No announcement yet.

2010 Eagles Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defensive tackle is a major need imo. We have three solid guys, but I think we need one more first day pick used on this position. Depth is sorely needed and I would like to see Pattersen replaced.

Linebacker is weird for me. I would like us to take the best one available with our first rounder. That means someone like Brandon Spikes, Rolondo McClain, or Sean Weatherspoon.

Comment

Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
      Defensive tackle is a major need imo. We have three solid guys, but I think we need one more first day pick used on this position. Depth is sorely needed and I would like to see Pattersen replaced.

Linebacker is weird for me. I would like us to take the best one available with our first rounder. That means someone like Brandon Spikes, Rolondo McClain, or Sean Weatherspoon.
      I wouldn't say it is a major need, we are in need of a fourth DT, or at least a solid rotational guy, and we can get one of them on day 2...

I would love either of those LBs...
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

I know that most of you remember my post on how Mike Patterson was awful last year. Well that was last year and the year before he was arguably a pro-bowler, this year from what I saw he looks like he is doing better. So we shall see about DT being a need because either it will be a early day 2 need or it will be a late round need depending on his performance. Don't forget about Trevor Laws who is perfectly capable of stepping in at UT.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
          I know that most of you remember my post on how Mike Patterson was awful last year. Well that was last year and the year before he was arguably a pro-bowler, this year from what I saw he looks like he is doing better. So we shall see about DT being a need because either it will be a early day 2 need or it will be a late round need depending on his performance. Don't forget about Trevor Laws who is perfectly capable of stepping in at UT.
          I'm def not forgetting about Laws, which is why I don't see DT as a major need right now.

Comment

It's nice to have a solid 4 man rotation at DT, but it's not a first day need atm.

Comment

Trade future picks if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                It's nice to have a solid 4 man rotation at DT, but it's not a first day need atm.
                Agreed...

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post

Trade future picks if need be.
                Hahaha, if only...

Comment

This guy's not bad either.

Comment

Morgan Burnett

Learn his name, he is a better ball hawker than Mays by far and he is great against the run. He is what people want Taylor Mays to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post

This guy's not bad either.
                      If we could get either (depending on how our FS's perform this year) I would be ecstatic

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                      Morgan Burnett

Learn his name, he is a better ball hawker than Mays by far and he is great against the run. He is what people want Taylor Mays to be.
                      I've heard a lot about him, just haven't seen much. He is someone I'll definitely be looking into.

Comment

I we're going to be in the Jermaine Gresham sweepstakes this upcoming draft. I think he might fall to mid 2nd because of his injury and I would definitely use our 1st and then trade up in the 2nd to get him.

I would want Eric Berry, but I dont think I would want anything to with Taylor Mays or Morgan Burnett if it involves trading up. Dont get me wrong, they're good players, but not worth it to me.

I'm looking to get a LB like Navorro Bowman in the 3rd, maybe the 2nd, if we dont get one in the 1st. He is 6'1, 230 and a pretty good athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                          I we're going to be in the Jermaine Gresham sweepstakes this upcoming draft. I think he might fall to mid 2nd because of his injury and I would definitely use our 1st and then trade up in the 2nd to get him.

I would want Eric Berry, but I dont think I would want anything to with Taylor Mays or Morgan Burnett if it involves trading up. Dont get me wrong, they're good players, but not worth it to me.

I'm looking to get a LB like Navorro Bowman in the 3rd, maybe the 2nd, if we dont get one in the 1st. He is 6'1, 230 and a pretty good athlete.
                          Lookin a little far ahead aren't we? lol

Seriously though, I don't think TE will have to be addressed early come draft time. Obviously the whole process is fluid, but I wouldn't mind something like tha, thaough I doubt we go TE that early...

Comment

Lets see some obvious positions of need.

LB-anywhere and everywhere either starters or depth.
                            Rb - everyone knows the eagles are not bringing Westy back, he has lost quite a bit. And we need to bring in a compliment to Shady, its a 2 back league now.
                            WR- Curtis out for the season, he hasn't been healthy for a while, Reggie Brown who? and just lost some youth in a trade. I would rather prefer a vet, but someone needs to be added.
                            OL- drafted every year this year won't be any different. And need depth at tackle and I don't see Shawn Andrews coming back.
                            Cb - could use some back up, Hobbs isn't signed long term as far as I know.
                            S - Sean Jones, is only on a 1 year deal. Would like to have him stay longer.

Positions were are good for as in Starters and Back ups.

DL - everywhere, though you could make a case about age and injury
                            Qb - he'll be around
                            Fb - Weaver is good
                            Te - Celek is good, and have yet to see how Ingram turns out.

But the biggest issues for the draft are mostly find depth.

Comment

Anyways, with the acquisition of Will Witherspoon I don't think that WLB is a premier need anymore, the Eagles no longer need someone who can come in right away. Instead they can have someone who is talented but raw come in from the middle rounds and groom them behind Witherspoon/Jordan for two years. Also with Stewart Bradley coming back MLB won't be a need and Chris Gocong is IMO gone in free agency so SLB might be the spot that needs the most help but the Eagles are really high on Moises Fokou the rookie out of Maryland.

IMO the premier need is DL, the reason the linebackers look questionable so much is because there are so many blitzes and there are blitzes because the front 4 cannot get consistent pressure on the QB, Trent Cole can but no one else can. The Eagles really need a LE who can rush the passer and I've got my eyes set on Derrick Morgan out of Georgia Tech who plays just like Justin Tuck.

Also on my radar on offense is Trent Williams who is falling because he struggles with speed, but he is a perfect fit on the right side of the line which is where the Eagles need a lot of help and he has the speed to stick with Tuck and the power to withstand his bull rush, he is the top RT in the draft and luckily for the Eagles right tackles never go very high unless your name is Jeff Otah or Gosder, both of whom IMO are much more powerful than Williams.

I would also really like to get a power back and I really like Toby Gerhart out of Stanford as the power back the Eagles should grab. And with Jason Avant possibly heading into free agency the Eagles might need a new slot receiver and I like Blair White and Eric Decker for that spot, and both of them have potential to play outside as well but I like them inside where they can use their size and strength to outmuscle smaller nickel corners.

Comment

Allen Bailey or Sean Weatherspoon are two players Im looking at.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information