2010 Eagles Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
    Oh I'm not, if Mays is the pick I'm going to curse at my TV and rant for days. If Dunlap is the pick I will look at the TV funny, do a little "wtf?" rant and then hope he puts his physical tools together.
    At least you could put Mays in deep center and not have to worry too much about it. Dunlap offers nothing.

Comment

• remember awhile ago when some article/source revealed that two NFC East teams had Taylor Mays as a LB? Do you think you guys would think your organization would?

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
        remember awhile ago when some article/source revealed that two NFC East teams had Taylor Mays as a LB? Do you think you guys would think your organization would?
        I can't imagine the cowboys or redskins would have Mays at LB in a 3-4, so that leaves the giants and eagles. I the eagles did take him for whatever reason, I would hope he would be a safety though.

Comment

• You think there is any interest in moving up to #7 to get Eric Berry, for your #24, #37 and a 3rd-4th rounder?

Or Even #7, #72...for 24, 37, 55? Not sure if those values work out exactly right, but it seems like you guys are only a few players away, while we have a lot of holes to fill. Berry is the stud safety, and this is a deep corner draft you guys could still find quality at #55, #72?

The communication has to be there between Browns-Eagles, and I think Berry is worth going up for much more than Earl Thomas.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by jriles0522 View Post
            You think there is any interest in moving up to #7 to get Eric Berry, for your #24, #37 and a 3rd-4th rounder?

Or Even #7, #72...for 24, 37, 55? Not sure if those values work out exactly right, but it seems like you guys are only a few players away, while we have a lot of holes to fill. Berry is the stud safety, and this is a deep corner draft you guys could still find quality at #55, #72?

The communication has to be there between Browns-Eagles, and I think Berry is worth going up for much more than Earl Thomas.
            I would take either of those deals.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
              remember awhile ago when some article/source revealed that two NFC East teams had Taylor Mays as a LB? Do you think you guys would think your organization would?
              Yes, the Giants and Eagles have to be those teams since the Redskins and Cowboys run 3-4s now and Taylor Mays would be a terrible 3-4 linebacker.

I think this is another reason why the Eagles are really pushing for Eric Berry or Earl Thomas.

Comment

• I'd rather trade up for Haden or stay where we are to grab McCourty.

Comment

• Eric Berry would be better, he can play CB, FS and SS. He is more athletic than Haden, has shown more positional versatility and he has shown more playmaking ability. Eric Berry is going to be a superstar safety, he has been playing at an NFL level for the past 2 seasons. And last season Monte Kiffin really did a lot of work with him, and he showed he could handle the defensive load of an allstar NFL player, he played 3 different spots last year and handled all of them well.

I don't know why Scott doesn't have Berry as an elite player, because he is the best player at 3 different spots (CB, FS, SS). At CB he is glue in man to man situations and he is a great press corner. He has the flexibility, the agility, the fluid hips and the balance to be the next shut down corner in the NFL. And would have great size if he were a corner coupled with his great tackling ability. And his technique at corner was also refined by Monte Kiffin and he has a great understanding of zone coverages. At FS he can do anything you asked of Dawk and more, in fact I would make the argument that Eric Berry will be better than Brian Dawkins if he plays FS for the Eagles.

Eric Berry isn't just pro-ready, he is superstar ready, within 2 years he will be a premeir safety in the NFL, he is well coached, he is intelligent, he is refined in his technique, he has all the athletic ability in the world, he is likeable, he is a good teammate, he is a hard worker and he has great instincts. If the Eagles get Eric Berry, they will have a superstar on their hands.

Comment

• Mays a genetic freak but still as big and fast as he is just should be a bigger Brian Dawkins. But he isn't anywhere close to him. I would only start looking at him as a project pick with late second round pick which he should be long gone by then. Bet ol Al Davis is staying up late at night wishing he had 2 picks in the first round so he could get Mays and Campbell from Maryland.

Also Clayton was saying this morning one of the people he feels the Eagles is targeting is Morgan from GT. I really don't like the idea of moving up for alot of the talent as one great person is bound to fall to us at 24 and we can get 3 positions addressed in 2 rounds. But Morgan is one i would like to see the Eagles reach for if we do trade up for as he is a true 4-3 DE and has it all not just a pass rusher or run stopper.

Really between Pouncy, Iupati, E Thomas, S Weatherspoon, Or one of the many DE's in Graham Griffen ect there will be at least one of these good upgrades at that 24 spot.

Comment

• If the Eagles trade up for a safety it better be Berry. If not just simply draft one in round 2. Berry is the only safety I would be glad the Eagles trade up to get. LB is not something AR does, so im not expecting that move.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• Read they may also be moving up for McClain. Seems unlikely to me, but you never know. I guess slide him outside next to Bradley. A lot of people rave about his football IQ, wouldn't be upset at all if they grabbed him, but we would have to move up pretty high. The only guy I think it's worth moving into the top 10-15 for is Berry. Other than that, wait to see who falls between Haden/Iupati/Wilson/Weatherspoon/Pouncey/Graham/Thomas and move up for one of them in the 16-23 range.

Creek has spoken.

Originally posted by snuff
                        Yeah, good joke. Awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
                          If the Eagles trade up for a safety it better be Berry. If not just simply draft one in round 2. Berry is the only safety I would be glad the Eagles trade up to get. LB is not something AR does, so im not expecting that move.
                          Fully agree, Berry is the only one making a splash to get.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• I don't think the Eagles should move up in this draft if it requires any second round picks. The value of the players in the second round this year is too great to be giving up #37 or #55, or even both, just to grab a single player, no matter how great he projects to be.

If the Eagles can move up to grab their target by only giving up #24 and a third round pick, then I would approve. But obviously that won't be enough to move up into the top 10, so I think that Berry is completely out of the picture. I'm okay with that. I'd rather have quality depth and a safety like Nate Allen or Morgan Burnett in the 2nd round than to give up too much for Berry.

Comment

• Also, please don't trade up for Derrick Morgan.

Morgan = Jerome McDougle 2.0. I can feel it.

Comment

• I would be happy, if we stood pat and drafted, without trading up or down, in the first three rounds.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information