Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Look Into the Future O-Line Situation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So at 21 and 28, who could you see as a potential starting OT? Eben Britton? Phil Loadholt? William Beatty?

Comment

I've liked Loadholt for about 3 years, but I'm not sure he has the quickness to play LT for the Eagles. I think Justice is a better RT than LT, and I feel similarly about both McGlynn and Dunlap. I could see them moving up if a guy like Oher fell. If they don't go OT with their first rounder, I'd be shocked.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
        Andrews has been listed as a G/T for a while now.

I wouldn't mind seeing a lineup like this at OL...

LT- First Round Pick (Eben Britton?)
        LG- Max-Jean Gilles
        C- Nick Cole
        RG- Shawn Andrews
        RT- Todd Herremans

What say ye?
        I wouldn't mind that at all either, but if the coaching staff is as high on McGlynn as it seems, I think it could end up more like...
        LT-First round pick
        LG-McGlynn
        C-Cole
        RG-MJG
        RT-Andrews

Either one I am a fan of, but thats somehting I've ben thinking about for a bit as well. That is a really young, talented OL right there, even with the LT spot being vacated.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
          So at 21 and 28, who could you see as a potential starting OT? Eben Britton? Phil Loadholt? William Beatty?
          Britton could. Theres talk of Oher falling that low. Loadholt would have to be RT, and I haven't seen Beatty play, but I've heard he is more of a finesse guy, and may not fit our offense well. I really wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles trade up this year. You look at all of our needs, and OT is really only what you'd consider a first round need.

Comment

But what about Winston Justice :D
            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
              I've liked Loadholt for about 3 years, but I'm not sure he has the quickness to play LT for the Eagles. I think Justice is a better RT than LT, and I feel similarly about both McGlynn and Dunlap. I could see them moving up if a guy like Oher fell. If they don't go OT with their first rounder, I'd be shocked.
              I've seen Dunlap in TC, he could easily play LT. In fact I'd say he's better suited as an LT. He has arms like nothing I've ever seen. His arms might be as long as I am tall (5'8), haha. He has enough quickness to be a LT and with this extra year, I'm sure he can do it if he needed to come in for an injury. The reason I thik he's better suited as a LT is because he can't devastate defenders like the RT traditionally should be able to do. Watching him play, he looks like more of a techniciean than a mauler, which is best suited for LT IMO.

I too would be shocked if we don't use a first rounder on some sort of O-Linemen.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                I've seen Dunlap in TC, he could easily play LT. In fact I'd say he's better suited as an LT. He has arms like nothing I've ever seen. His arms might be as long as I am tall (5'8), haha. He has enough quickness to be a LT and with this extra year, I'm sure he can do it if he needed to come in for an injury. The reason I thik he's better suited as a LT is because he can't devastate defenders like the RT traditionally should be able to do. Watching him play, he looks like more of a techniciean than a mauler, which is best suited for LT IMO.

I too would be shocked if we don't use a first rounder on some sort of O-Linemen.
                Dunlap is easily a LT and nothing else. I don't think he has the surge to be a right tackle. And I don't want any part of Loadholt.

Comment

Originally posted by twista6002 View Post
                  Dunlap is easily a LT and nothing else. I don't think he has the surge to be a right tackle. And I don't want any part of Loadholt.
                  I think Loadholt, if we could get him in the second, would be a good pick for a RT, the probablem with that is I really only think we'd pick him in the second if OL isn't addressed in the first, which many of us agree is very unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                    I think Loadholt, if we could get him in the second, would be a good pick for a RT, the probablem with that is I really only think we'd pick him in the second if OL isn't addressed in the first, which many of us agree is very unlikely.
                    Meh. I think the only spot where the eagles would take an o-linemen in the 1st would be LT. Loadholt is primarily a RT. At right tackle there are more options, Andrews could easily move out, Herremans could move out to RT, and Justice isn't a complete bust at RT, yet. I'd take a guy who is a LT only, a guy like William Beatty, is my favorite.

Comment

This is how I see it for next year.

LT - Herremans
                      LG - MJG/Cole/McGlynn
                      C - Jackson/Cole
                      RG - Andrews
                      RT - rookie (Britton/Loadholt)

There will definitely be some interesting battles going on in TC.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                        This is how I see it for next year.

LT - Herremans
                        LG - MJG/Cole/McGlynn
                        C - Jackson/Cole
                        RG - Andrews
                        RT - rookie (Britton/Loadholt)

There will definitely be some interesting battles going on in TC.
                        MJG is too slow to play left guard. He's best suited at right guard. I wouldn't mind starting him there and sliding Andrews to tackle. And I'd love to see McGlynn prove the staff right and win the left guard spot and then Cole beats out Jackson at center.

Keep in mind though there is a slight chance a name like Jason Brown or Jordan Gross becomes an Eagle and an even more likely chance we draft at least 1 lineman on the first day.

Herremans-McGlynn-Cole-MJG-Andrews*

*subject to change

Comment

I know MJG isn't an ideal LG but I don't like Andrews at RT. Cole isn't an ideal LG either.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                            I know MJG isn't an ideal LG but I don't like Andrews at RT. Cole isn't an ideal LG either.
                            Cole is a lot more ideal than MJG. He's got quicker feet to say the least. Andrews is the type that can play any position but since tackle is a more important position than guard I'd slide him out there, especially since MJG has proven he's a viable starter. But I can't emphasize enough we will have at least 1 new lineman next year regardless of position. Hopefully Jason Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
                              Meh. I think the only spot where the eagles would take an o-linemen in the 1st would be LT. Loadholt is primarily a RT. At right tackle there are more options, Andrews could easily move out, Herremans could move out to RT, and Justice isn't a complete bust at RT, yet. I'd take a guy who is a LT only, a guy like William Beatty, is my favorite.
                              I feel the same way you do about the RT position. We already have enough guys who could play there. But I could see us taking a C or something with our second first rounder and sliding people out. It would look somehting like this...

LT: Herremans
                              LG: McGlynn
                              C: First round pick
                              RG: MJG
                              RT: Andrews

Granted thats not my ideal scenario, but with the verstility of our O-linemen, almost anything is possible there.

Comment

Originally posted by twista6002 View Post
                                MJG is too slow to play left guard. He's best suited at right guard. I wouldn't mind starting him there and sliding Andrews to tackle. And I'd love to see McGlynn prove the staff right and win the left guard spot and then Cole beats out Jackson at center.

Keep in mind though there is a slight chance a name like Jason Brown or Jordan Gross becomes an Eagle and an even more likely chance we draft at least 1 lineman on the first day.

Herremans-McGlynn-Cole-MJG-Andrews*

*subject to change
                                I agree that MJG is best suited as the RG, but he isn't too slow to be the LG. I've been saying this since he got here, but he is very quick for a guy his size. Even at the weight he is, he was able to get downfield and lead the way for a few of the screen plays. Cole did it as well, but MJG isn't to slow to play LG.

I would love to get either of those FAs. I may just pee my pants.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information