Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Creek View Post
    Great write up back on page 15, EATW...

Alright, I'm almost certain the birds are trading up in the 1st, have no idea who we're targeting though. Guess it all depends on how high we can move up, but you would think Reid & Co. will be looking to add 1st round talent on the defensive side of the ball. Earl Thomas, Kyle Wilson, Sean Weatherspoon are guys I like... I believe this draft is going to be crucial in determining the make up of our defense for the next 5-7 years.
    Thanks a lot, its not often I get to witness a Creek post, let alone a Creek compliment, lol.

Though I feel the Eagles are likely to move up, I try not to say they will do certain things on draft day, because anything can happen, and it depends on the situation, but I think with how the Eagles have positioned themselves, they are more likely to move up than before. I agree this draft just may shape the course of this defense in the time frame you say, I just hope it turns out positive, lol.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
      Maybe they are hoping for Berry to fall and move him to Cb? Idk Eagles are pretty hard to peg when it comes to the draft.
      He could do it, but honestly, WHY would they? The whole secondary needs help, and Berry at FS would help them more than Berry at CB. If the Eagles somehow get Berry, put him at FS for the next 10 years and slide Macho or Demps to CB and they will contribute as depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
        Spikes is really a tough spot for me. I like everything about him as a player (ok, a little bit of a lie), but I have to think that his slow 40 time (as much as I hate to base things off 40 times, this should tell you something) really is important and will mean that he would really struggle in a defense like ours.
        Part of me can't help but make the comparison of Spikes to Trotter. I think he could have a very similar impact to our defense, and possibly be better in coverage than Trotter ever was. I also think that it is great value. I think he is the third best ILB in this draft. He provides some versatility as to what spots he could play in our defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
          Part of me can't help but make the comparison of Spikes to Trotter. I think he could have a very similar impact to our defense, and possibly be better in coverage than Trotter ever was. I also think that it is great value. I think he is the third best ILB in this draft. He provides some versatility as to what spots he could play in our defense.
          I don't like to make those comparisons, because, Spikes has better instincts in the passing game than Trotter. Spikes may be slow as molasses in winter, but he was ALWAYS near the ball in college. I just don't know if he will still be able to compensate for his lack of speed in the NFL, since it is much faster thn anything you'll see in college.

Comment

• Everybody complains about how our SLB can never cover the elite TEs of the division and I just can't see that being any different with Spikes. He could barely cover most o-linemen with that 40 time for god's sake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
              Everybody complains about how our SLB can never cover the elite TEs of the division and I just can't see that being any different with Spikes. He could barely cover most o-linemen with that 40 time for god's sake.
              I agree. So if need be StewartBradley could make the transition to SLB and let Spikes play MLB. I just want them to try out all the possibilities during the preseason. I have a feeling we're not going to play well against the run next season.

If we don't draft Spikes, it's no big deal. But I just really like the value.

Comment

• Spikes value right now is late 3rd at best.

Comment

Everybody complains about how our SLB can never cover the elite TEs of the division and I just can't see that being any different with Spikes. He could barely cover most o-linemen with that 40 time for god's sake.
                  So very true, I couldnt agree more.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

The problem is, there aren't many LBs that can cover the TE in our division anyway. I think if the Eagles draft Spikes, Bradley would be moved to SLB.
                    Last edited by eaglesalltheway; 04-06-2010, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by superman8456 View Post

Yeah Trotter like 2 years ago. Not the young Trotter.

Comment

• ^ Trotter came into the NFL running a 4.6, damn was he a physical specimen.
                        Do I hate Spikes? No absolutely not. As Sniper said he's just a good football player. I'm usually not one to judge a player by his 40 time, but an extreme either way tells you something. When Demeco Ryans ran a 4.65 I thought that was a pretty average time, but he had the best defensive instincts in that draft class which make up for it on the field. That being said there's a world of difference between a 4.6 and a 4.8 much less a 5.0.

Spikes has good instincts, but he would need an earpiece with the other team's offensive coordinator telling him the play for him to get there in time in the pros. I think he could be a good role player, and who knows, maybe even a starter in another team's defense, but not ours.

At this point I view Spikes as a third round value.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                          ^ Trotter came into the NFL running a 4.6, damn was he a physical specimen.
                          Do I hate Spikes? No absolutely not. As Sniper said he's just a good football player. I'm usually not one to judge a player by his 40 time, but an extreme either way tells you something. When Demeco Ryans ran a 4.65 I thought that was a pretty average time, but he had the best defensive instincts in that draft class which make up for it on the field. That being said there's a world of difference between a 4.6 and a 4.8 much less a 5.0.

Spikes has good instincts, but he would need an earpiece with the other team's offensive coordinator telling him the play for him to get there in time in the pros. I think he could be a good role player, and who knows, maybe even a starter in another team's defense, but not ours.

At this point I view Spikes as a third round value.
                          Preaching to the choir, Amen brother.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• I can't wait for draft day! So many top picks and this draft is so important for the Eagles, this draft has potential to be the draft that eventually puts the Eagles over the top, they're loaded with picks and have the ability to maneuver and deal all around to get the best players. I really hope this draft goes well.

Comment

• Yeah, I love the draft, its my own special holiday. I already managed to take the day off work.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• Damn, I hate this prime time move for the first day. I liked the tradition of waking up early on Saturday to catch all the action. Now I'll probably end up staying in on Thursday night to watch the draft, gotta see the highlights and get the analysis.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information