Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stallworth or Hamlin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Either way...WE DO NOT need to draft a WR...enough already...draft D

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by dcsicass31birds View Post
      Either way...WE DO NOT need to draft a WR...enough already...draft D
      Yes sir, I have been telling people this for the longest time. The only way I see us going OLB is if all the main targets are gone and Jon Beason or Poz are left. Personnally, I would take Poz. I know he is undersized, but he could be the WILL, and Gaither will be the MIKE of the future. The other thing about Poz is you know he can play no matter where you put him, so he may even be able to play SAM until Gocong is ready or until Gaither is moved to MLB, when Poz will play WILL. I still think Gaither is better suited for WILL, so MLB is a bigger priority over OLB.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

      Rest in Peace, themaninblack

      Comment


      • #18
        You forget about McCoy. If Gaither moves to MLB then McCoy is the starting WILL. We do not need a WILL, we need a strongside LB and a MLB.

        Comment


        • #19
          Do you really see McCoy as our starting WILL? I know he played great the first 4 or 5 games, but his stats are inflated, because teams were running right at him. If you remember the games, he did have his tackles, but he did miss some as well. Because of his durability concerns, I don't think he will make it as a starter for the Eagles anymore.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

          Rest in Peace, themaninblack

          Comment


          • #20
            I'd say Hamlin based on the fact that the eagles had so many problems on defense and I still have images of Joe Horn burning Michael Lewis on that TD. I think the majority of thier additions need to come on the defensive side of the ball. The D is where it's at and where we need the most help - I like stallworth but what's going to make this team better is a better D.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
              Do you really see McCoy as our starting WILL? I know he played great the first 4 or 5 games, but his stats are inflated, because teams were running right at him. If you remember the games, he did have his tackles, but he did miss some as well. Because of his durability concerns, I don't think he will make it as a starter for the Eagles anymore.
              There aren't durability concerns. He got injured once. You can not base anything off of that, especially when it was a shoulder injury that wasnt something like a rotator cuff.

              "Inflated stats" have nothing to do with it. McCoy was the Eagles best LB last year. And he started half the games. He had something like 6 or 7 TFL. 2 FF and 2 sacks. And once again, only started half the games.

              Thanks to jkpigskin

              Comment


              • #22
                Durability concerns are because he is so small, and he was injured. I like what he did when he played, but they were inflated a little bit. If they would have run the ball at Trotter or the bowtie more, he wouldn't have had as many tackles, or any of those stats you mentioned. He was tested because it was basically his rookie year. He did step it up, but injury problems are possible for him.
                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                Comment


                • #23
                  The majority of his TFL were on a toss play or when he shot a gap and caught him from behind. You dont "run towards a player" and get sacked.

                  The reason why so many people dont like him is that he got run over a bit when teams ran right at him. That was in the middle to end of the year when he wasnt healthy, and he couldnt really use his arm to full use because of his shoulder.


                  Whatever. McCoy was the best LB on the team last year. His production can't be questioned.

                  Thanks to jkpigskin

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    OK, he was productive when he played but my point is he will not be able to play for a whole year, anyway.
                    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                    Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I'll jump into this. I'd take Stallworth. Why? Learning WR in the system has never been easy, and Stallworth has spent a year in it with solid results. Hamlin's a nice safety, but he's not significantly better in coverage than Michael Lewis (hence why Seattle let him go). While shifting to more of a SS role in Philadelphia would make Hamlin a bit better and less exposed, if I had to pick between the two, it'd be Stallworth.

                      While I'm not a gungho McCoy fan, I will say that if the DL plays better at the POA, then the back 7 won't look as bad as it did at times last year.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                        I'll jump into this. I'd take Stallworth. Why? Learning WR in the system has never been easy, and Stallworth has spent a year in it with solid results. Hamlin's a nice safety, but he's not significantly better in coverage than Michael Lewis (hence why Seattle let him go). While shifting to more of a SS role in Philadelphia would make Hamlin a bit better and less exposed, if I had to pick between the two, it'd be Stallworth.

                        While I'm not a gungho McCoy fan, I will say that if the DL plays better at the POA, then the back 7 won't look as bad as it did at times last year.
                        I agree with you on that. Stallworth is still favored for me, but the situation id less than promising. I also think our D-line could have played better, which improves the whole defense. Losing Kearse really hurt the Eagles. That is why I think DE and a run stuffer at DT are things the Eagles should look into this off-season.
                        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                        Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Let's see if they can't get something done with Doss - i prefer him over Hamlin.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I like Hamlin much more. The only way I would want Doss is if we can get him for much cheaper than Hamlin.
                            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                            Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X

                            Debug Information