Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvin Harrison?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Marvin Harrison?

    So the word out of Indy is that Harrison is going to be cut and let go. What would the Eagles fans think of bringing him in to help McNabb and Jackson in the passing game???

  • #2
    Ehh, I'm so-so. I think if he doesn't re-sign with the Colts he may just retire. He really lost a step last year and that concerns me. There are a few good reasons why he'd come here (College with McNabb, lives in Philly, etc.) but I'm not sure if this is really that likely. He isn't really a good fit for the WCO, he isn't much of a YAC guy who will break tackles. In fact, he's known more for protecting his body than YAC.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

    Rest in Peace, themaninblack

    Comment


    • #3
      Only if he doesn't shoot anybody

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
        Ehh, I'm so-so. I think if he doesn't re-sign with the Colts he may just retire. He really lost a step last year and that concerns me. There are a few good reasons why he'd come here (College with McNabb, lives in Philly, etc.) but I'm not sure if this is really that likely. He isn't really a good fit for the WCO, he isn't much of a YAC guy who will break tackles. In fact, he's known more for protecting his body than YAC.
        on this team I'm more concerned with the receiver catching the ball, breaking tackles and getting YAC is a bonus.

        Thanks Eaglez.Fan

        For Everybody:
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

        R.I.P. JJ

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by camp_eagles View Post
          on this team I'm more concerned with the receiver catching the ball, breaking tackles and getting YAC is a bonus.
          I would agree which is really why I thought of him as a good fit here.

          All the other stuff also gave to my thought he would want to come here, but his ability to create YAC is the main reason. With Jackson who can stretch the field and Westbrook as a release valve out of the backfield a guy like Marvin might not be a bad fit for a 2 year incentive laden contract. Give him the minimum for a Vet and LOAD up the incentives like crazy and see what he can do.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
            I would agree which is really why I thought of him as a good fit here.

            All the other stuff also gave to my thought he would want to come here, but his ability to create YAC is the main reason. With Jackson who can stretch the field and Westbrook as a release valve out of the backfield a guy like Marvin might not be a bad fit for a 2 year incentive laden contract. Give him the minimum for a Vet and LOAD up the incentives like crazy and see what he can do.
            Although Avant really started to emerge in the playoffs as a go to guy to make the catch and move the chains. He doesn't offer much in terms of YAC either, but at this point in his career Marvin Harrison isn't worth the price tag if Avant is developing as I expect.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
              Although Avant really started to emerge in the playoffs as a go to guy to make the catch and move the chains. He doesn't offer much in terms of YAC either, but at this point in his career Marvin Harrison isn't worth the price tag if Avant is developing as I expect.
              Agreed, Harrison wouldn' be a major upgrade over the corp we have. We really only need a WR if they are going to be a #1 threat, we have enough 2s, 3s, and 4s, and another won't improve our WR situation at this time.
              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

              Rest in Peace, themaninblack

              Comment

              Working...
              X

              Debug Information