Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Roster predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Final Roster predictions

    Post your Final 53-man roster predictions for the '09 season

    QB - McNabb, Kolb, Feeley
    RB - Westbrook, McCoy, Mendenhall
    FB - Weaver, Eckel
    WR - D. Jackson, Curtis, Maclin, Avant, Baskett
    TE - Celek, Ingram, Schobel
    OT - Sh. Andrews, Peters, Dunlap
    OG - Herremans, St. Andrews, McGlynn, Jean-Gilles
    C - N. Cole, J. Jackson

    DE - Cole, Abiamiri, Parker, Howard, Clemons, B. Smith
    DT - Patterson, Bunkley, Laws, Kleco
    OLB - Gocong, Jordan, Gaither, Daniels
    MLB - Bradley, Mays
    CB - Samuel, Brown, Hobbs, Hanson, Ikegwuonu
    S - Mikell, Demps, Jones, Harris

    K - Akers
    P - Rocca
    LS - Dorenbos
    Last edited by jblaze66; 05-04-2009, 08:27 AM.

    Sig by Kramer

  • #2
    QB - McNabb, Kolb, Feeley, DiMichele

    :)

    No way we keep Eckel.
    Temple University Owls

    Comment


    • #3
      Hmmm...
      QB: McNabb, Kolb, Feeley
      RB: Westy, McCoy, Eckel (if not, Mendenhall)
      FB: Weaver
      TE: Celek, Ingram, Bright (if not, Schoebel)
      WR: Jackson, Curtis, Maclin, Avant, Baskett
      LT: Peters, Dunlap
      LG: Herremans, McGlynn
      C: Cole, Jackson
      RG: St. Andrews, MJG
      RT: Sh. Andrews, Tupou
      Total: 25

      RE: Cole, Howard, Smith
      UT: Patterson, Laws, Klecko
      NT: Bunk
      LE: Abiamiri, Parker, Clemons
      WLB: Jordan, Gaither
      MLB: Bradley, Mays
      SLB: Gocong, Daniels
      CB: Samuel, Brown, Hanson, Hobbs, Ike
      FS: Demps, Harris
      SS: Mikell, Jones
      Total: 25 (surprised it worked out perfectly, lol)

      K: Akers
      P: Rocca
      LS: Dorenbos
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

      Rest in Peace, themaninblack

      Comment


      • #4
        blaze, you only got 52 guys on there, and MJG is off that list, so i say you put him on there;)...
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

        Rest in Peace, themaninblack

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
          QB - McNabb, Kolb, Feeley, DiMichele

          :)

          No way we keep Eckel.
          I think its very likely we keep him as our third RB his competition is Booker and Mendenhall, I think he is favored for it. He is a veteran big back, which we don't have (outside of Weaver), and that is valuble for us.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

          Rest in Peace, themaninblack

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
            blaze, you only got 52 guys on there, and MJG is off that list, so i say you put him on there;)...
            Ahh yes i knew i would forget something thats what i get for trying to do that late last night, Although I counted again and I count 53, either way i need to change something to get MJG in there

            Sig by Kramer

            Comment


            • #7
              It is 53, my bad, but IMO, I'd either get rid of the 2nd FB or Rashad Baker, just my opinion though. Weaver can do everything we need our FB to do, and Harris looks good so far, so Baker isn't necessary.
              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

              Rest in Peace, themaninblack

              Comment


              • #8
                The more I think about it the more I have a little bit of hope for Lorenzo Booker. If he can develop some patience he will be golden. He is super fast and he has the skillset to succeed in the Eagles system (if he can pass block). I still have faith!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                  The more I think about it the more I have a little bit of hope for Lorenzo Booker. If he can develop some patience he will be golden. He is super fast and he has the skillset to succeed in the Eagles system (if he can pass block). I still have faith!
                  People raved about him in the preseason last year, maybe he can do it again this year, but transfer those skills to the field.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                    People raved about him in the preseason last year, maybe he can do it again this year, but transfer those skills to the field.
                    His skills are unquestionable, he is very naturally talented and every year he puts on a show in training camp. Like you said it is just a matter of him being able to bring that ability to the playing field.

                    ----------------------------

                    Also as I look at the roster I am getting pumped. The offense has added a ton of speed and they can stretch defense a lot of different ways with speedy playmakers like Shady, Westy, Maclin, Jackson, Curtis, Celek and Ingram. But some stuff that really flew under the radar and is being forgotten is the size the Eagles have as well. Have you seen the Leonard Weaver pictures? He looks like he is going to maul some people and then you factor in the new guys along the line in Peters, Andrews, Tupou and Fanaika, it is crazy. The line is the best in football and it is the biggest as well, they look ready to smash the defense in the mouth.

                    Then you move to defense where not much has changed. Abiamiri will finally get a full training camp and make his move for the LE spot and Victor is STOUT. Hopefully Bunkley can learn how to get to the QB; he is great at stuffing the run but when it comes to rushing the passer Bunkley has 5 sacks in three years. Plus the secondary depth is insane, the Eagles have never had this type of depth. At CB there are 4 starting caliber guys and 3 young guys who could make another roster elsewhere (Ike has supposedly looked really good). Then at safety there are two young playmaking free safties in Demps and Macho along with a veteran in Rashad Baker. Then at SS there is Mikell and Jones. This season looks like a good one and to me the Eagles are the superbowl front-runners.

                    Just somthing I noticed while looking over the defense; Mike Patterson and Trevor Laws look MUCH bigger than 304 pounds and 292 pounds respectively.





                    Mike Patterson looks HUGE and Laws looks like he is about 310-315

                    Comment


                    • #11




                      :D
                      Temple University Owls

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                        His skills are unquestionable, he is very naturally talented and every year he puts on a show in training camp. Like you said it is just a matter of him being able to bring that ability to the playing field.

                        ----------------------------

                        Also as I look at the roster I am getting pumped. The offense has added a ton of speed and they can stretch defense a lot of different ways with speedy playmakers like Shady, Westy, Maclin, Jackson, Curtis, Celek and Ingram. But some stuff that really flew under the radar and is being forgotten is the size the Eagles have as well. Have you seen the Leonard Weaver pictures? He looks like he is going to maul some people and then you factor in the new guys along the line in Peters, Andrews, Tupou and Fanaika, it is crazy. The line is the best in football and it is the biggest as well, they look ready to smash the defense in the mouth.

                        Then you move to defense where not much has changed. Abiamiri will finally get a full training camp and make his move for the LE spot and Victor is STOUT. Hopefully Bunkley can learn how to get to the QB; he is great at stuffing the run but when it comes to rushing the passer Bunkley has 5 sacks in three years. Plus the secondary depth is insane, the Eagles have never had this type of depth. At CB there are 4 starting caliber guys and 3 young guys who could make another roster elsewhere (Ike has supposedly looked really good). Then at safety there are two young playmaking free safties in Demps and Macho along with a veteran in Rashad Baker. Then at SS there is Mikell and Jones. This season looks like a good one and to me the Eagles are the superbowl front-runners.

                        Just somthing I noticed while looking over the defense; Mike Patterson and Trevor Laws look MUCH bigger than 304 pounds and 292 pounds respectively.





                        Mike Patterson looks HUGE and Laws looks like he is about 310-315
                        They were for sure above their reported weights during the season. Over the offseason I remember seeing a video on philadelphiaeagles.com where Trevor Laws was talking about how he has been losing weight this offseason so he can be more mobile on the field. Patterson will most likely be as massive as ever. As long as our DT's stuff the run I'm happy. We get a lot of sacks as it is.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                          The more I think about it the more I have a little bit of hope for Lorenzo Booker. If he can develop some patience he will be golden. He is super fast and he has the skillset to succeed in the Eagles system (if he can pass block). I still have faith!
                          I think the 3rd RB spot is a closr race betwee LoBo, Eckel, and Mendenahall, I have Eckel winning it because he showed a lot of promise last year in his opportunities and is a big RB, which we don't have outside of Weaver. I think with our OL, Weaver as the lead blocker, and Eckel running it, we would have no excuses not to be able to make short yardage and goal line situations. I like what LoBo brings to the table as a receiver, but we have a player like that in McCoy, only better. I think it'll be tough, but he is #2 in that competition for #3 RB, IMO.
                          Last edited by eaglesalltheway; 05-05-2009, 12:50 PM.
                          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                          Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                            His skills are unquestionable, he is very naturally talented and every year he puts on a show in training camp. Like you said it is just a matter of him being able to bring that ability to the playing field.

                            ----------------------------

                            Also as I look at the roster I am getting pumped. The offense has added a ton of speed and they can stretch defense a lot of different ways with speedy playmakers like Shady, Westy, Maclin, Jackson, Curtis, Celek and Ingram. But some stuff that really flew under the radar and is being forgotten is the size the Eagles have as well. Have you seen the Leonard Weaver pictures? He looks like he is going to maul some people and then you factor in the new guys along the line in Peters, Andrews, Tupou and Fanaika, it is crazy. The line is the best in football and it is the biggest as well, they look ready to smash the defense in the mouth.

                            Then you move to defense where not much has changed. Abiamiri will finally get a full training camp and make his move for the LE spot and Victor is STOUT. Hopefully Bunkley can learn how to get to the QB; he is great at stuffing the run but when it comes to rushing the passer Bunkley has 5 sacks in three years. Plus the secondary depth is insane, the Eagles have never had this type of depth. At CB there are 4 starting caliber guys and 3 young guys who could make another roster elsewhere (Ike has supposedly looked really good). Then at safety there are two young playmaking free safties in Demps and Macho along with a veteran in Rashad Baker. Then at SS there is Mikell and Jones. This season looks like a good one and to me the Eagles are the superbowl front-runners.

                            Just somthing I noticed while looking over the defense; Mike Patterson and Trevor Laws look MUCH bigger than 304 pounds and 292 pounds respectively.





                            Mike Patterson looks HUGE and Laws looks like he is about 310-315
                            I've been pumped about the roster since The Cornelius Ingram and Macho Harris picks. (including Maclin and McCoy of course) So I am in complete agreement with you there. The offense has immense speed at the skill positions, with the exceptions of Celek and Avant, but they are strong and can make playes using their power. The offense is set to be dangerous, especially with Ingram impressing as much as he has. Speed everywhere, and that will really make the offense even more dynamic than it was.

                            The size is astounding. If Cole wins the starting C spot, that makes our OL even bigger, and our smallest OL will be Todd Herremans, and he would be a measly (lol) 327, IIRC. Cole is 350 lbs, and would make the OL average over 337 lbs, IIRC. You all know my love for Weaver by now, he truly is everything we need out of a FB in this offense. If it wasn't for the Peters trade, I would be saying this is the best acquisition of the off-season, including the draft. He is young yet, and is just a nasty player. He will allow our offense to be more efficient, as he is a threat in every aspect of the game. I've seen a lot of Leonard Weaver, and guys, you all are going to love him.

                            The D actually got better from the talent perspective. We may need a few guys to step in and take leadership roles, expect Mikell and Bradley to do so, but this is basically the same squad from a year ago, only with more experience. And last years defense was top 5! Demps brings more range back to the FS position that we lost with Dawk aging, and Abiamiri will make a huge impact for this defense. Thumper, as well as all of you, know how I feel on Abiamiri, he will be the Bunk of our DEs in terms of run stuffing. He will make a bigger impact in the pass rush as well. Don't worry about Bunk, he was brought in to free up space for the rest of the front 7, he wasn't known as a pass rush specialist, and he has done jsut that. I expect him to improve slightly as a pass rusher, but this is basically what you are going to get out of him. Check on Bunk's TFL's I'm sure you will be surprised by that.

                            But throughout this team there is depth galore. We have 6 legitimate receiving threats, as well as 3 legitimate threats in the backfield, 2 TEs who can be relied on, 8 or 9 OL that are starting quality, 5 starting quality DEs (as well as a young one with LOADS of potential) 2 starting calibur WLBs and MLBs, 4 or 5 starting calibur CBs, 3 starting calibur Safeties, and good backups. There is talent everywhere on this team and all along the depth chart.
                            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                            Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              QB: McNabb, Kolb, Feeley
                              RB: Westbrook, McCoy, Booker
                              FB: Weaver
                              TE: Celek, Ingram, Schobel
                              WR: Jackson, Curtis, Maclin, Avant, Baskett
                              LT: Peters, Dunlap
                              LG: Herremans, McGlynn
                              C: Cole, Jackson
                              RG: St. Andrews, MJG
                              RT: Sh. Andrews, Tupou

                              Total: 25

                              RE: Cole, Howard, Smith
                              UT: Patterson, Laws, Klecko
                              NT: Bunk
                              LE: Abiamiri, Parker, Clemons
                              WLB: Jordan, Gaither
                              MLB: Bradley, Mays
                              SLB: Gocong, Daniels
                              CB: Samuel, Brown, Hanson, Hobbs, Ikegwuonu
                              FS: Demps, Harris
                              SS: Mikell, Jones
                              Total: 25

                              K: Akers
                              P: Rocca
                              LS: Dorenbos

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information