2010 Eagles Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
    Yeah, I love the draft, its my own special holiday. I already managed to take the day off work.
    What about the other two? lol
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• So EAGLES fans...would you rather keep all the picks(is it 11 or 12?) and go for quantity or package them for 4-5 of the more elite prospects?

If you keep all 11-12 picks how many can realistically make the team, it's no like the cupboards bare in Philly...
      Last edited by contento; 04-06-2010, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by contento View Post
        So Skins fans...would you rather keep all the picks(is it 11 or 12?) and go for quantity or package them for 4-5 of the more elite prospects?

If you keep all 11-12 picks how many can realistically make the team, it's no like the cupboards bare in Philly...
        ???

Personally, I don't see the Eagles staying put with all 11 picks. They will move up and down depending on how they see the situations panning out. I expect they will once again trade one of this year's later picks for a pick in next year's draft, only a round higher. I think they are much more likely to move up in the first round, as well as the rest of the draft actually. They have the ammo to do it, but I can't see the Eagles making any less than 8 picks, there aren't many HUGE needs, but there are a lot of minor needs that HAVE to be addressed.

Comment

• I'll say it now. We're not picking at 24.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
            What about the other two? lol
            Ill be able to see Thursday and Saturday. Friday I wont be able to. I got to start preparing my fav recipes for day one. Tacos and cervesas, lol.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
              ^ Trotter came into the NFL running a 4.6
              And left running a 6.4.

Comment

• With two picks each in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds, the question this year now is:

Should we trade up and sink some of those valuable picks into a single player that we feel will make an impact, or invest them all into a wider range of players and hope something sticks?

Quality or quantity?

Comment

• Originally posted by Morton View Post
                  With two picks each in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds, the question this year now is:

Should we trade up and sink some of those valuable picks into a single player that we feel will make an impact, or invest them all into a wider range of players and hope something sticks?

Quality or quantity?
                  There will be a combination of everything. I do believe we will trade up in round 1. I also see us trading some of the picks to gather some for next year. We have seen us trade up and also down in the past. It depends who is on the board, at a legitimate range that the team will make a move. Wouldnt be shocked if they stood pat and draft at 24.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
                    There will be a combination of everything. I do believe we will trade up in round 1. I also see us trading some of the picks to gather some for next year. We have seen us trade up and also down in the past. It depends who is on the board, at a legitimate range that the team will make a move. Wouldnt be shocked if they stood pat and draft at 24.
                    As I always say, it depends on the situation, if the Eagles targets are flying off the board, I see them trading up, if they have multiple valuable target available, they will attempt to trade down. This will be true for any of the picks round 1 through 6 (can't trade our comp 7s, lol)

Comment

• If Eric Berry gets past Cleveland at #7, I'd like to see us move up and grab him. Shouldn't be too hard to get Al Davis to swap picks with us, just throw in a 2nd and some hard candies and we should have a deal.

Other than that, I don't know who else we'd move up for... Unless one of the O-lineman start falling (Iupati/Pouncey).

Wouldn't be surprised to see them move down and acquire more picks for next year either.

Originally posted by snuff
                      Yeah, good joke. Awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Creek View Post
                        If Eric Berry gets past Cleveland at #7, I'd like to see us move up and grab him. Shouldn't be too hard to get Al Davis to swap picks with us, just throw in a 2nd and some hard candies and we should have a deal.

Other than that, I don't know who else we'd move up for... Unless one of the O-lineman start falling (Iupati/Pouncey).

Wouldn't be surprised to see them move down and acquire more picks for next year either.
                        As much as I'd love to have Berry, I know it would take a monster trade for it to take place, and we'd have to trade with one of the teams in the 5-7 range, if you ask me, to land Berry. I could see the Eagles moving up for Haden (if he fell), Thomas, Wilson, Iupati, or Pouncey, though they would be moving up as little as 2 picks for Iupati or Pouncey, or up to the 16-18 range for Thomas or Wilson. If they move down, i think the Eagles will try to acquire picks in this draft. They know a draft with this type of talent throughout is rare, and will try to exploit that.

Comment

• I hope somehow the Browns dont take Berry, then that we give us chance to trade up for him.
                          Since the next team i see that would take him is 11 at Broncos, pending trade by another team

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord_Anubis View Post
                            I hope somehow the Browns dont take Berry, then that we give us chance to trade up for him.
                            Since the next team i see that would take him is 11 at Broncos, pending trade by another team
                            As much as I also like Berry, and would love to see him in Philly I doubt we will have a chance at grabbing him.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord_Anubis View Post
                              I hope somehow the Browns dont take Berry, then that we give us chance to trade up for him.
                              I can think of at least 6 teams that would also be willing to trade up, with the ammo to do it.

Basically, we need to quit daydreaming about Berry, if only so we get to be that much more excited if for some unknown reason the Eagles would be able to get him.

Comment

• Last time I hoped a safety would fall to us in the draft was Brandon Meriweather, I was legitimately pissed when the Pats took him 2 before us... Then we traded back with DALLAS. Not a fun draft day. At least the Kevin Kolb thing is working out.

Originally posted by snuff
                                Yeah, good joke. Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information