't trade compensatory picks and fixed that by trading regular picks, I would like some feedback on the players I picked in my latest mock.

Comment

I just finished doing a full two round mock

Round 1
            Oakland- Jamarcus Russell
            Detroit- Joe Thomas
            Tampa Bay- Calvin Johnson
            Cleveland- Adrian Peterson
            Arizona- Gaines Adams
            Washington- Alan Branch
            Minnesota- Jamaal Anderson
            Houston- Laron Landry
            Miami- Brady Quinn
            Atlanta- Levi Brown
            San Francisco- Adam Carriker
            Buffalo- Marshawn Lynch
            St. Louis- Amobi Okoye
            Carolina- Patrick Willis
            Pittsburgh- Leon Hall
            Green Bay- Reggie Nelson
            Jacksonville- Lawrence Timmons
            Cincinnati- Chris Houston
            Tennessee- Ted Ginn
            New York (Giants)- Dwayne Jarrett
            Denver- Tim Crowder
            Dallas- Darrelle Revis
            Kansas City- Robert Meachem
            New England- Aaron Ross
            New York (Jets)- Greg Olsen
            Philadelphia- Michael Griffin
            New Orleans- Paul Posluszney
            New England- Jarvis Moss
            Baltimore- Tony Ugoh
            San Diego- Dwayne Bowe
            Chicago- Joe Staley
            Indianapolis- Justin Blaylock

Round 2
            Oakland- Joe Staley
            Detroit- Victor Abiamari
            Tampa Bay- Charles Johnson
            Cleveland- Ryan Kalil
            Chicago- Tank Tyler
            Arizona- Aaron Sears
            Houston- Brandon Meriweather
            Miami- Marcus McCauley
            Minnesota- Sidney Rice
            San Francisco- Jason Hill
            Buffalo- David Harris
            Atlanta- Anthony Spencer
            Carolina- Eric Weddle
            Pittsburgh- Michael Bush
            Green Bay- Brian Leonard
            Jacksonville- LaMarr Woodley
            Cincinnati- Zach Miller
            Tennessee- Justin Harrell
            New York (Giants)- Jon Beason
            St. Louis- Stewart Bradley
            Dallas- Drew Stanton
            Kansas City- Quinn Pitcock
            Seattle- Ben Grubbs
            Denver- Anthony Gonzalez
            Philadelphia- Buster Davis
            New Orleans- Tanard Jackson
            New York (Jets)- Antonio Pittman
            New England- Aaron Rouse
            Baltimore- Quentin Moses
            San Diego- John Wendling
            Chicago- Rufus Alexander
            Tampa Bay- Earl Everett

I think it's realistic to hope for Michael Griffin and Buster Davis. We can probably get them both.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
              Trades- William Thomas to Arizona for 3rd round pick.
              2008 4th and 5th rd. picks to Cleveland for their 2007 4th and 7th.

Rd.1 Michael Griffin S Texas - I still really like this guy for the future at SS.
              Rd.2 Ben Patrick TE Deleware - I don't think this is gonna be a popular pick but this guy is a very good all around TE and if he excels as a rookie we won't have to worry so much about re-signing LJ Smith.
              Rd.3 [F/ARI] Craig Davis WR LSU - Has descent size and has the ability to stretch the field which is needed with the loss of Stallworth.
              Rd.3 Anthony Waters MLB Clemson - Has good size and can take over for Trotter in a year or 2.
              Rd.4 [F/CLE] Paul Soliai DT Utah - A big fat DT who could really help our defense in the run game.
              Rd.5 Nate Ilaoa RB Hawaii - Big guy that can play in short yardage situations and extend drives which actually hurt us a lot the last few years.
              Rd.6 Mike Otto OT Purdue - Since I have W. Thomas getting traded, Justice is now the starter so we need a backup LT.
              Rd. 7 [F/ARI] Bo Smith CB Weber St. - A special teamer, maybe a developmental guy.
              Rd. 7 Justin Rascati QB James Madison - Could be the 3rd string QB and developmental guy.
              I don't think we need that many picks. We don't need a TE or WR early. We don't even need a WR now that we signed Curtis. I like the Griffin pick, though, as do most of us. Paul Soliai is way too early. We could get him or someone very much like him in the fifth or sixth round. I like Ilaoa, he is my #2 choice of RB in this draft behind Leonard. Although we don't need OL, our FO very well may draft one. I think late round CBs and QBs are a possibility, so I have no problems with tose picks. I don't see us doing that many trades. It is not like our FO to trade away next year's picks anyway, and there are a lot of great players that may be coming out next year. It is OK, but I would say we don't need this many picks, and probably won't even draft a TE or WR.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                I don't think we need that many picks. We don't need a TE or WR early. We don't even need a WR now that we signed Curtis. I like the Griffin pick, though, as do most of us. Paul Soliai is way too early. We could get him or someone very much like him in the fifth or sixth round. I like Ilaoa, he is my #2 choice of RB in this draft behind Leonard. Although we don't need OL, our FO very well may draft one. I think late round CBs and QBs are a possibility, so I have no problems with tose picks. I don't see us doing that many trades. It is not like our FO to trade away next year's picks anyway, and there are a lot of great players that may be coming out next year. It is OK, but I would say we don't need this many picks, and probably won't even draft a TE or WR.
                Yeah now that we got Curtis the changes I would make would be to not trade W.Tomas because I got that pick to draft Craig Davis, then I wouldn't draft any wrs, and I also wouldn't draft an OL because we sitll have Thomas.

Comment

What about TE? I don't think we will be drafting that position that early, maybe even at all.

Comment

With LJ and Matt Schobel no we probably won't draft a TE. However if we deal Schobel I see that as very possible.

Comment

I see it as a possibility as well. As for Cunningham's mock. There would be a lot of other teams that would not like their picks. But Griffin is OK. I'm not a big fan of Buster Davis, mostly becuase he is really small, but he would be an accepteable second round player. There are a lot of guys I would want that would be better than him that are still available though that we could pick in later rounds.

Comment

1. Michael Grffin S Texas- Starter right away at SS, great athlete and hard hitter with above average coverage skills.
                        http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...aelgriffin.html
                        2. Michael Bush RB Louisville- Was projected as a first rounder until the injury, can be a very effective short yardage back.
                        http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...ichaelbush.html
                        3. Ben Patrick TE Deleware- LJ Smith might not be here too much longer and if he's not we'll need a playmaking TE and this guy is good.
                        http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...benpatrick.html
                        5. Desmond Bishop MLB Cal- This team may seem stacked at LB right now but Bishop could be the ideal replacement for Trotter.
                        http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...mondbishop.html
                        6. AJ Davis CB NC State- Very underrated cb who can compete for dimeback right away and could very possibly be the nickelback in a year if James leaves throuh FA.
                        http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...cb/ajdavis.html
                        7. Xzavie Jackson DE Missouri- Sleeper DE who is solid against the run and could get some PT in obvious rushing situations.
                        http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...viejackson.html

This would be an amazing draft imo and if it went something like this in real life I think we could be strong Superbowl contenders.

Comment

you could get bush in prob the 4th or even 5th round now...since he had surgery on his leg he is out an extra 2 months so he wont even have worked out before the draft and said that bush will fall and maybe into the 2nd day...i project him now into the 3rd or 4th. also the eagles value CB so they would prob take one earlier since all they got is sheppard, brown, and james. hanson blows and should not be in the nfl

Comment

there is no way Bush is a 4th or 5th rd. pick. He was a top 15 pick and then he got a season ending injury, which was a broken leg, which is the "best season ending injury"

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

How about these possibilities for the first two rounds:

Griffin
                              Abiamiri

Spencer/Johnson
                              Weddle

Spencer/Johnson
                              Wendling

Comment

Originally posted by Green Kool Aid View Post
                                How about these possibilities for the first two rounds:

Griffin
                                Abiamiri

Spencer/Johnson
                                Weddle

Spencer/Johnson
                                Wendling
                                I don't see DE as that big of a need right now, maybe in 2-3 years but we have a lot of depth now at de and we have bigger needs.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information