Desean Jackson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
    I know you weren't talking to me but w/e. He didn't get open, he was smothered all day by Chris Gamble, they shaded safety help over and DeSean didn't do much at WR. Everywhere else? That is a different story, he had 148 all purpose yards.

EDIT: And if anything Jackon's stats will go up, Kolb force feeds him the ball.
    Thanks Thumper, I appreciate the feedback. From a team perspective, that's great when he's drawing defenders to his direction. I wouldn't expect McNabb to force feed him. Was anyone emerging as the second WR threat and beating defenders? That's what happened at Cal when Desean faced multiple defenders: Lavelle Hawkins and Robert Jordan saw lots of single coverage and Desean's production went down as a result. I'm not terribly worried about Desean's production, it'll be there over the course of the season, but I think he understands it's about winning games. He has a lot of experience in not getting force fed. Haven't seen Kolb, but it's natural for any untested QB to go to rely on his top playmaker and I have no doubt that Desean's in his ear to throw him the ball. :) He probably has his next three td's celebrations figured out.

That punt return was smooth and sweet though. One step to the right to draw the defenders, and it was almost all over. Regardless of whether he gets into the endzone, he chages the game by giving the Eagles good field position on special teams.

Comment

Not the best performance from him as a pure WR, but obvioulsy he was a key factor in the win yesterday. He will always get it done somehow, even if it isn't in the ways you would traditionally think...
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
        Not the best performance from him as a pure WR, but obvioulsy he was a key factor in the win yesterday. He will always get it done somehow, even if it isn't in the ways you would traditionally think...
        Did he disappoint at the WR position? Curious what he could/should have done better.

Comment

Originally posted by mellojello View Post
          Did he disappoint at the WR position? Curious what he could/should have done better.
          He had 2 catches for 9 yards... He was double covered a lot, but for the most part, he was shut down.

Comment

1:52...Pwned.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post

1:52...Pwned.
              What does this mean?

Comment

Anyone smell pro bowl?

Comment

Anyone smell pro bowl?
                  Despite my almost total lack of smell, I am beginning to get a whiff of it.

He needs to keep it up though.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                    Despite my almost total lack of smell, I am beginning to get a whiff of it.

He needs to keep it up though.
                    Don't tell it to Thumper. He'll beat the homer out of you.

As much as it cracks me up, he needs to do some less dangerous touchdown celebrations. That summersault flip into a baseball slide is as spectacular as I care to see. I need him healthy when McNabb returns.

Comment

Don't tell it to Thumper. He'll beat the homer out of you.

As much as it cracks me up, he needs to do some less dangerous touchdown celebrations. That summersault flip into a baseball slide is as spectacular as I care to see. I need him healthy when McNabb returns.
                      haha, me too, especially when he has a sore groin... supposedly.

Comment

Hey now, I am a huge DeSean fan, I was just being a realist.

But, now this season he looks much improved. So far he has 12 receptions, 259 yards, 21.6 YPC, 2 Touchdowns, 418 all purpose yards, 307 yards from scrimmage and 1 85 yard TD punt return.

DeSean Jackson is on his way to being a superstar, count on it. If he continues his rampant pace, he will have a 1300 yard season and 10 touchdowns. He is on such a roll it isn't funny. He is the best player on the Eagles offense, and is the Eagles best weapon.

Comment

But, now this season he looks much improved. So far he has 12 receptions, 259 yards, 21.6 YPC, 2 Touchdowns, 418 all purpose yards, 307 yards from scrimmage and 1 85 yard TD punt return.

DeSean Jackson is on his way to being a superstar, count on it. If he continues his rampant pace, he will have a 1300 yard season and 10 touchdowns. He is on such a roll it isn't funny. He is the best player on the Eagles offense, and is the Eagles best weapon.
                          I told you to watch him this season based off of what I saw at TC, and so far, he is doing just that. He isn't getting caught up at the line like last year, which is key. I honestly am not surprised with how he has performed thus far... Espect more of it.

Comment

I don't know why so many people slept on the guy. He was pure beastly at Cal and was one of my favorite prospects in the draft. I actually was wanting to land him in the second round but I'll gladly take Tracy Porter instead.
                            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Haha...I was just messing around. Like I said, he's a baller though. McNabb/Kolb just needed some time to get comfortable with him. A pro qb like McNabb isn't going to start airing it out to a rookie, who's still learning the routes, plus it takes reps to get that timing down. Those things are coming into place now. Like I said, with a guy like that in an offense like the Eagles have, I don't put limitations on what he can do. Don't know about this year, but I will say I've never been impressed with his blocking though.

Ironically, you put him on the Skins, Cleveland, the Rams or a team like that and we're not even talking about how talented he is because he gets shut down, the QB can't get the ball to him, or he does get the ball to him, but he gets blown up by a defender b/c they're forcing to him. Going to the Eagles was just as perfect as a match as I could have imagined, although I've always thought his production would be even more absurd in the Patriots offense.
                              Last edited by mellojello; 09-28-2009, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                                You have no IDEA how good it's going to feel to be able to say "I told you so"
                                +1 for this post and Soybean's first post.

To the haters, just understand it's over for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information