Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Eagles Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Creek View Post
    If the Eagles get Eric Berry and Brandon Graham, it would be the greatest thing to ever happen ever. EVER.
    Editted for super accuracy...
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

    Rest in Peace, themaninblack

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
      What would you guys think if the eagles traded pick 24(Rd.1), 37(Rd.2), 70(Rd.3) and 105(Rd.4) to KC for pick #5 to get Eric Berry? I know it's unlikely but they would still have at least 1 pick in every round so they can still have a pretty full draft. I think he might be worth it.

      Edit: And they can possibly have a draft like this:
      - Eagles trade 1st round pick (24), 2nd round pick (37), 3rd round pick (70) and 4th round pick (105) to Kansas City for their 1st round pick (5)
      - Sign QB Jeff Garcia

      Round 1 - Eric Berry S Tennessee - Yes I believe Berry is worth it. He's the biggest difference maker at the safety position since Ed Reed and will instantly step into the starting role and will be a pro-bowl caliber player for 10 years.
      Round 2 - Chris Cook CB Virginia - Berry could play CB if it's absolutely needed but his abilities are best utilized at safety. Chris Cook can possibly step in right away at RCB or at the very least provide excellent depth for now.
      Round 3 - Rennie Curran OLB Georgia - Undersized for a LB but has all the intangibles you look for and will be an instant leader and play maker on the football field.
      Round 4 - Lindsey Witten DE Connecticut - Very good pass rusher that can make a living as a rotational DE. Can fill Chris Clemons' old role and has the ability to be more successful in it.
      Round 5 - Zane Beadles C/G Utah - Played LT at Utah but will have to make the move inside at the next level and at the very worst can provide excellent depth at multiple positions while also challenging for a starting role.
      Round 6 - Mike Williams WR Syracuse - Very talented player who due to character concerns will go much lower in the draft than his ability suggests. If he can get his life on track this low risk pick will pay dividends.
      Round 7 - Nathan Overbay TE Eastern Washington - Small school TE who can compete with Martin Rucker for the 3rd TE spot.
      Round 7 - Michael Smith RB Arkansas - Undersized RB but has good speed and actually reminds me of a poor man's Felix Jones. Will challenge Eldra Buckley for #3 RB spot.
      I certainly wouldn't mind at all, lol, but honestly, I think it'd be best to trade 55 instead of 37, and the Chiefs would just as likely go for it. Either that, or get rid of the fourth rounder given to the Chiefs, making it just a first second and third. I'd prefer OL addressed a little earlier, but I could certainly live with this draft, anything that gets us Berry AND a good CB is spectacular if you ask me. Curran is a great pick, as I've said, he's one of the LBs with a later grade I'd want the Eagles to target.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

      Rest in Peace, themaninblack

      Comment


      • Actually, I based the trade off the draft value chart and I originally had pick 55 and all our original picks, but it didn't add up close enough. Hell even the way I ended up doing it the value chart says the eagles get the better end of the deal by ~100 points but I can't see the chiefs not taking that offer. I know teams don't really use the value chart but I wanted to make it as realistic as possible.
        And yeah, I wasn't real thrilled with the way the interior OL situation turned out and that would definitely be the biggest question mark after a draft like this.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
          Actually, I based the trade off the draft value chart and I originally had pick 55 and all our original picks, but it didn't add up close enough. Hell even the way I ended up doing it the value chart says the eagles get the better end of the deal by ~100 points but I can't see the chiefs not taking that offer. I know teams don't really use the value chart but I wanted to make it as realistic as possible.
          And yeah, I wasn't real thrilled with the way the interior OL situation turned out and that would definitely be the biggest question mark after a draft like this.
          I try to stick somewhat close, but I try to keep in mind that teams with less picks, or certain teams (like the pats and chiefs) value lots of picks, so you may not have to give up as much to move up when you trade with them.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

          Rest in Peace, themaninblack

          Comment


          • One prospect who I really like is Anthony Davis, he is a great talent who has every bit of ability in the world. He has weight, maturity and work ethic issues but his talent and natural strength is incredible. He really reminds me of Andre Smith, Jason Peters and Shawn Andrews.

            The Eagles worked out Anthony Davis and according to Davis "He killed it." and he said that in regards to the Eagles moving up "Yeah, they have some options to make some moves in the top 10".

            Clearly he wants to be an Eagle, if you look at who he follows on twitter, I'd say its safe to say that he is an Eagles fan. He grew up in Piscataway which is less than an hour from Philly distance wise (New York is 49 miles away, and Piscataway is closer than New York).

            I think if the Eagles want Davis they would have to jump the 49ers at #17. I would welcome Davis, he would line up at RG and I could see him being a similar caliber player as Shawn Andrews.

            I would be really happy if Davis ended up being an Eagle.

            Comment


            • And some teams are just desperate to trade down. Remember the Browns last year? They traded pretty far down for very little in return.

              Comment


              • The following is a list of players that have either will be in for a visit or have already meet with the team. The golden nugget of Davis, from Thumper is one I did not have. Anyine else have more names?

                Philadelphia Eagles
                George Selvie - DE USF
                Dan Williams-DT Tennesse
                Kyle Wilson - CB Boise
                Jarrett Brown-QB WV
                Taylor Price- WR Ohio
                Eric Berry- S Tennesse
                Mike Newton-S Buffalo
                Earl Mitchell-DT Arizona
                Brian Price-DT UCLA
                Joe Hawley-OL UNLV
                Selvich Capers-OT WV
                Jerry Hughes-DE TCU
                Mike Iupati-G Idaho
                DJ Karim-RB S. Illinois
                Roger Saffold-OT Indiana
                Charles Scott-RB LSU
                Zoltan Mesko-P Michigan
                Jeffrey Fitzgerald-DE Kan st
                Danario Alexander-WR Mizz
                Daniel Te'Nesheim-DE Was
                E.J. Morton-WR Morgan St.
                Dezmon Briscoe-WR Kan St
                Ted Larsen-C N.C. St.
                Linval Joseph-DT E.Carolina
                Jay Ross-DT E.Carolina
                Shawnbry McNeal-RB SMU
                Emmanuel Sanders-WRSMU
                Javier Arenas-CB Alabama
                Arthur Moats-LB J Madison
                Jerry Hughes-DE TCU
                Toby Gerhart-RB Stanford
                John Dwyer-RB G. Tech

                Sig by Bone Krusher

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                  One prospect who I really like is Anthony Davis, he is a great talent who has every bit of ability in the world. He has weight, maturity and work ethic issues but his talent and natural strength is incredible. He really reminds me of Andre Smith, Jason Peters and Shawn Andrews.

                  The Eagles worked out Anthony Davis and according to Davis "He killed it." and he said that in regards to the Eagles moving up "Yeah, they have some options to make some moves in the top 10".

                  Clearly he wants to be an Eagle, if you look at who he follows on twitter, I'd say its safe to say that he is an Eagles fan. He grew up in Piscataway which is less than an hour from Philly distance wise (New York is 49 miles away, and Piscataway is closer than New York).

                  I think if the Eagles want Davis they would have to jump the 49ers at #17. I would welcome Davis, he would line up at RG and I could see him being a similar caliber player as Shawn Andrews.

                  I would be really happy if Davis ended up being an Eagle.
                  Depemdong on the situation, I'd love Davis as well. I just don't see him being available long enough for the Eagles to even trade up.

                  Oh and BTW, Piscataway is more than an hour from Philly, unless your going 120+ on the highways. Its more like 2, give or take 20 minutes.
                  Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                  Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                    Depemdong on the situation, I'd love Davis as well. I just don't see him being available long enough for the Eagles to even trade up.

                    Oh and BTW, Piscataway is more than an hour from Philly, unless your going 120+ on the highways. Its more like 2, give or take 20 minutes.
                    yeah route 1 traffic lights are a *****.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
                      The following is a list of players that have either will be in for a visit or have already meet with the team. The golden nugget of Davis, from Thumper is one I did not have. Anyine else have more names?

                      Philadelphia Eagles
                      George Selvie - DE USF
                      Dan Williams-DT Tennesse
                      Kyle Wilson - CB Boise
                      Jarrett Brown-QB WV
                      Taylor Price- WR Ohio
                      Eric Berry- S Tennesse
                      Mike Newton-S Buffalo
                      Earl Mitchell-DT Arizona
                      Brian Price-DT UCLA
                      Joe Hawley-OL UNLV
                      Selvich Capers-OT WV
                      Jerry Hughes-DE TCU
                      Mike Iupati-G Idaho
                      DJ Karim-RB S. Illinois
                      Roger Saffold-OT Indiana
                      Charles Scott-RB LSU
                      Zoltan Mesko-P Michigan
                      Jeffrey Fitzgerald-DE Kan st
                      Danario Alexander-WR Mizz
                      Daniel Te'Nesheim-DE Was
                      E.J. Morton-WR Morgan St.
                      Dezmon Briscoe-WR Kan St
                      Ted Larsen-C N.C. St.
                      Linval Joseph-DT E.Carolina
                      Jay Ross-DT E.Carolina
                      Shawnbry McNeal-RB SMU
                      Emmanuel Sanders-WRSMU
                      Javier Arenas-CB Alabama
                      Arthur Moats-LB J Madison
                      Jerry Hughes-DE TCU
                      Toby Gerhart-RB Stanford
                      John Dwyer-RB G. Tech
                      DE - 4 ...you have Hughes 2X
                      DT- 5
                      WR - 5
                      Rb - 5
                      Cb - 2
                      S - 2
                      C - 2
                      P - 1
                      Lb - 1
                      G - 1
                      OT- 3

                      31 players total...should be more.

                      Your list only includes players that count against the list of 30. I was surprised I did not see more RU, PSU, Nova, Temple, Pitt players, instate doesn't count.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                        DE - 4 ...you have Hughes 2X
                        DT- 5
                        WR - 5
                        Rb - 5
                        Cb - 2
                        S - 2
                        C - 2
                        P - 1
                        Lb - 1
                        G - 1
                        OT- 3

                        31 players total...should be more.

                        Your list only includes players that count against the list of 30. I was surprised I did not see more RU, PSU, Nova, Temple, Pitt players, instate doesn't count.
                        Thats all the players I have been able to round up, im sure there are more players, If anyone wants to share, that would be tight.

                        Sig by Bone Krusher

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                          DE - 4 ...you have Hughes 2X
                          DT- 5
                          WR - 5
                          Rb - 5
                          Cb - 2
                          S - 2
                          C - 2
                          P - 1
                          Lb - 1
                          G - 1
                          OT- 3

                          31 players total...should be more.

                          Your list only includes players that count against the list of 30. I was surprised I did not see more RU, PSU, Nova, Temple, Pitt players, instate doesn't count.
                          These lists are nice to know, but really, they don't give anyone a clue WTF the Eagles will do, lol.
                          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                          Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                          Comment


                          • Brandyn Harvey, a WR from Villanova also worked out for the team. Interesting that we are looking at this many WR's. It is a hard position to peg in the draft though.

                            Also Connecticut CB Robert McClain, ASU DE Dexter Davis, Southern Illinois RB Deji Karim.

                            Not a lot of big names, but these are just a few other guys that have been brought in.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                              These lists are nice to know, but really, they don't give anyone a clue WTF the Eagles will do, lol.
                              lmao! Last year, I gather a list of names, and found many names of players that got drafted by the team. Maclin, was the exception, whom the Eagles did not interview, or worked out.

                              Sig by Bone Krusher

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
                                lmao! Last year, I gather a list of names, and found many names of players that got drafted by the team. Maclin, was the exception, whom the Eagles did not interview, or worked out.
                                In many years though, the team will select less players than years like last year. These interviews seem just as much for the mid-late round guys as they are the top prospects.
                                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                                Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information