No announcement yet.

2010 Eagles Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah they are tight lip about who they really like. In some instances they will simply have a few words, with a prospect, and wont even bring him in. That makes it more intresting, hough.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• This is something I've thought about since I saw it on a mock yesterday... If JPP fell to 24, what would your thoughts be about potentially drafting him? Of course it'd depend on the situation, but say Graham is gone, as well as Thomas, Pouncey, and Wilson. If he was available, where would you put him in terms of desire for our potential realistic targets? Personally, I'd see it like this..
      1. Thomas
      2a. Wilson
      2b. Graham
      2c. Pouncey
      5. Weatherspoon
      6. JPP
      7. McCourty
      8. K. Jackson
      9. Iupati
      10. Griffen
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• 1. Earl Thomas
        2. Kyle Wilson
        3. Maurkice Pouncey
        4. Mike Iupati
        5. JPP
        6. Sergio Kindle
        7. Sean Weatherspoon
        8. Brandon Graham
        9. Devin McCourty
        10. Everson Griffen

Comment

• Kyle Wilson really?? I must of watched too many BSU games this year. He is a good fast corner but the Eagles Need a corner that can press and not get picked on by larger receivers. He is good in a cover 2 scheme but last time i checked we really don't run one. I would take Jackson second round over him or Jerome Murphy. Also trading up for Haden would be great too. Kyle Wilson is a good cb but not in our system. We need a corner that isn't going to be out muscled and beat off the line when pressed.

Comment

• Well first off that statement is tremendously wrong because corners can't be pressed, the corners are the ones doing the pressing.

But cover 2 scheme? Have you ever watched Wilson play? He is probably the best man to man corner in the draft, he was shutdown at Boise State and he was shut down at the Senior bowl. Sure he isn't a press guy like Al Harris but he is a great all around corner who IMO might just go ahead of Haden. Wilson is a better man to man corner than Sheldon was, Sheldon was beat with double moves and by players with deep speed but Wilson has the ability to stick with just about anyone one on one.

He can't press well yet, thats all about technique so that can be taught to the point where he can at least be effective with the press. He is the best corner for the Eagles in round 1.

Comment

• Sorry my bad on the misuse of the term should of said when pressing but get my point. He played against lesser receivers and even then got burned quite a bit. He did have a good SR bowl will give you that but I have seen him get turned around and make some plays where he is going in the first round I really don't think he will be able to plays he needs to to be a good corner for the Eagles.

He needs to improve his upper body strength because the bigger NFL receivers are going to push him off easily on press coverage when blitzing. He had a good season in a very average conference. There is no Darrel Reavis or Champ Bailey in this draft class. You can quote me on this and I am willing to eat Crow but Wilson is not going to do very well in the NFL. He is going to be average at best and I see much more upside with a few other CB's then him. he tries to arm tackle some of the bigger receivers they are going to just shrug him off.

I mean he makes plays but just to many things I have seen watching BSU that makes me go I really like him but god he is gonna get burned at the next level.

Comment

• The games I saw of Wilson, and it just might be the games I saw, him play in. But this man can deliver a blow! Did anyone see him in the game against Oregon state? He was all over the Oregon wideouts, and forced the qb to throw some horrible passes and to hang on to the ball longer than regularly, causing turnovers. This cat is a serious player, and would love to see him in midnight green.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• Wilson does have some pop in his hits at times, but that isn't an indicator of his tackling ability and he is not a great run supporter, I'd say his willingness to support the run is about average. He won't be a Sheldon Brown in run stopping, especially right off the bat, but he is certainly much better than Asante in that aspect (Asante is the worst tackler in the NFL).

Also remember that Asante packs a punch on occassion whenever he decides he is going to tackle some people. Just a reminder that it isn't an indicator that someone can play in run support because they occassionally light someone up.

Comment

• As I see it, Wilson is a good fit, he is a balanced CB, but some things that were said here that I disagree with...

I wouldn't say he is consistently a shut down guy. He can do it, but games show that it shoudln't be expected of him. Thumper, I think you easily forget just how good of a coverage CB Sheldon was, especially in his prime. Wilson is more succeptible to double moves than Sheldon was. However, Wilson can only get better and learn not to fall for those as much with more experience and coaching. I also think it is VERY unlikely Wilson goes before Haden. Iggle, I do see Wilson being able to make plays in the NFL, its what he does. I can see Wilson being very good in the league, and there is plenty of potential in him to be very good. Wilson is more than Willing to step up and help in the run, however, because of his tackling ability, isn't always as productive as you'd want. He shouldn't be compared to Sheldon or Asante, because he doesn't really play like either of them. He is a blanced CB who, at times, can make a big hit, or a key INT.
                    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Eric Berry falls to the 9th pick and Andy Reid calls Buddy Nix to see how much it would cost to trade up and get him. Buddy Nix wants the 24th, 37th and 105th picks for the 9th overall pick. You're Andy Reid, what do you do?

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloBillsFan View Post
                        Eric Berry falls to the 9th pick and Andy Reid calls Buddy Nix to see how much it would cost to trade up and get him. Buddy Nix wants the 24th, 37th and 105th picks for the 9th overall pick. You're Andy Reid, what do you do?
                        I think the Eagles have to be careful about spending too much to move up. They have needs at DE, FS, CB, LB, C/G, and RB. I wouldn't throw away four or five picks just to get one player i.e. Eric Berry. The Eagles have to fill a lot of needs and getting Eric Berry wouldn't solve all of our problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloBillsFan View Post
                          Eric Berry falls to the 9th pick and Andy Reid calls Buddy Nix to see how much it would cost to trade up and get him. Buddy Nix wants the 24th, 37th and 105th picks for the 9th overall pick. You're Andy Reid, what do you do?
                          To high of a asking price, imo. Im sure they will trade up, but not to grab , Berry, that high.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• I would do that trade n a heartbeat.

Comment

• If Eric Berry is an Eagle I will run through the streets, amazing player who will be the next top flight safety and will lead the defensive revival of the Eagles.

Comment

• Originally posted by eagles6606 View Post
                                I think the Eagles have to be careful about spending too much to move up. They have needs at DE, FS, CB, LB, C/G, and RB. I wouldn't throw away four or five picks just to get one player i.e. Eric Berry. The Eagles have to fill a lot of needs and getting Eric Berry wouldn't solve all of our problems.
                                You would still have a 2nd & 3rd round pick to work with and you could pull off something like:

9.) Eric Berry, S, Tennessee (Rated as the best overall player in this year's class by some.)
                                55.) Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida (Walter has him falling to you here.)
                                70.) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB, IUP

That would be an interesting draft for you guys, but I understand if you wouldn't want to trade up, I just thought that the Eagles didn't have many holes to fill, that's all.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information