2010 Eagles Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
    We got Seattle's 3rd and 5th I believe. Can't remember if we got anything else.
    We also got either New Orleans or Indy's 6th, cant remember who. And we have that comnditional for Lito from the Jets.

That conditional, it ranges from a 4th to a 2nd, right?
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      We need Tebow!!!!!! He's awesome.

Eric Berry kthxbai.
      I hope to god you are joking about Tebow, we already have a FB;)...

Eric Berry will go too high for our pick, barring some crazy accident...

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
        Give me a RB! I love LeSean and Westy but Westy is giving out and McCoy seems to me like a guy who would explode if he was in a two back system system. Jonathan Dwyer, Evan Royster, LeGarrette Blount or Charles Scott please!
        I love Evan Royster! as a PSU fan I've seen every game and this kid is going to be a great RB in the NFL. He won't time exceptionally fast, he may not even test out as a freak, but this kid is a flat out player, and will be a great RB. He would compliment McCoy well, but I doubt we go RB early, which is where Royster will go, assuming he declares. We won't address Rb early two years in a row, unless there is some crazy situation.

Comment

I don't get it. McCoy is in the best system for him.
          This is his best system, but I think he means that McCoy will benefit from having his touches split. I wouldn't mind another RB early, unless McCoy shows us something crazy and we wouldn't need it, but I certainly wouldn't put RB high on the priority list. Another RB would be more for when Westy leaves and the two (future RB and McCoy) could split touches, thus getting the max out of both of them.

Comment

I see. I agree with that. I think he's going to have a big year (for a backup) this year. An early prediction from me is 800 total yards and 9 TD.
            I'd agree with that. At first I say the 800 and thought no way he rushes for that much, but 800 rushing+receiving yards is easily within the realm of possibilities. I think it could even be more if Westy would miss a game or two. 9 TDs might be a little much though. He is money in goal line situations though, so maybe 9 is possible.

I predict he will have one totally monster game this season, bordering 100 rushing yards and 75 receiving yards, and will total 3 TDs.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
              I hope to god you are joking about Tebow, we already have a FB;)...
              I'm not. I think that Scott Loeffler will help Tebow a lot with his release, and he has enough raw talent to go in the first. Yeah yeah, his release is slow, he throwing motion sucks, blah blah blah. He also happens to have two NCs, a Heisman etc... He has 67 career TD passes with just 11 INT. I think that a year with Loeffler will do wonders for him. The guy wins, is a true leader and his character probably outweighs his talent, which is saying a lot.

Eric Berry will go too high for our pick, barring some crazy accident...
              Eric Berry is the type of player you trade up for.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                I'd agree with that. At first I say the 800 and thought no way he rushes for that much, but 800 rushing+receiving yards is easily within the realm of possibilities. I think it could even be more if Westy would miss a game or two. 9 TDs might be a little much though. He is money in goal line situations though, so maybe 9 is possible.

I predict he will have one totally monster game this season, bordering 100 rushing yards and 75 receiving yards, and will total 3 TDs.
                Well, he had 36 total touchdowns in two years, so I think 9 is definitely possible. He'll also have a hell of a lot more to work with than he did at Pitt.

Comment

I'm not. I think that Scott Loeffler will help Tebow a lot with his release, and he has enough raw talent to go in the first. Yeah yeah, his release is slow, he throwing motion sucks, blah blah blah. He also happens to have two NCs, a Heisman etc... He has 67 career TD passes with just 11 INT. I think that a year with Loeffler will do wonders for him. The guy wins, is a true leader and his character probably outweighs his talent, which is saying a lot.

Eric Berry is the type of player you trade up for.
                  Maybe if Tebow starts showing more of those things this season I'll change my tune, but as of now, he is a no want in my book. Its not a knock on him as a player or person at all. As has been said billions of times, his intangibles are the best of anyone in the history of college football, and he is a natural born leader. I love those attributes. But as of now, there are at least 4 or 5 QBs I'd take over him.

I don't think any team has traded from 32 up to 1 before...;). Maybe the Eagles are the first. I love Eric Berry, and if Sean Jones doesn't pan out, I'd love him as a pick, I just think its very unlikely we are in a postion to draft him.

Comment

Well, he had 36 total touchdowns in two years, so I think 9 is definitely possible. He'll also have a hell of a lot more to work with than he did at Pitt.
                    Its not a knock on his talent at all. Its more of a compliment to the talent around him. There are so many playmakers on this offense that his opportunities to score will be limitted.

Comment

It's hard to tell at this point but right now I'd say it looks like linebacker might be a need, possibly interior offensive lineman or safety. Sean Weatherspoon, Rico McCoy, and Eric Barry all come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Greenthumb View Post
                        It's hard to tell at this point but right now I'd say it looks like linebacker might be a need, possibly interior offensive lineman or safety. Sean Weatherspoon, Rico McCoy, and Eric Barry all come to mind.
                        I'd agree to an extent on LB, but it'd have to be a WLB, which Weatherspoon would be a great fit there, not sure he'd be a great fit in our system as a WLB though, but I think he can be an OK fit. I could see interior OL, but it isn't a huge need, we have Shawn, Todd, MJG, Cole, Jackson, and McGlynn there, though if either Shawn or Herremans were moved to RT, I could see it as a possibility.

Comment

Woah, why isn't this stickied?

Anyways, with the acquisition of Will Witherspoon I don't think that WLB is a premier need anymore, the Eagles no longer need someone who can come in right away. Instead they can have someone who is talented but raw come in from the middle rounds and groom them behind Witherspoon/Jordan for two years. Also with Stewart Bradley coming back MLB won't be a need and Chris Gocong is IMO gone in free agency so SLB might be the spot that needs the most help but the Eagles are really high on Moises Fokou the rookie out of Maryland.

IMO the premier need is DL, the reason the linebackers look questionable so much is because there are so many blitzes and there are blitzes because the front 4 cannot get consistent pressure on the QB, Trent Cole can but no one else can. The Eagles really need a LE who can rush the passer and I've got my eyes set on Derrick Morgan out of Georgia Tech who plays just like Justin Tuck.

Also on my radar on offense is Trent Williams who is falling because he struggles with speed, but he is a perfect fit on the right side of the line which is where the Eagles need a lot of help and he has the speed to stick with Tuck and the power to withstand his bull rush, he is the top RT in the draft and luckily for the Eagles right tackles never go very high unless your name is Jeff Otah or Gosder, both of whom IMO are much more powerful than Williams.

I would also really like to get a power back and I really like Toby Gerhart out of Stanford as the power back the Eagles should grab. And with Jason Avant possibly heading into free agency the Eagles might need a new slot receiver and I like Blair White and Eric Decker for that spot, and both of them have potential to play outside as well but I like them inside where they can use their size and strength to outmuscle smaller nickel corners.

Comment

The Eagles have a 1, a 2, two 3's (Seattles), two 4's, and a 6 in the draft. Without trades that spells 1-DE, 2-RB, 3-CB, 3-OLB, 4-ILB, 4-S and 6 DL. Wow - only one player on offense.

It changes a little if you look into the crystle ball and see Vick being traded. Based on his performance so far, maybe he gets us a 5 and a 6. Figure a WR and a QB if that happens.

Then we have free agancy to consider. If it's an uncapped year we get to keep Weaver, Avant, Gocong, Jean-Gilles, Gaither and Cole. If there's a labor agreemetn they're all free agants. Since I already think we'll draft 2 LB's Gaither can walk. I;d like to see gocong resigned. Jordan is a RFA.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob331 View Post
                              The Eagles have a 1, a 2, two 3's (Seattles), two 4's, and a 6 in the draft. Without trades that spells 1-DE, 2-RB, 3-CB, 3-OLB, 4-ILB, 4-S and 6 DL. Wow - only one player on offense.

It changes a little if you look into the crystle ball and see Vick being traded. Based on his performance so far, maybe he gets us a 5 and a 6. Figure a WR and a QB if that happens.

Then we have free agancy to consider. If it's an uncapped year we get to keep Weaver, Avant, Gocong, Jean-Gilles, Gaither and Cole. If there's a labor agreemetn they're all free agants. Since I already think we'll draft 2 LB's Gaither can walk. I;d like to see gocong resigned. Jordan is a RFA.

Very good analogy. I think round one is definitely DE/CB and round 2 will be the other, while RB will be addressed with one of the third rounders. Offense will be ignored for the most part, since they are young and have pretty good depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob331 View Post

The Eagles can't really trade Vick, since technically, his contract was a one year deal with a team option for a second year. If the team decides to go with the second year (which I doubt), they won't be trading him, they'd keep him.

As long as Bradley is healthy, ILB is not a need AT ALL, and OLB is only a need if Gocong isn't re-signed (very possible). Even if Gocong isn't back, we have some potential options at SAM, or could slide Bradley over if the team would feel comfortable with it, and put Witherspoon at MIKE.

OL is also a need, where the team could lose MJG, and even if they don't I expect OL to be addressed fairly early this year. With Shady being a high pick, I doubt we use a high value pick on RB, especially with needs at positions (OL, DL, Secondary) the team has a history of valuing more than RB. Maybe as early as the third round, where the Eagles have a history of picking their RBs, but I don't see it any earlier than that...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information