Stallworth or Hamlin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stallworth or Hamlin

Would you rather have Donte Stallworth or Ken Hamlin as an Eagle next year? My vote is for Donte because there are better prospects at Safety that could be available around our pick in the first.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

My vote may have been for Donte a few hours ago, but with the recent news with the Bethel Johnson signing, I say the Eagles should at least try to make a run at Hamlin. At least see how much he is asking. If it is too high, you can't say you didn't try, but I would be fine if we got a S early in the draft.

Comment

I think I should re-think what I said in the post above. I had Johnson confused with another person, so I would still be in favor of signing Donte because Johnson is a #4 or #5 receiver. Johnson may not even make it past the final roster cuts. The most value he would have for us would be in the return game.

Comment

Having a fun conversation with yourself?

Comment

eatw, you know you can edit posts.

I'd take Hamlin over Stallworth. The Eagles offense doesnt have problems. Their defense is among the worst in the league. If the Eagles are going to go back to 60%+ passing then I would take Stallworth, even though throwing that much is awful for the team.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Yeah I know I can edit, but I figured why keep my thought process to myself. At first I had him confused with someone who I thought would be a great signing considering who is left, but then I realized he wasn't who I thought he was, so I changed my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
              Having a fun conversation with yourself?
              No there not always fun, sometimes they're actually quite boring, considering no one talks back.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                Would you rather have Donte Stallworth or Ken Hamlin as an Eagle next year? My vote is for Donte because there are better prospects at Safety that could be available around our pick in the first.
                How about the original question? We all got a little sidetracked, but with the situation the way it is now, which would you have?

Comment

Honestly, I like Hamlin and all, but I'd rather have Donte back. We already know what he brings to the table as a player, and he already has a relationship established with McNabb which he would be able to build upon next season. Hamlin is a good player, but we may be better off drafting a safety this year anyway since the talent pool is so deep, and save that money that we may spend trying to sign him to apply to another area that we need help in.

Comment

Exactly how I feel, how about someone else's opinion.

Comment

I would take Hamlin. When we have a strong run support safety, our run defense can be really good. At the beginning of the year we were doing quite well against the ground attack while Michael Lewis was starting. He was giving up plenty of plays, but while he was in we were good against the run. Considine is a solid player, but Hamlin would add that Michael Lewis stoutness against the run while still being good in coverage. If we have our starting secondary set going into the draft we would really be able to perfect our defense.

We need to stop throwing the ball as much anyway. Maybe not having a weapon like Stallworth will convince Reid to run the ball more. I still really want Stallworth back though.

Comment

Well if we would get Hamlin, it pretty much ensures that Donte is gone. It fills our biggest need, so LB is our major concern. We could get Leonard or Hunt in the second, so we don't have to pass so much. We would still be able to draft our main positions of need if we did this.

Comment

Definitely Stallworth.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
                          Originally posted by yodachu
                          Everyone pwns the Rams.

Comment

thats a tough question. I would have to say stallworth but I hink Hamlin would be nice here too. It's just good to have that kind of threat in the passing game, but i think we all kow that he is as good as gone, so I hope we help out da D with Hamlin!

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

If Donte leaves, I think Hamlin should be the #1 priority in FA, but maybe not. We could get a great Safety in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information