Desean Jackson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
    I expect him to get franchised (and traded if we're lucky enough to get good value) next season.

Interesting. I though McCoy was up this year and would be franchised but that's not the case. So much for Desean to NE.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
      Interesting. I though McCoy was up this year and would be franchised but that's not the case. So much for Desean to NE.
      You just never know...the way he is portrayed, you'd think that the Eagles just might let him walk. Like I said, I'm very curious how it all unfolds.

Comment

• Originally posted by mellojello View Post
        You just never know...the way he is portrayed, you'd think that the Eagles just might let him walk. Like I said, I'm very curious how it all unfolds.
        I expect him to end up an eagle for a couple more years to be honest.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
          I expect him to end up an eagle for a couple more years to be honest.
          Can they franchise him for the next two years?

Comment

I'd say they franchise him and then either let him walk the following year or maybe trade him after franchising him.

Comment

For some reason I just see him extending in the long run. Dont know why, dont ask me why, just one of those things I have a feeling about.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                For some reason I just see him extending in the long run. Dont know why, dont ask me why, just one of those things I have a feeling about.
                I think they'd be crazy to let him go. If Reid stays then there's a very good chance Desean stays, too. Both should be kept, but it's definitely going to be a top story after the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                  I think they'd be crazy to let him go. If Reid stays then there's a very good chance Desean stays, too. Both should be kept, but it's definitely going to be a top story after the season.
                  Many in Philly think that Maclin is their #1 WR of the future, not Desean and they aren't going to be able to pay both, plus Shady.

I will say this...I give a lot of props to Shady. I always thought he was a perfect fit when the birds drafted him, but he's exceeding my expectations on the field. What impressed me about him is that he's been on record saying that Desean is a big part of the offense and anyone not admitting such is simply not being honest. That's a tough stance to take when you know that DJax is in the middle of a contract dispute with the FO, he get's killed in the media, & it's looking like he won't be back for the long haul.

Comment

• Nice to hear on Shady. I love a guy that will man up about another player like that. It's definitely true - Desean forces defenses to play deep / off coverage. While I agree that Maclin is the true #1, I think Desean would be missed a hell of a lot more than most fans can appreciate.

I've said before - I'm hoping he has hurt his value enough that NE can make a run at him. The though of safeties lining up 20 yards of the LOS makes me drool. Gronk & Welker would be even more dangerous, if that's possible.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information