1A: E.Thomas FS
    1B (McNabb): B.Graham LDE
    2: M.Burnett SS
    3A (SEA): B.Ghee CB
    3B+4A (Vick): AJ.Edds SAM
    3C (McNabb): M.Hardesty RB
    4B: S.Canfield QB
    4C (NYJ): M.Johnson MIKE

C.Gocong and T.Laws are also trade bait, which may allow some jockeying if need be.

Comment

• Ideally, McNabb stays in Philly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
        Ideally, McNabb stays in Philly.
        No doubt in my mind he is staying now. I believe they are going to try and make one more run at a SB, and if we fall short we cut ties. Simple as that.

Comment

• Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
          No doubt in my mind he is staying now. I believe they are going to try and make one more run at a SB, and if we fall short we cut ties. Simple as that.
          The defense won't be SB calibre in 2010. Rebuild the D, get Kolb experience, and become a serious contender in 2011+.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitingForSomeday View Post
            The defense won't be SB calibre in 2010. Rebuild the D, get Kolb experience, and become a serious contender in 2011+.
            If they sign a guy like Peppers or Kampmann in free agency, and Bradley comes back and plays close to 85%-90% or so, and they draft an impact safety, it could realistically be a top 5 defense again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morton View Post
              If they sign a guy like Peppers or Kampmann in free agency, and Bradley comes back and plays close to 85%-90% or so, and they draft an impact safety, it could realistically be a top 5 defense again.
              If #1, Peppers: I have less confidence than you, that the FO has the willingness to sign 30+ year player to a MEGA deal.

If #2, Kampmann: Much more realistic, but again a 30+ player coming off a ACL... I'm in favor of this, but I'm not expecting slam dunk results.

If #3, Bradley: He will certainly help, and I hear he's rehabbing well.

If #4, Rookies: Unless you're talking about EB, making assumptions about rookie contributions is dangerous.

Okay, now put all of the IFs together and you might have a top-5 defense... but you're also talking about the same team that got abused by NYG, DAL and made the WAS offense look competant. Improvement shouldn't be hard; but to transform into a dominant defense - that's something else IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitingForSomeday View Post
                If #1, Peppers: I have less confidence than you, that the FO has the willingness to sign 30+ year player to a MEGA deal.

If #2, Kampmann: Much more realistic, but again a 30+ player coming off a ACL... I'm in favor of this, but I'm not expecting slam dunk results.

If #3, Bradley: He will certainly help, and I hear he's rehabbing well.

If #4, Rookies: Unless you're talking about EB, making assumptions about rookie contributions is dangerous.

Okay, now put all of the IFs together and you might have a top-5 defense... but you're also talking about the same team that got abused by NYG, DAL and made the WAS offense look competant. Improvement shouldn't be hard; but to transform into a dominant defense - that's something else IMO.
                They were only one season removed from being a dominant defense - in 2008 they had the #3 defense in the league. The 2009 defense wasn't much different, maybe minus Bradley, minus Dawk, and minus JJ.

All it takes is a few tweaks and the addition of an impact player or two. Bradley comes back, you have to find a playmaker to offset the loss of Dawk, whether that's at safety or elsewhere. And remember that the DC, McDermott, was thrust into the position abruptly. Next year he'll have a much better handle on the situation, and will have the opportunity to draft "his" guys.

I'm not guaranteeing that the defense WILL be elite next year, but it's WELL within the realm of possibility, and really wouldn't take that much to accomplish. It's not like we're trying to turn around the Lions defense or anything.

Comment

I'm not guaranteeing that the defense WILL be elite next year, but it's WELL within the realm of possibility, and really wouldn't take that much to accomplish. It's not like we're trying to turn around the Lions defense or anything.
                  Okay, tweak here - tweak there. Top 5 defense once again, and this time McNabb will have the answers. SB or bust.

Whether McNabb remains the QB or AR moves forward with Kolb, doesn't really affect my outlook for the draft. I see McNabb being worth a late 1st and 3rd - while Kolb is worth an early 2nd and 3rd. The FO would have the ability to target the same positions/players I mentioned.

Whether McNabb or Kolb is the QB in the upcoming season doesn't really affect my expectations on how I feel the team will perform. In either case, I think the team will be in playoff contention. The difference is - in the out years I rather have a QB in his prime while the young talent on offense/defense is peaking. This is my opinion and I don't expect to change any minds at this point. The McNabb/Kolb debate has been going on for sometime, and the camps have been rather polarized. We'll see what happens, and hope for the best.
                  Last edited by WaitingForSomeday; 02-27-2010, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• My boy, Clifton Geathers, just measured out 38 inch arms and weighed in at 299 lbs. I'm excited to see what his 40 and cone drill times are, to see how nimble and fast he is at that weight. I know some of you guys are opposed to drafting him because of how occasionally our DE's drop back in coverage. Typical project player.

I've also became a fan of Tony Moeaki. Has good hands and is a good in line blocker. Has 4.7 speed and is an alright athlete.

Comment

• Sorry wrong place.
                      Last edited by superman8456; 02-27-2010, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• I don't like Sproles at all.

He sounds dumb in interviews and he's basically a freakin' midget.

We need a BIG back, not another little one.

Comment

I don't like Sproles at all.

He sounds dumb in interviews and he's basically a freakin' midget.

We need a BIG back, not another little one.
                          And Bunkley's a Rhodes Scholar. What does interview presentation have to do with being a good football player? also 4th in KO return yards this past year I will take him any day.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• Right now the top 4 guys I want that have a reasonable chance to be there are Brandon Graham, Sean Weatherspoon, Earl Thomas and Kyle Wilson. I'd be very happy with any one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                              Right now the top 4 guys I want that have a reasonable chance to be there are Brandon Graham, Sean Weatherspoon, Earl Thomas and Kyle Wilson. I'd be very happy with any one of them.
                              That'd be great, but I guarantee you that Reid will do something dumb like reach for an offensive lineman like Maurkice Pouncey or John Jerry in the first round, or trade down for some project player. Or worse yet, draft some surefire bust like Carlos Dunlap.

I can feel it coming.

Comment

That'd be great, but I guarantee you that Reid will do something dumb like reach for an offensive lineman like Maurkice Pouncey or John Jerry in the first round, or trade down for some project player. Or worse yet, draft some surefire bust like Carlos Dunlap.

I can feel it coming.
                                Reid doesn't reach for O-linemen, so you don't have to worry about that. The linemen he has taken high have been at good value as they were perceived as prospects, and for the most part, worked out well. Reid as a whole has been a pretty good drafter, minus the busts like FredEx and Stinkston, as well as some other, but as whole the Eagles have had one of the better draft track records since Reid has been in charge.
                                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information