2010 Eagles Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ljk2171 View Post
    Very good analogy. I think round one is definitely DE/CB and round 2 will be the other, while RB will be addressed with one of the third rounders. Offense will be ignored for the most part, since they are young and have pretty good depth.
    Am I dumb? I didn't see any analogies anywhere in that post, lol.

I think positions on offense that could be addressed are OL (specifically interior OL) RB, WR, and QB. It is impossible to say that we will do anything with regard to the draft plans at this point because the draft is so far away, and it isn't even close to being a finished process yet. Count on this, you know AR always drafts one O-linemen every year to at least challenge depth. Expect that, or maybe earlier since we could use potential upgrades there, and with question marks about the Andrews brothers. If things go as I expect, Vick will not be brought back next year and that leaves just 2 QBs on the roster. When was the last time the Eagles had just two QBs on the roster for an entire season? Certainly not ever under Reid. I have a feeling that WR will be addressed somewhere around the 4th to 5th round range, especially if we lose Avant to FA. If the Eagles are able to keep him, it wouldn't surpise me if they released Curtis, though I'm not sure on that because I don't know what the penalty would be for doing so. RB has two possibilities. With Westy's tenure as an Eagle most likely over after next season, I think they will get an RB in this draft. However, if the value isn't there, they may hold off until next year. They can do that because I see Buckley as a good 3rd RB option.

I definitely expect DE and CB to be addressed early, but after that, it is impossible to know right now how things will play out. OL could be addressed early, as could LB or S or even RB if the right situation would come up come draft time.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

I'm looking at Jason Pierre Paul attentively now. I think there is a solid chance he might end up an Eagle. How do you guys feel about it?

Comment

No thank you. He's being over hyped right now.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
          Am I dumb? I didn't see any analogies anywhere in that post, lol.

I think positions on offense that could be addressed are OL (specifically interior OL) RB, WR, and QB. It is impossible to say that we will do anything with regard to the draft plans at this point because the draft is so far away, and it isn't even close to being a finished process yet. Count on this, you know AR always drafts one O-linemen every year to at least challenge depth. Expect that, or maybe earlier since we could use potential upgrades there, and with question marks about the Andrews brothers. If things go as I expect, Vick will not be brought back next year and that leaves just 2 QBs on the roster. When was the last time the Eagles had just two QBs on the roster for an entire season? Certainly not ever under Reid. I have a feeling that WR will be addressed somewhere around the 4th to 5th round range, especially if we lose Avant to FA. If the Eagles are able to keep him, it wouldn't surpise me if they released Curtis, though I'm not sure on that because I don't know what the penalty would be for doing so. RB has two possibilities. With Westy's tenure as an Eagle most likely over after next season, I think they will get an RB in this draft. However, if the value isn't there, they may hold off until next year. They can do that because I see Buckley as a good 3rd RB option.

I definitely expect DE and CB to be addressed early, but after that, it is impossible to know right now how things will play out. OL could be addressed early, as could LB or S or even RB if the right situation would come up come draft time.

Wow....too much shoveling, analysis is what I was going for.

Comment

De, Lb, Cb, S. The draft cant come soon enough, But I got to consider what the team does in FA. They will probably take one of those in FA. Leaving the draft for the rest.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information