No announcement yet.

2010 Eagles Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanted Kenny Phillips the 2nd time we traded back, but then again we might not have gotten Jason Peters/Desean and some others that I feel too lazy to trace back on the numerous of trades resulting from the trade back

Comment

• http://interact.stltoday.com/blogzon...ous-alexander/

Eagles visit Mizzou’s Alexander

Although he won’t be able to work out for teams before the draft because of a knee injury suffered at the Senior Bowl, University of Missouri wide receiver Danario Alexander is still drawing interest from NFL teams.

In fact, league sources told the Post-Dispatch that the Philadelphia Eagles recently paid a visit to Alexander in Columbia, Mo.

Alexander needed surgery following the Senior Bowl injury but is progressing well. He shed his crutches on March 17 and was walking on his own power the next day at Mizzou’s second pro day. Alexander, 6-4 1/2, 215 pounds, led the nation in receiving yards (1,781) last season for the Tigers.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTDP1...eature=related

K-State Coach Bill Snyder:
      I thought (KU receiver) Dezmon Briscoe was the best receiver in the Big 12 until I saw Alexander play

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
        Sounds like Jake Ikegowonou, once again without the xbox.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• ****. Alexanders knees are not going to let him last in the league or he would be a good player. Unlike Basket, Alexander actually knows how to use his frame to his advantage.

Comment

• Here is how i would like the first 3 rounds to fall for Philly. No trades just going off some rough mocks I know Pouncy and a few others may need trade up in said round to get.

1st ((24th)) Maurkice Pouncy C Flordia
            2nd ((37th)) Kareem Jackson CB Alabama
            2ndb ((55th)) Navorro Bowman LB Penn St
            3rd ((70th)) Major Wright S Florida
            3rdb ((87th)) Greg Hardy DE Ole Miss

Comment

• Originally posted by igglefanz View Post
              Here is how i would like the first 3 rounds to fall for Philly. No trades just going off some rough mocks I know Pouncy and a few others may need trade up in said round to get.

1st ((24th)) Maurkice Pouncy C Flordia
              2nd ((37th)) Kareem Jackson CB Alabama
              2ndb ((55th)) Navorro Bowman LB Penn St
              3rd ((70th)) Major Wright S Florida
              3rdb ((87th)) Greg Hardy DE Ole Miss
              I would be happy with that.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• I like the idea of taking Greg Hardy in the mid round range. He offers a lot of upside if we can just motivate him.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                  I like the idea of taking Greg Hardy in the mid round range. He offers a lot of upside if we can just motivate him.
                  Plus bringing him into our defense covers up some of his definciencies, because he isn't going to be asked to contribute a great deal. He has great size and has all the physical tools you want.
                  Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• We already have one young end who can't stay healthy. Why would we want another one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                      We already have one young end who can't stay healthy. Why would we want another one?
                      Abiamiri was asked to be a starter. With who we have at LE right now, Hardy wouldn't be relied on nearly as much, and would be more of a situational pass rusher. Not every player on the team can be perfect health-wise, lol. Having a guy like Hardy as your situational pass rusher would be a nice luxury.

Comment

• Hardy is a risk but really minus injury and a few questions about motivation he is a first round talent. I see someone that can be on the level of a Derrick Morgan if he pans out. Solid against the run and could give us 8-11 sacks a season opposite of Cole. He has all the measurables and talent. Its a risk pick but can turn out to be a dud or one of the best the Eagles make. We have depth there with Tapp and others so to me its worth it.

Comment

• Hardy is VERY inconsistent.

Comment

• Originally posted by igglefanz View Post
                            Hardy is a risk but really minus injury and a few questions about motivation he is a first round talent. I see someone that can be on the level of a Derrick Morgan if he pans out. Solid against the run and could give us 8-11 sacks a season opposite of Cole. He has all the measurables and talent. Its a risk pick but can turn out to be a dud or one of the best the Eagles make. We have depth there with Tapp and others so to me its worth it.
                            Especially if its for our last third or one of our fourth rounders...

Comment

• My dream scenario right now is thus:

#24: Kyle Wilson or Earl Thomas (trade up to 15-19 range if necessary)

#37: Jerry Hughes

#55: Sean Lee or Daryl Washington

This way, they can walk away with a potentially elite DB, a potentially elite pass-rusher, and a potentially elite linebacker all in the same draft.

Of course, they could just as easily go Nate Allen or Devin McCourty with the #37 pick, even with the selection of Thomas/Wilson in the first round, because DB is such a need area, but I think if Jerry Hughes falls to that spot it would be too great a value to pass up.

Andy could also just as easily throw us a curveball and pick an OL like Mike Iupati with the #24 pick, and if that does happen, I'll be disappointed. If Iupati or Pouncey is the pick, he better be the most dominant, tough, mean SOB we've ever seen on an OL anywhere, because neglecting the defense in such a deep defensive draft would be criminal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morton View Post
                                My dream scenario right now is thus:

#24: Kyle Wilson or Earl Thomas (trade up to 15-19 range if necessary)

#37: Jerry Hughes

#55: Sean Lee or Daryl Washington

This way, they can walk away with a potentially elite DB, a potentially elite pass-rusher, and a potentially elite linebacker all in the same draft.

Of course, they could just as easily go Nate Allen or Devin McCourty with the #37 pick, even with the selection of Thomas/Wilson in the first round, because DB is such a need area, but I think if Jerry Hughes falls to that spot it would be too great a value to pass up.

Andy could also just as easily throw us a curveball and pick an OL like Mike Iupati with the #24 pick, and if that does happen, I'll be disappointed. If Iupati or Pouncey is the pick, he better be the most dominant, tough, mean SOB we've ever seen on an OL anywhere, because neglecting the defense in such a deep defensive draft would be criminal.
                                Not that he does the moon walk, or grabs his crouch, but Andy Reid is a smooth criminal.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information