Why I say no to Boldin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
    There were some moments where he showed his ego (if that's what you want to call it) like when he went up to Brad Childress and taunted him and in week 2 against Dallas when he had his early celebration moment and he dropped the ball at the 1, but for the most part he behaved well and Reid kept him in line. He is just very confident.
    Unless DeSean is a lot faster than I thought, there is now way he went up to Brad Childress all the way in Minnesota...;)
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by 619 View Post
      Desean? Are you sure you got the right guy there? That's just ludicrous.
      Thats a SC fan talking about a Cal player. Either DeSean doesn't have an ego or the world is going to end.

On a completely unrelated note, I've almost typod " Eggo" about 4 times, and now I want waffles...

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
        Unless DeSean is a lot faster than I thought, there is now way he went up to Brad Childress all the way in Minnesota...;)
        Read that again.

"he went up to Brad Childress and taunted him AND in week 2 blah blah blah"

Two separate occasions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          Read that again.

"he went up to Brad Childress and taunted him AND in week 2 blah blah blah"

Two separate occasions.
          Wow, my reading comprehension skills don't kick in until 8 a.m. EST...

Comment

• I agree with Twista to a degree. I am also against Boldin but not because he is TO 2.0. He is not a cancer, he is just a guy who wants to make the money that he thinks he deserves. I think that Boldin is in the right on that issue.

But, I don't want simply because it will cost way to much to get him where as I believe that we could get someone who is younger in the draft that has the potential become a player in the NFL (ala Nicks or Britt) where as the Eagles would have to give up a 1st and a 3rd and more for Boldin. I don't think that any WR is worth that much except for Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald.

I value young talent from the draft more than I value a solid #1 WR. Plus, is a #1 really needed? All signs point to DeSean Jackson being a good #1 in the future and I can't wait to see what he can do in his second season. I am perfectly content with having Curtis opposite him and having Avant and Baskett come out of the slot. Curtis is a solid #2/#3 WR and Avant owns the middle of the field (IMO he is not used nearly enough) and Baskett is full of potential.

If we get Boldin great we have a WR that complements Jackson, if we don't I think we'll be just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
              I agree with Twista to a degree. I am also against Boldin but not because he is TO 2.0. He is not a cancer, he is just a guy who wants to make the money that he thinks he deserves. I think that Boldin is in the right on that issue.

But, I don't want simply because it will cost way to much to get him where as I believe that we could get someone who is younger in the draft that has the potential become a player in the NFL (ala Nicks or Britt) where as the Eagles would have to give up a 1st and a 3rd and more for Boldin. I don't think that any WR is worth that much except for Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald.

I value young talent from the draft more than I value a solid #1 WR. Plus, is a #1 really needed? All signs point to DeSean Jackson being a good #1 in the future and I can't wait to see what he can do in his second season. I am perfectly content with having Curtis opposite him and having Avant and Baskett come out of the slot. Curtis is a solid #2/#3 WR and Avant owns the middle of the field (IMO he is not used nearly enough) and Baskett is full of potential.

If we get Boldin great we have a WR that complements Jackson, if we don't I think we'll be just fine.

Yeah but why gamble on potential in the first round when you know you have a sure thing, in Boldin.

On Desean Jackson, well hopefully he stays on that course of being a good number 1, I only see a good number 2 in him. Lets hope he doesn't have a rookie fall off like Michael Clayton.

If we get Boldin great we can keep McNabb, he complements the WR corps not just Jackson. This would allow them to move Jackson in the slot where they can take advantage of his speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                Yeah but why gamble on potential in the first round when you know you have a sure thing, in Boldin.

On Desean Jackson, well hopefully he stays on that course of being a good number 1, I only see a good number 2 in him. Lets hope he doesn't have a rookie fall off like Michael Clayton.

If we get Boldin great we can keep McNabb, he complements the WR corps not just Jackson. This would allow them to move Jackson in the slot where they can take advantage of his speed.
                Again McNabb will be back wether we get playmakers or not, that ESPN report was all speculation.

But you wouldn't be giving up a first, you'd be giving a first, third, 5ths and 6ths.

Also DeSean can use his speed anywhere it doesn't have to be used in the slot.

Comment

I agree with Twista to a degree. I am also against Boldin but not because he is TO 2.0. He is not a cancer, he is just a guy who wants to make the money that he thinks he deserves. I think that Boldin is in the right on that issue.

Sniper is going to love you, haha.

I too think Boldin is worth that 1st and 3rd, and even that 5th or 6th we'd have to throw in possibly. He is a top 8 WR in the NFL and will instantly become one of the most productive WRs in the NFL for us if he comes here. I'm not saying we have to get him. It'd be nice if we got him, but we'll do more than fine without him.

And Donovan is back no matter what, I'm REALLY getting tired of ESPN and their BS about McNabb...

Comment

Avant owns the middle of the field (IMO he is not used nearly enough)
                    I like you...a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      I like you...a lot.
                      I'd watch your *** thumper, and I mean that in a literal way, haha.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information