No announcement yet.

2010 Eagles Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vick's gonna leave, Kolb and McNabb will stay.

As for Muckelroy, I liked him he's a tackling machine, but I don't like him as a SAM in our system. The more I think about it, the more I could see Sergio Kindle at the strongside spot. He totally fits the battering ram mold that we need at the position and he's excellent in space. He's quite a bit more athletic than Gocong and I think he could be an absolute beast for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
      Vick's gonna leave, Kolb and McNabb will stay.

As for Muckelroy, I liked him he's a tackling machine, but I don't like him as a SAM in our system. The more I think about it, the more I could see Sergio Kindle at the strongside spot. He totally fits the battering ram mold that we need at the position and he's excellent in space. He's quite a bit more athletic than Gocong and I think he could be an absolute beast for us.
      Kindle could play like Orakpo did this year playing SAM on 1st and 2nd down then switching to end on 3rd.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• I think McNabb and Vick are gone, Kolb is ready, McNabb is not going to gain value and Vick is going to make WAY too much money for the Eagles to keep him as a back-up.

I would watch out for AJ Feely on the FA market this year, he knows the scheme and has played here for years and then they would draft a guy like Crompton in the draft or maybe Zac Robinson or if they're intent on keeping the Wildcat around maybe Jarrett Brown.

Comment

• Originally posted by camp_eagles View Post
          Kindle could play like Orakpo did this year playing SAM on 1st and 2nd down then switching to end on 3rd.
          It would make sense too, Kindle is more fluid in space than Orakpo is but he isn't as good at rushing the passer however, it would allow the Eagles to keep the run stuffer Abiamiri in on 1st and 2nd downs and move Kindle to DE on third down and long if needed.

Also Everson Griffen is a little bit of a question mark for me, on one hand he reminds me of Dwight Freeney and he is actually very strong/thick especially for a player coming out of college, he has the strength to play LDE but he doesn't often use it and doesn't display an interest in the run often enough for my liking. But the Eagles love athletes and Griffen is a great one and the Eagles have never been one to label guys as LE or RE, they just want guys who get after the QB. I love his potential but I am worried that he will bust due to A. Not much production and B. Little to no success of USC linemen in the NFL.

Comment

• The thing I love about Everson Griffin, Jason Piere Paul, Carlos Dunlap, etc. type prospects is that they're projects. Don't expect them to come in season one and be productive players. They all have tremendous athleticism and upside, but they still have a lot of refining to do and a lot of coaching has to go into them. THIS is the kind of player we need. Hopefully this can make them better pro players than they were college players.

We have time to do this for a player because we're not built to win it all right now. We're going to be a competitive team and MAY have a chance at it, but we're still way too young. This is also the reason I say we go with Kolb, even though I'm a huge McNabb fan.

Comment

• I think Griffin is the most complete DE out of those you named.

JPP has the best athleticism and relays solely on it.

And Dunlap is the worst, just another Flordia De waiting to bust.

Eagles having Griffen would be awesome, someone to play the strong side and complement Trent Cole.

Comment

• Everson Griffin highlights
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNzSE9q0R3k

I dont think you can question JPP's athleticism
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4-1e6Faglw

Kindle highlights
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qul0KgveR5k

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• My biggest problem with JPP is that he takes bad angles to the ball and isn't a good tackler at all.

Everson Griffin would probably the most NFL ready out of all of them.

I think if we put Sergio Kindle and SLB, his skillset would not be utilized to its full potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                    My biggest problem with JPP is that he takes bad angles to the ball and isn't a good tackler at all.

Everson Griffin would probably the most NFL ready out of all of them.

I think if we put Sergio Kindle and SLB, his skillset would not be utilized to its full potential.
                    I just watched a highlight/lowlight video of JPP Im not impressed he has only one move which is to run around the tackle the few times he tried to spin/swim or bullrush he failed. Does not play with a good pad level but when he does watch out. JPP is the definition of Boom or Bust its all about the situation he goes into which philly could be a good one for him but I dont want the risk.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• My latest eagles mock:

Trade McNabb for high 2nd round pick

1. FS Earl Thomas
                      2a. LB Daryl Washington
                      2b.CB Kareem Jackson
                      3a. DE Lindsey Witten
                      3b. RB Ben Tate
                      4a. OG John Jerry
                      4b. TE Colin Peek
                      6a. QB Jarrett Brown
                      6b. WR Freddie Barnes

Comment

• Here is a question for you all, is Earl Thomas better than Macho Harris?

I know half of you just got ready to be like "Your ********" but think about it. Victor Harris is 5'11" and 195 pounds, Earl Thomas is probably a little smaller. Everybody praises Earl Thomas for his ball skills but Macho Harris had 11 interceptions in his Junior and Senior year and Earl Thomas had 10 in his last 2 years in college.

Last year NFL.com said this of Macho Harris: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profil...ayers-analysis
                        Positives: Natural playmaker. ... Versatile athlete with the skills to help at multiple positions. ... Alert zone defender. ... Reads the quarterback's eyes and closes quickly on the ball. ... Reliable open-field tackler who flashes explosiveness as a hitter. ... Willing to dirty his jersey against the run. ... Good lateral agility to elude blockers and will come up aggressively in run support. ... At least adequate hip flexibility and straight-line speed. ... Natural hands for the interception. ... Can track the ball over either shoulder. ... Good leaping ability and times his leaps well. ... Can highpoint passes and shows the strong hands to snatch passes out of the air. ... Reliable hands as a returner. ... Good vision and burst as a returner.

Negatives: Might lack the hip flexibility and straight-line speed for man coverage. ... Inconsistent press technique and lacks the burst to keep up with faster receivers if he misses his initial punch. ... Likes to go for the intimidating hit and will occasionally fail to wrap up properly when dropping his shoulder into the ballcarrier. ... Plays a flashy, emotional game and can get carried away on the field, drawing penalties.
                        That could VERY easily be a scouting report for Earl Thomas, if they just changed the name to Earl Thomas I wouldn't think anything of it.

So should we really draft Earl Thomas or should the Eagles just develop Macho Harris who is a very similar player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                          My latest eagles mock:

Trade McNabb for high 2nd round pick

1. FS Earl Thomas Great pick
                          2a. LB Daryl Washington MLB? Do you think Stewart Bradley plays SLB? How do you predict the starting LB corp?
                          2b.CB Kareem Jackson I'm a fan of Jackson, dont know if he lasts until here but a CB will
                          3a. DE Lindsey Witten Really great value here
                          3b. RB Ben Tate Not a fan at all of Tate
                          4a. OG John Jerry Anothon good value pick
                          4b. TE Colin Peek Good player to have a good battle between Alex Smith with during training camp
                          6a. QB Jarrett Brown I dont know why, but I love this pick
                          6b. WR Freddie Barnes Doubt he would be able to make the active roster, but he might develop into a useful player
                          10 characters

Comment

• Earl Thomas can play FS, and cb.

Comment

• Everson Griffen looks like a DT, that guy is STACKED if he ever decided he wanted to play all out on every play (yes that includes run plays) he could be an all time great, he looks like he is somewhere between 280 and 290 and he figures to run a 4.6 at the combine. Everson Griffen looks like he could be an absolute STUD. Plus he seems like a funny guy, an energetic guy who can have fun in practice and still work hard and he fosters competition with his little jokes, he seems like he would fit RIGHT in with the Eagles defense consisting of a bunch of jokers like Asante Samuel, Trent Cole, Brodrick Bunkley and he would fit in with everyone on the team including Donovan McNabb and DeSean Jackson.

I think that the only flaw he has is that he is disinterested from time to time against the run and sometimes he will quit on a play, but it isn't like he does it every time you'll see him run down plays from behind and you'll see him remain in his gap and keep his gap responsibility. He looks like he caused fits for some college tackles because he is a little bowling ball at DE, he has the strength and natural leverage to just barrel into a tackle and knock them off balance and he has the speed and agility to beat them to the edge.

I think Everson Griffen would be a nice fit for the Eagles, skill wise and personality wise.

Comment

• Could he be a Reggie White? Gets old moves inside. Actually wait, Mario Williams, he is the closest thing to Reggie.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information