No announcement yet.

2010 Eagles Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I really want either Derrick Morgan, Everson Griffen or Greg Rosmeus at DE.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
      It would likely be:

WLB-Jordan
      MLB-Witherspoon
      SLB-Bradley
      But why move Bradley to SLB? He is a MLB and he was on the verge of being one of the best in the NFL and now you want to impede his progress by switching his spot again?

Comment

I agree, but unless we re-sign Gocong or sign/draft another SLB we may not have any other choice.

Comment

Keep Bradley in the middle and move either Jordan or Witherspoon to the strong side

Comment

I agree, but unless we re-sign Gocong or sign/draft another SLB we may not have any other choice.
            Gocong can walk. No need to waste cap space.

Comment

Gocong will not be back

Comment

Originally posted by eagles6606 View Post
                Keep Bradley in the middle and move either Jordan or Witherspoon to the strong side
                HORRIBLE idea in real life, great idea in Madden. See the thing is, the SLB in the Eagles system is essentially a 3-4 OLB, they're forced to take on blockers and they do a lot of dirty work which is why guys like Gocong and Carlos Emmons have manned the spot in the past, they're big enough to take on blockers and they're grade A run stuffers (Gocong used to be) essentially they're the battering ram of the defense. Now the question is do you really want to put Jordan and Witherspoon at that position? Because both are very athletic and quick and are much better suited to be in space rather than be put in with the big boys on the strong side and take on the run and blockers all game.

Comment

Gocong is such a waste, he has lost his starting job this season to a 7th round rookie and a combination of Tracy White and Akeem Jordan who come in on some plays at SLB. Let him leave, he didn't even get on the stat sheet against San Francisco and he is barely out tackling Asante Samuel at this point. Waste. of. space.

Comment

I want more of a project player at LE who has a high ceiling. Someone like Clifton Geathers would be ideal. Huge frame, good measurables, and alright college production. This is also ideal so we dont have to use our 1st and we can use that on a more pressing need. Its not like Jaqua Parker and Darren Howard have not been doing an adequate job.

Free safety in our defense is a position that you can plug a player into and expect alright production. Look what we did with Macho Harris. So the question is do we use a 1st on a player that drops for a position that isnt that valuable to the Eagles?

Chris Gocong is on his way out of the door, and I dont mind it. I dont like his coverage ability, hes not all that athletic, and he supposed to be a great pass rusher but I dont get to see it ever in the defense he plays in. Bring in somebody who can cover the TE.

I know I've brought up the idea of drafting Brandon Spikes, moving him to SLB or moving Bradley to SLB and Witherspoon to WLB. Maybe we can get Spikes in the 2nd, but hes a questionable 1st.

Please note that Karlos Dansby, Thomas Howard, and some others will be a free agent. http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/fa/lb.html We have a lot of cap room so I would prefer one of these guys.

Oline is going to be addressed somewhat early. If someone like Anthony Davis falls to us in the first, I expect Andy Reid to draft them.

I've been saying that we need a dominant, pass rushing DT opposite of Broderick Bunkley. This class is pretty deep as well. If Allen Bailey declares, you will only hear me say his name in the 1st round.

I dont think Cornelius Ingram is going to come back from his injury well. I'm really nervous about this position because its an awkward one. The only TE I would want us drafting is also coming off a major knee injury. There are also a lot of good TE FA's coming up.

One thing I definitely dont want to see is a WR coming off the board early for us. Not because its not necessarily a need, but because hopefully we will be in the AJ Green, Julio Jones, DeAndre Brown, etc sweepstakes.

CB is a good place to draft, but this is such a weak CB class. I dont think anyone would be worth it.

All in all, I kind of hope we trade out of the first if there isnt a player that can start immediately for us. And just about no player in the draft can do that. I think two 1st rounders next year will be better.
                    Last edited by superman8456; 12-22-2009, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                      I want more of a project player at LE who has a high ceiling. Someone like Clifton Geathers would be ideal. Huge frame, good measurables, and alright college production. This is also ideal so we dont have to use our 1st and we can use that on a more pressing need. Its not like Jaqua Parker and Darren Howard have not been doing an adequate job.

Free safety in our defense is a position that you can plug a player into and expect alright production. Look what we did with Macho Harris. So the question is do we use a 1st on a player that drops for a position that isnt that valuable to the Eagles?

Chris Gocong is on his way out of the door, and I dont mind it. I dont like his coverage ability, hes not all that athletic, and he supposed to be a great pass rusher but I dont get to see it ever in the defense he plays in. Bring in somebody who can cover the TE.

I know I've brought up the idea of drafting Brandon Spikes, moving him to SLB or moving Bradley to SLB and Witherspoon to WLB. Maybe we can get Spikes in the 2nd, but hes a questionable 1st.

Please note that Karlos Dansby, Thomas Howard, and some others will be a free agent. http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/fa/lb.html We have a lot of cap room so I would prefer one of these guys.

Oline is going to be addressed somewhat early. If someone like Anthony Davis falls to us in the first, I expect Andy Reid to draft them.

I've been saying that we need a dominant, pass rushing DT opposite of Broderick Bunkley. This class is pretty deep as well. If Allen Bailey declares, you will only hear me say his name in the 1st round.

I dont think Cornelius Ingram is going to come back from his injury well. I'm really nervous about this position because its an awkward one. The only TE I would want us drafting is also coming off a major knee injury. There are also a lot of good TE FA's coming up.

One thing I definitely dont want to see is a WR coming off the board early for us. Not because its not necessarily a need, but because hopefully we will be in the AJ Green, Julio Jones, DeAndre Brown, etc sweepstakes.

CB is a good place to draft, but this is such a weak CB class. I dont think anyone would be worth it.

All in all, I kind of hope we trade out of the first if there isnt a player that can start immediately for us. And just about no player in the draft can do that. I think two 1st rounders next year will be better.
                      I hope not, because that would mean we are picking in the top 5 of that draft. AJ Green is the truth.

Comment

Well with Green, Jones, Baldwin, Floyd, etc... all expected to declare next year we should be able to get one of them with our first pick. Any one of those guys to go along with Djax and Maclin would be unstoppable.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                          I hope not, because that would mean we are picking in the top 5 of that draft. AJ Green is the truth.
                          I kind of got to that at the bottom of my post. I see no one of great value or that we have to have, outside of some major draft day falls, which could leave us trading out of the 1st to gain extra picks or have two 1sts the next year.

If Brandon Graham, Anthony Davis, and Derrick Morgan fell to us, I wouldnt mind using our 1st.

Maybe with the two 1sts next year we could get one of those nice WR's and Patrick Peterson.

Comment

Eric Norwood would be a great fit at SLB for us.

Comment

Eric Norwood would be a great fit at SLB for us.
                              Probably is going to get taken by a 34 team.

Honestly, I think we are going to be appealing to free agents, so dont be surprised if we make a couple splashes in free agency.

Comment

FS is a HUGE need mainly to get Macho off the field, that piece of **** nearly handed the Broncos the game on his own.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information