No announcement yet.

2010 Eagles Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No thank you to Spikes or Kindle. Weatherspoon or McClain for me. Best two lbs in the class. Kindle's more of a 3-4 olb anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
      No thank you to Spikes or Kindle. Weatherspoon or McClain for me. Best two lbs in the class. Kindle's more of a 3-4 olb anyways.
      Weatherspoon at Will, Witherspoon at MLB, Bradley at SLB is what you're thinking?

Comment

To be honest, I'd be pretty happy with Jordan - Witherspoon - Bradley at LB. I want to go DE or DB in the 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
          Is LE really the answer? I think we get a solid amount of pressure from there, but granted they are aging.

I think the problem comes from our DT's. They're monsters at stopping run and they occasionally push the pocket, but I want to see a more consistent pass rush from our DT's.

Supposedly this is a deep CB class, so I doubt we get one 1st round.

If Gocong doesnt resign, we may see Brandon Spikes as an Eagle.
          Luckily the team is in a position that their first round pick doesn't have to be "the answer", and haven't had that since McNabb was drafted. I personally think the secondary and even the OL may be bigger needs, depending how things pan out with the Andrews brothers. This may be a deep CB class, but the team values them highly and if they feel the value is there, they'll take one. Keep in mind as well that LB is not high on their value chart either, and with players who can potentially fill that spot in, I find it more likely they address it later in the draft.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

RT is another need too with Andrews' career in jeopardy and Justice still unproven. I know Justice has played much better this season and we just gave him a nice extension, but we should draft a RT for depth if anything. Right guard could also become a need with Stacy Andrews sucking and MJG set to become a free agent. Should be able to pick up a nice guard in the middle rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
              RT is another need too with Andrews' career in jeopardy and Justice still unproven. I know Justice has played much better this season and we just gave him a nice extension, but we should draft a RT for depth if anything. Right guard could also become a need with Stacy Andrews sucking and MJG set to become a free agent. Should be able to pick up a nice guard in the middle rounds.
              Agreed. Though if we keep MJG I think it'd be less of a need. One, its less holes to fill, and two, it'd mean the team has confidence in him as the future...

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                And push Bradley back to the strong side?

If we're going to go LB, I want...

1. Sergio Kindle. Would allow Bradley to stay in the middle.
                1a. Rolando McClain. If you want a MLB to push Bradley to SLB, he's the guy.
                I would love if we take Sergio Kindle, but not to play him at LB. The only reason he's ever listed as a LB prospect is because he is a prototypical 3-4 pass rushing LB. However, I think he would make a very good DE in a 4-3 defense. I know he has a pretty low sack total this year but he's gotten over 25 pressures and is always in the backfield. He is immensely strong, and a great athlete. A DE tandem of Kindle and Cole would be incredible.

If we were to take Rolo I'd also be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                  I would love if we take Sergio Kindle, but not to play him at LB. The only reason he's ever listed as a LB prospect is because he is a prototypical 3-4 pass rushing LB. However, I think he would make a very good DE in a 4-3 defense. I know he has a pretty low sack total this year but he's gotten over 25 pressures and is always in the backfield. He is immensely strong, and a great athlete. A DE tandem of Kindle and Cole would be incredible.

If we were to take Rolo I'd also be happy.
                  McClain>>>>>>Kindle and it's not even close. I mean they're two completely different players. Like you said Kindle is strictly a 4-3 end or 3-4 OLB and McClain is a MLB. McClain is a beast and should go in the top 10 and could potentially have a Patrick Willis like impact for some team, whereas Kindle will likely at this point could drop out of the first round and if he is taken in the first round it will be based strictly on physical ability. Imo I would only spend a high pick on him if I planned on playing him at 3-4 OLB where he is best suited. Last year he was a beast player LB for Texas and this year he's struggled with the move to DE.

Comment

Id love McClain or Weatherspoon, but is the team going to view the LB corp as that big of a need? I personally say no, though if McClain fell a good ways to us, which I don't see happening, they may just pull the trigger.

Comment

LB is really not that big of a need for the Birds. Bradley, Jordan, and Withersppon should be that starters next year, with Gaither, Fokou, and Tracy White as solid backups. DE, FS, and CB are bigger needs. The Eagles are in a position to take the best defenssive player that falls to them, keeping in mind that DE and FS are more important.

Comment

DE is pretty deep this year, FS is really deep this year, and CB is pretty weak this year.

What about Earl Thomas at FS?

Comment

Ya, Earl Thomas and Nate Allen will definately be highly considered if they fall to us. Thomas has great ball skills and Allen is a solid overall player. Lots of DE that could fall like Dunlap, Griffen, Hardy, or Brandon Graham.

Comment

Thomas would be a beast for us, but I'm not so sure he'll declare.

Comment

Originally posted by eagles6606 View Post
                              LB is really not that big of a need for the Birds. Bradley, Jordan, and Withersppon should be that starters next year, with Gaither, Fokou, and Tracy White as solid backups. DE, FS, and CB are bigger needs. The Eagles are in a position to take the best defenssive player that falls to them, keeping in mind that DE and FS are more important.
                              you just named a bunch of linebackers, now look at it closer. It seems you don't know there are 3 different linebacker positions, each require a unique skill set, there is the WLB (Weakside), MLB and SLB (strongside). In that group you just named there are 3 WLB, 2 MLB and 1 SLB and I feel like you should know that Omar Gaither is out the door this season because he is a free agent.

So that leaves the Eagles with a depth chart that looks like this:
                              WLB: Will Witherspoon, Akeem Jordan, Tracy White
                              MLB: Stewart Bradley
                              SLB: Moise Fokou

Now I ask you are you comfortable with that? Are you comfortable with having Fokou a second year 7th round pick who is about 235 pounds taking the starting SLB spot? I like Fokou, he is intense and he is energetic and he is good in coverage but are we really ready to start him much less put all the eggs in the figurative basket and have him be the only SLB on the roster?

Not only that but are we going to leave Stewart Bradley as the only MLB when he is coming off of knee surgery?

The Eagles should draft two linebackers, a SLB and a MLB.

At this point I really think the Eagles should draft either Eric Norwood or AJ Edds to play SLB and Micah Johnson to play MLB.

Comment

It would likely be:

WLB-Jordan
                                MLB-Witherspoon
                                SLB-Bradley

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information