No announcement yet.

2010 Eagles Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about new offensive coordinator, one that yells at Reid WTF are you doing?

Comment

My safety wishlist now goes in this order:
      1. Earl Thomas
      2. Morgan Burnett
      3. Chad Jones

Earl Thomas is a more refined version of Burnett and Chad Jones is a fantastic athlete and has a ton of potential, probably more than any other safety in the draft, but he is a project and probably a SS.

Comment

Thomas is a beast, Burnett sucks and Chad Jones is a great athlete, but he's a project.

As for a new OC, I'd be fine letting Morningwheg go.

Comment

Thomas Eagles probably won't land without moving up. A few teams in front need a safety, one being the Giants. But that could help by having Mays fall or one of the DEs

Comment

I hope the Eagles trade out of the 1st. What would we use that pick on?
            DE- No point in using the pick here if Brandon Graham, Greg Romeus, Derrick Morgan are all off the board.
            CB- No one really talented enough that deserves this spot. Sure, players are going to move up because of the weak class, but no need in wasting the pick.
            G- Mike Iupati would be understandable. I wouldn't really complain about it, but I would ask why we still have Stacy Andrews and Max Jean Gilles?
            FS- If Mays takes a tumble, he could be an obvious pick. I don't think Earl Thomas is going to last to us, but you never know. No other S is worth the risk/reward of a 1st.
            LB- Sean Weatherspoon is pretty tempting, but he doesn't fill the SLB need. Then again, the coaches seem to be very impressed by Moise Fokou. Akeem Jordan has played well, and so has Tracy White. We have good depth along the LB corp except SLB.

If we can get two 1st round picks next year that would be great. Imagine if we were able to get an AJ Green with Patrick Peterson combo.
            I want more of a project LDE as well. I feel like Jaqua Parker does an adequate job and we have time to coach up a player. A very athletic, big, high ceiling type player.

Comment

I agree, but I'd rather trade up than down. We have the picks to make it happen too.

Comment

I'm actually not as high on Earl Thomas as I was on Michael Griffin in 07 (I wanted him bad) but I will be very happy with Thomas this year.

Comment

What do we do about DT? Keep the guys we have?

Bunkley has been solid and has earned his paycheck. That Dixon kid showed some promise during the Cowboys game. Patterson was inconsistent. Trevor Laws is just plain bad.

Comment

I want Dixon to have a much larger role, the guy has so much potential, I sat there and watched the defense get gashed for 2 straight games and I noticed that typically when the run was stuffed big #64 was in there, I remember screaming at the TV "PUT DIXON IN!" and then the next play I see Dixon tackle a RB for a loss with a blocker in his back, he overpowered the Cowboys LG.

And right now I think the Eagles should address DE first because having a great DE could do a lot to cover the FS in the passing game, the guy who I want the most is Derrick Morgan but his stock is through the roof right now and the other guy I want is Greg Romeus and he is going back to school.

Comment

• Clifton Geathers, if he declares, is my pick. He is BIG, with good athleticism. He is 6'8 and really impressed me against Florida. I think we need to get bigger along the defensive line.

Comment

• Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                        Clifton Geathers, if he declares, is my pick. He is BIG, with good athleticism. He is 6'8 and really impressed me against Florida. I think we need to get bigger along the defensive line.
                        Ehh... IDK about him I see a ton of Calias Campell in him and that isn't a good thing. I'm all for size but at 6'8" he is going to struggle with cut blocks, he is going to have bad leverage and he probably won't be a huge force in the run game due to those factors amongst others. And he has character issues, he hasn't been productive and there are a ton of red flags with this guy. Plus personally I don't think he fits the system, the Eagles drop ends into coverage often and they use them in the joker role where they play linebacker and Geathers simply can't do that. I think his best role will be as a 3-4 DE, like Campell.

Comment

• 1. Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
                          2. Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan
                          3. Kurt Coleman, S, Ohio State
                          4. Stafon Johnson, RB, USC
                          5. Vince Oghobaase, DT, Duke
                          6. Zoltan Mesko, P, Michigan

Success!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                            1. Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
                            2. Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan
                            3. Kurt Coleman, S, Ohio State
                            4. Stafon Johnson, RB, USC
                            5. Vince Oghobaase, DT, Duke
                            6. Zoltan Mesko, P, Michigan

Success!
                            I disagree with the the 4th and 5th players 1) they didnt go to Michigan
                            2) they dont play in the big ten

Im shocked to see an OSU player in this

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• I'm a PSU fan, and I would be pumped if we got Graham and Warren 1-2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                                I'm a PSU fan, and I would be pumped if we got Graham and Warren 1-2.
                                I honestly wouldn't. There would be no immediate impact from either of those guys. I want someone who will come in and be a contributer from day 1. Warren would be, at best, our dime corner. Graham may be a starter on day 1, but thats still questionable. Jaqua Parker has not been playing bad football.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information