No announcement yet.

2010 Eagles Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hows W. Justice doing? Is he going to be counted on to be the #1 RT this season? Any chance they take a guy to compete with him early on?
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
      Hows W. Justice doing? Is he going to be counted on to be the #1 RT this season? Any chance they take a guy to compete with him early on?
      I think the Eagles are set at RT let Stacey Andrews and Justice fight for the starting role but we will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
        Hows W. Justice doing? Is he going to be counted on to be the #1 RT this season? Any chance they take a guy to compete with him early on?
        He just signed a contract extension after a very good season. He is without a doubt the starting RT for next season. A depth pick is probably the only thing the Eagles take at OT.

Stacy Andrews is a OG and will compete with MJG and Nick Cole for the RG spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloBillsFan View Post
          Eric Berry falls to the 9th pick and Andy Reid calls Buddy Nix to see how much it would cost to trade up and get him. Buddy Nix wants the 24th, 37th and 105th picks for the 9th overall pick. You're Andy Reid, what do you do?
          IF Berry would be available, I'd be all for this. If moving up to grab Berry involves giving up one of the second rounders, I'm completely fine with that, as long as it wouldn't involve much more.
          Originally posted by Morton View Post
          I don't think the Eagles should move up in this draft if it requires any second round picks. The value of the players in the second round this year is too great to be giving up #37 or #55, or even both, just to grab a single player, no matter how great he projects to be.

If the Eagles can move up to grab their target by only giving up #24 and a third round pick, then I would approve. But obviously that won't be enough to move up into the top 10, so I think that Berry is completely out of the picture. I'm okay with that. I'd rather have quality depth and a safety like Nate Allen or Morgan Burnett in the 2nd round than to give up too much for Berry.
          As far as I see it, any possible trades moving up would be for Berry, unless the Eagles are REALLY playing the teams and faking their massive interest in Berry. But lets be honest, they have every reason to love him. But If the Eagles would give up 24 and 37, I'd hope they wouldn't give up any of their other picks in the top 3 rounds, otherwise the value isn't there. Ideally, I'd hope the Eagles would get a 4th or 5th rounder back for 24 and 37. But giving up 24 and 37 to move into the range to nab Berry would be a GREAT move.
          Originally posted by Creek View Post
          Read they may also be moving up for McClain. Seems unlikely to me, but you never know. I guess slide him outside next to Bradley. A lot of people rave about his football IQ, wouldn't be upset at all if they grabbed him, but we would have to move up pretty high. The only guy I think it's worth moving into the top 10-15 for is Berry. Other than that, wait to see who falls between Haden/Iupati/Wilson/Weatherspoon/Pouncey/Graham/Thomas and move up for one of them in the 16-23 range.
          Creek has spoken.
          With how the Eagles value LBs, I can't see this story as one of those "leaked" war room blurbs, which is an attempt to make teams overdraft McClain so another one of the Eagles targets could fall to them. The more I think about the way this draft will work out, the more I think at least one of the Eagles top targets will be available, and maybe as many as 3, if they stay at 24.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• I don't know what it is, Pouncey is growing on me. I think I want him more than anyone beside a trade up for Eric Berry in the first round (even my homer UT players). A great center would do so much for both our run game and help Kolb out. Our offense would be looking real good for next season if we can plug in an above average C.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
              I don't know what it is, Pouncey is growing on me. I think I want him more than anyone beside a trade up for Eric Berry in the first round (even my homer UT players). A great center would do so much for both our run game and help Kolb out. Our offense would be looking real good for next season if we can plug in an above average C.
              I am a huge fan of Pouncey. I'm right there with you, I can't say for sure who I want the most after Berry, but Pouncey is definitely in that #2 consideration with Wilson, Thomas, and Graham.

Comment

• Has anyone thought of packaging our seconds or or 2nd late pick with an early third to get another 19-26 pick then using our first and a fith or sixth to trade to atl or some in the 17 to 20 range this will allow us to get wilson maybe thomas or wilson pouncey or hade pouncey or weatherspoon and wilson then we would still have our early second to fill our line backer and other needs and same with our thirds

Here's my mock/priority list
                1 Kyle Wilson
                2a nate allen or darrly washington ( I say washington if he's there
                2b vlad ducaasse
                3a rennie curran
                3b ben tate ( or if no nate allen in the 2nd) chad jones ( love these two players)
                4 donald butler
                5 george selvie ( way overshadowed by jpp if I remember right he was said to be best devensive player going into 09 season

Players to thing about
                Blount
                D. Alexander
                G hardy
                J worlids
                M burnett

Tell me what you all think ill prob get some hate towards all the lb love but we need play makers

Comment

• How much confidence do you guys have in Demps and Macho as the starters at safety next season? Just curious... I personally loved Macho as a prospect
                  Cowboys Mock:
                  1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                  2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                  3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by colide View Post
                    Has anyone thought of packaging our seconds or or 2nd late pick with an early third to get another 19-26 pick then using our first and a fith or sixth to trade to atl or some in the 17 to 20 range this will allow us to get wilson maybe thomas or wilson pouncey or hade pouncey or weatherspoon and wilson then we would still have our early second to fill our line backer and other needs and same with our thirds

1 Kyle Wilson
                    2b vlad ducaasse
                    3a rennie curran
                    3b ben tate ( or if no nate allen in the 2nd) chad jones ( love these two players)
                    4 donald butler
                    5 george selvie ( way overshadowed by jpp if I remember right he was said to be best devensive player going into 09 season

Players to thing about
                    Blount
                    D. Alexander
                    G hardy
                    J worlids
                    M burnett

Tell me what you all think ill prob get some hate towards all the lb love but we need play makers
                    Welcome to the forum...Eagles have a ton of picks and its highly unlikely they use all 12. What I see them doing, is trading for picks next year.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
                      Welcome to the forum...Eagles have a ton of picks and its highly unlikely they use all 12. What I see them doing, is trading for picks next year.
                      Thanks this is like the only forum without pennstate fan boys saying get bowman in the second and lee in the first

And I believe the same thing that's why i had like a priority list and its all changed now since we got ernie sims like an hour ago

So more corners and line mane will be coming and most likely a wide out and rb to

Benn tate baby

Comment

• By the way what is your number one sleeper in this draft mine is
                        Kevin Basped

Defensive End | Nevada | JR

Kid is a freak 6ft 4 26s
                        Every season he's recorded 10 sacks and 50 tackles with and avg of 14 tkls for loss
                        Look him up guys

Comment

Thanks this is like the only forum without pennstate fan boys saying get bowman in the second and lee in the first

And I believe the same thing that's why i had like a priority list and its all changed now since we got ernie sims like an hour ago

So more corners and line mane will be coming and most likely a wide out and rb to

Benn tate baby
                          Can't say I know much about him, but he seems to be one of those guys that is projected to go late but someone might take a chance on him much earlier than expected, a la Bryan Smith.

Comment

Has anyone thought of packaging our seconds or or 2nd late pick with an early third to get another 19-26 pick then using our first and a fith or sixth to trade to atl or some in the 17 to 20 range this will allow us to get wilson maybe thomas or wilson pouncey or hade pouncey or weatherspoon and wilson then we would still have our early second to fill our line backer and other needs and same with our thirds

1 Kyle Wilson
                            2b vlad ducaasse
                            3a rennie curran
                            4 donald butler

Players to thing about
                            Blount
                            D. Alexander
                            G hardy
                            J worlids
                            M burnett

I have thought about it as well, combining the second rounders for another first and possibly getting two of the top targets, however, I find it less likelythan using 24 and other picks to move up. Its something to consider though. I'm not a fan of Chad Jones unless it is to be the backup SS, he doesn't have enough range to be a true playmaker for the Eagles. A SLB prospect is to be considered as you said, and if Tate was available at the end of the third, I would have no problems with that pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                              I have thought about it as well, combining the second rounders for another first and possibly getting two of the top targets, however, I find it less likelythan using 24 and other picks to move up. Its something to consider though. I'm not a fan of Chad Jones unless it is to be the backup SS, he doesn't have enough range to be a true playmaker for the Eagles. A SLB prospect is to be considered as you said, and if Tate was available at the end of the third, I would have no problems with that pick.
                              I'm switching chad jones with morgan brunett kids got talent and I believe there is a shot that tate might fall to us

Comment

• With so much talk about moving up, one position you guys aren't talking about moving up for is Cb. Haden could be there around 10-14. Berry is one hell of a prospect and I expect someone to take him in the top 10. With Haden's slow time he is gonna drop just a bit, but like Jenkins last year was still drafted pretty high. The Eagles could make a move for Haden.

And don't forget the amount of depth there is for second round safeties, Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett, Chad Jones, Larry Asante, Reshad Jones, and the amount of safeties the Eagles have as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information