Stallworth news on the draft pick in the trade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
    Thats roughly 5.3 mil per year. Maybe we could afford it, but do you think the FO would pay that much for Stallworth. I don't think so, especially because they are in love with their young WRs. We had 12.4 mil at the beginning of FA. Both the Mikell, and Thomas signings were for 2.5 mil per year I think, could be wrong though. That leaves 7.4 mil in cap space. Our FO likes to keep 4 mil of "cushion" space. Yeah I could see us doing that, but it goes against what our FO does, plus it leaves very little room for draft signings.
    There are no "averages." As an Eagles fan you should definitely know that a lot of the contracts are backloaded and the bonus is spread out early in the contract so you can cut the player towards the end of his contract when there is no hit but 1/2 of his original contract money left.

The Eagles have about $10.5M right now.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

I know there aren't averages, but that is basically all I could go by. So what your saying is we could sign Donte to a similar contract the Pats are offering, but Donte would get around 2-2.5 mil this year. The problem is, I still don't think the Eagles would pay that much for him. That value is too high, but they may be willing to do something like that. Where did you see we have 10.5 mil in cap room? Could you post a link or tell us where you found the info. That would be great if we do. We would be able to get either WR (Stallworth or Curtis) or Ken Hamlin. A run stuffing DT or power RB for cheap would probably go along with either the WR or S signing. If 10.5 is the case, I am all for us looking to get back Stallworth
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Juqua is only making $1.4M this year.

Mikell is only making 845K. His deal was 4 years for $3.93M.

Consider that Bethel Johnson's contract is about $1M at most.

Take off $3M from that $14.8M number or whatever it was.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by Dillen View Post
          Juqua is only making $1.4M this year.

Mikell is only making 845K. His deal was 4 years for $3.93M.

Consider that Bethel Johnson's contract is about $1M at most.

Take off $3M from that $14.8M number or whatever it was.
          Thats great, but could you please post a link so any other person could clarify it?

Comment

www.geocities.com/eaglescap

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Thanks, I am glad to have seen that, but the site says our cap room is 9.85 mil.

Comment

It could be. I forgot to realize that 3/3 was the start of FA, Mikell's deal gone done after that and so was Johnson. Either way, $10M is enough money to play around with.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Yeah I agree. We could still make a major move in FA and a minor one or two.

Comment

Take out Bartrum since he's retiring that puts the figures up about where Dillen was saying.

As for the receivers we will keep: Brown, Baskett, Avant, Bloom- for special teams ability, Lewis, and Kevin Curtis if he signs. I don't see Bethel Johnson making the team.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                      Take out Bartrum since he's retiring that puts the figures up about where Dillen was saying.

As for the receivers we will keep: Brown, Baskett, Avant, Bloom- for special teams ability, Lewis, and Kevin Curtis if he signs. I don't see Bethel Johnson making the team.
                      That makes more sense now.

I could see the receivers working out like that next year.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post

Bethel will be returning kicks along with Bloom (if he's healthy), but I wouldn't even expect to see bloom in an eagles jersey... ever. Lewis sucks ass, but Andy likes him. So assuming they sign Curtis, which I doubt, I see it as:
                        Brown, Baskett, Curtis, Lewis, Avant and Bethel Johnson as kick return. Either way you cut it, we're back to not having a #1 go to WR. I like Brown alot as a #2, but he isn't a go to #1.

Comment

Reggie Brown is better than we had for many years under Reid, and I like him a lot as a player. He may not be a traditional stud #1 top 10 WR like an Andre Johnson, but he gets the job done, and he's only 24 or 25 years old. He has been quite productive in his 2 years in the league, and the third year is usually the breakout season for WR's. I look for Brown to do very well this next season. He can catch 80 balls in this offense.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                            Reggie Brown is better than we had for many years under Reid, and I like him a lot as a player. He may not be a traditional stud #1 top 10 WR like an Andre Johnson, but he gets the job done, and he's only 24 or 25 years old. He has been quite productive in his 2 years in the league, and the third year is usually the breakout season for WR's. I look for Brown to do very well this next season. He can catch 80 balls in this offense.
                            I agree with you 100% and would have posted something very similar if you wouldn't have done it before me.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              I hope so and think he is capable of being great, not elite, but great.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                                I hope so and think he is capable of being great, not elite, but great.
                                Well said, I agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information