Desean Jackson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desean Jackson

My favorite player in the league so I decided to do a little research on how he's been doing.

per Philly.com
    The best player in Eagles camp, through a week and change of full-squad workouts, has been No. 10.

per Lesean McCoy

He's by far the best wide receiver I've ever played with or against. I think it's his heart, man. He wants to be great, he wants to be the best. You can see it in the way he runs his routes, the way he comes out every day ready to work. He's one of the hardest-working guys on the team
    per RotoWorld
    Eagles coach Andy Reid says DeSean Jackson is "ready to take the next step."
    Everyone else in the world has heaped praise on Jackson; Reid is just the latest. Few players have created as much buzz as Jackson in the preseason. While the Eagles are known for spreading the ball around, they didn't spread it when they had Terrell Owens and it's sounding like they may not this year with Jackson.
    per RotoWorld
    DeSean Jackson and Donovan McNabb have picked up right where they left off before Jackson's minor knee tweak.
    "Can't emphasize it enough. McNabb and Jackson have looked completely in sync all camp," was the Inquirer's tweet. McNabb hasn't had this kind of chemistry with one receiver since the first Terrell Owens year. The hype-machine is in overdrive for Jackson so you'll likely have to reach for him if you want his upside on draft day.
    per ESPN
    Second-year receiver DeSean Jackson has been dominant in camp. The Eagles have a talented secondary, but not even All-Pro Asante Samuel has come close to covering Jackson.
    per ESPN
    Right now, though, it's Jackson who's drawing the most attention in camp. He's so quick off the line that no one can get a jam on him.
    per ESPN
    Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson has been unstoppable at training camp.

You have no IDEA how good it's going to feel to be able to say "I told you so"

Comment

Also, Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson suffered a hyperextended left knee Saturday when he got tangled up with cornerback Asante Samuel at practice at training camp. Jackson was carted off the field... Just sayin'. He's not built to last. haha.

If he's just a deep threat, then I really like him. But I don't think he's a complete WR. He's barely 85 pounds in a soaked shirt. ha. I have yet to see him take a route across the middle. ...and he's not the ideal red zone target. Does he, can he block? I think he can still be a very very good WR as a deep threat, but still just a 1 trick pony.

Maybe he will prove me wrong. Should be exciting to watch him develop.

Comment

Yeah, he did injure his knee but he was back out the next day doing more of the same.

He is just a deep threat? No, he didn't go deep often last year. He doesn't run routes over the middle? I saw him run routes over the middle every game. 85 pounds? Maybe closer to 185 pounds now. Yes, he can block but he's not the best but he does give his all.

You will be eating crow, and I'll call it now, he is and will be better than Roy Williams this season.

Comment

I loved him coming into last year's draft and still think he'll prove all the doubters wrong. He runs all routes, tries to block (though at 185 is not likely to earhole many guys ala Hines Ward) and plays with a chip on his shoulder.

What's not to like?

I'm also quite happy with the prospect of keeping him for a 9th round pick in one of my $$$ leagues. Here's hoping those of us who expected good things are right. A WR2 in round 9 is a total steal. If he really does turn into DMac's true #1 WR that would be great for me.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
            Yeah, he did injure his knee but he was back out the next day doing more of the same.

He is just a deep threat? No, he didn't go deep often last year. He doesn't run routes over the middle? I saw him run routes over the middle every game. 85 pounds? Maybe closer to 185 pounds now. Yes, he can block but he's not the best but he does give his all.

You will be eating crow, and I'll call it now, he is and will be better than Roy Williams this season.
            Who cares about Roy Williams? Our offense w/out TO will see the ball distributed much better. Guys like Miles Austin, Sam Hurd, Martellus Bennett and even the RBs will catch a lot of passes from Romo. Roy can join the party, but he's far from a traditional #1 WR target.

I loved Desean leading up to the draft. I even like him now. But to call him a diamond when he's really a spade is just not acurate.

He's a burner, not a possession WR. It's nice to hype up guys, but I swear it sounds like he's the next Jerry Rice in here.

Comment

Was easily BY FAR one of my favorite prospects in last year's draft. I'll be the first one to say "I told ya so".
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Remember when everyone wanted Limas Sweed. Lol, look at it now, DeSean is the next Steve Smith and Limas had 6 catches...

Comment

I'd still take Devin Thomas ahead of Desean, but it won't show up on the stat sheet with Campbell at QB. I'd take Desean over Donnie Avery though. ...and I like him more than Royal too.

Comment

Lets put it this way, the hype machine is in full swing, but DeSean has done more than enough to get it there. He is doing just about everything well. As far as him not going over the middle, D-Unit, (not trying to be offensive here, but it is what it is) you are talking out of your ass. Either that, or you simply haven't seen enough of him to comment on him. I can't tell you how many times he'd go over the middle and he'd get absolutely hammered, and I'd just hope he'd get back up. And every time he did, though sometimes slower than others. He was always right back in the action though.

As far as blocking goes, we know he'll never be a beast blocking WR, that's just the way it is. But it isn't due to a lack of effort, he is out there all the time downfield, doing whatever he can to get in the way or slow down defneders, and was crucial to a lot of big plays las tyear in extending them further, or just enough to get us a TD. An example of that is Brian Westbrook on the screen last year against the Vikings.

DeSean really does do it all, short, intermediate and deep routes on the outsides or through the middle of the defense, as well as running the ball. I expect big big things from him this season, and as long as he is healthy, I am almost certain I will not be let down...
                    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

He is the second coming of Steve Smith.

85/1200/8 this year. Book it.

And **** you guys for getting him.
                      Originally posted by 21ST
                      He was protecting his self
                      Originally posted by tjsunstein
                      From what? His leg?
                      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                      That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                      "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

how amazing was Desean's end around yesterday

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

Originally posted by camp_eagles View Post
                          how amazing was Desean's end around yesterday
                          He turned a 5 yard loss into a 9 yard gain, people say you can't do stuff in the NFL that you did in college but DeSean is so quick and fast that he still can. DeSean is great.

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                            He is the second coming of Steve Smith.

85/1200/8 this year. Book it.

And **** you guys for getting him.
                            Wait a minute, back the **** up... We got a Cowboys fan in here declaring this...

'nuff said.
                            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Dude's going to be a superstar. I remember being heckled and outcast on another site because I said they should take him instead of Sweed, Kelly or Thomas. Wow, talk about fail.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information