Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Eagles Draft

Discuss it in this thread.

Only 364 days away!!! Honestly, I don't know who we would even pick...
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Well at the moment we really don't have any big needs so it really is hard to say who we would take.

Comment

As long as it isn't Tim Tebow:D...

Comment

Well, the only position I can see becoming a big need for us next year is RT because I do not trust Stacy Andrews there at all. Maybe he will do well there this season, but I definitely think he has one of the better chances to underperform at his position. There should be plenty of good tackle prospects available next year.

Another possibility is safety. Sean Jones is not a long term solution, and we should be able to tell definitively whether Quentin Demps is the future at FS. If the team doesn't bring back Jones and isn't sold on Demps, then a player such as Taylor Mays would be really attractive.

The third possibility as I see it is at CB. Sheldon Brown will most likely be gone after this season which will leave us with Asante Samuel, Joselio Hanson, Jack Ikegwuonu, and Ellis Hobbs who is already complaining about not making enough money. I do not trust Hobbs at all for one because he was a Patriot, and two because he's complaining this early. If the worst case scenario played out and Sheldon and Hobbs are gone then I could see us going CB since I like Joselio at nickelback much more than as a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
            Well, the only position I can see becoming a big need for us next year is RT because I do not trust Stacy Andrews there at all. Maybe he will do well there this season, but I definitely think he has one of the better chances to underperform at his position. There should be plenty of good tackle prospects available next year.

Another possibility is safety. Sean Jones is not a long term solution, and we should be able to tell definitively whether Quentin Demps is the future at FS. If the team doesn't bring back Jones and isn't sold on Demps, then a player such as Taylor Mays would be really attractive.

The third possibility as I see it is at CB. Sheldon Brown will most likely be gone after this season which will leave us with Asante Samuel, Joselio Hanson, Jack Ikegwuonu, and Ellis Hobbs who is already complaining about not making enough money. I do not trust Hobbs at all for one because he was a Patriot, and two because he's complaining this early. If the worst case scenario played out and Sheldon and Hobbs are gone then I could see us going CB since I like Joselio at nickelback much more than as a starter.
            Depending on how well Akeem Jordan does this season, I think WILL could be a position of need, but we typically don't address LB early. I agree about RT, but with Herremans and Shawn all capable of playing there, I doubt we go RT early. I agree on safety, it depends on what the team does with Sean Jones and how they feel about Demps. Personally, I think the team will be more than fine with either combination. I doubt CB is addressed early unless Hobbs isn't re-signed and Sheldon is traded. Asante is still here and we've got Hanson (who I agree is best suited as a Nickel) and Ike, who the coaches seem to love. I'm not sure they love him enough to not take a CB early though, especially since CB is one of the priority positions.

If Kolb gets any time and doesn't perform well, I wouldn't rule out the team doing away with that experiment.

Comment

What picks have we got next year? I lost track of what we traded for in the draft.

Comment

We got Seattle's 3rd and 5th I believe. Can't remember if we got anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                  As long as it isn't Tim Tebow:D...
                  We need Tebow!!!!!! He's awesome.

Eric Berry kthxbai.

Comment

Tim Tebow in midnight green, please god, please.
                    Temple University Owls

Comment

Give me a RB! I love LeSean and Westy but Westy is giving out and McCoy seems to me like a guy who would explode if he was in a two back system system. Jonathan Dwyer, Evan Royster, LeGarrette Blount or Charles Scott please!
                      Last edited by Thumper; 04-27-2009, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Noel Devine FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                          McCoy seems to me like a guy who would explode if he was in a system.
                          I don't get it. McCoy is in the best system for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                            I don't get it. McCoy is in the best system for him.
                            lol meant to say two back system where there is a guy who can pound the defense and then he steps in and just burns them.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                              lol meant to say two back system where there is a guy who can pound the defense and then he steps in and just burns them.
                              I see. I agree with that. I think he's going to have a big year (for a backup) this year. An early prediction from me is 800 total yards and 9 TD.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information