No announcement yet.

2010 Eagles Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A guy to look out for maybe in the 4-5 round range for strong side Lb is AJ Edds. Guy that doesn't have anything that stands out, but does everything well and makes very little mistakes.

Comment

• If Terrence Cody is around at our 2nd-3rd round pick, I would be pissed if we didn't take him. Cody would bring much better run defending than Patterson gives us, and virtually the same pass rush. We would have one of the better run defenses in the league wth him.

Edit: this is probably just my frustration still talking
      Last edited by superman8456; 01-26-2010, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Nah, I think Dixon is fine.

Comment

• The Eagles love measurables, its official.

Looking back at the Eagles draft history I should've known it, I mean McNabb was a freak at QB, Corey Simon ran a 4.82 at 300 pounds, Freddie Mitchell was a fast guy at 6' 185 pounds with low 4.4 speed, Lito Sheppard was a speedy corner, Jerome McDougle ran a 4.64 at 265 pounds, Shawn Andrews was a monstrous OT who was unbelievably powerful, Mike Patterson was nicknamed Baby Sapp for his quickness, Bunkley was a freak of nature, DeSean was super fast and Jeremy Maclin was another speedster. And it doesn't stop there, LJ Smith, Matt Ware, Matt McCoy, Chris Gocong, Winston Justice, Max Jean-Giles, Rashard Barksdale, Trevor Laws, Bryan Smith, Andy Studebaker, King Dunlap the list goes on and on, Andy Reid continuously takes freaks athletically, taking size on the offensive line, size and speed in the defensive backfield, speed at receiver and quickness on the defensive line. The trend even continued into free agency with signings of TO, Jevon Kearse, Chris Clemons, Stacy Andrews and a trade for Jason Peters. One things has become quite clear the Eagles love athletes.

So I guess judging all the traits the Eagles like in their players I really shouldn't be the least bit surprised at who they're checking out at the senior bowl.

The Eagles, according to Les Bowen, are taking a long hard look at Taylor Mays. which fits the trend of size and speed in the defensive backfield.
          Scott Wright says the Eagles talked to George Selvie who certainly fits the trend of quickness on the defensive line.
          Chris Steuber says the Eagles had a meeting with Dexter McCluster which would certainly fit the trend of speed at WR.
          Other sources have noted Eagles meeting with both Justin Cole and Lagarette Blount and it should be noted both are freaks, Cole is 245+ pounds and figures to run in the high 4.5s and Blount is a 245 pound RB who is incredibly athletic for his size.

Next thing you know we're going to be hearing that the Eagles are in love with Vladamir Duccasse, Jacoby Ford and Myron Rolle.

PS- Myron Rolle and Taylor Mays are growing on me a little bit, Rolle because he is a physical in the box safety that can stuff the run and he is incredibly intelligent and could potentially manage the defense during his career and Mays because part of me wonders what Sean McDermott could do with him, if everything went right he could mold Mays into a great S especially in the Eagles system where the FS does a lot of blitzing and attacking.

Comment

• And in addition the Eagles have reportedly been talking to Jared Odrick, again fitting the quickness inside trend. The Eagles have also been looking at Jarrett Brown out of West Virginia who certainly fits the athletic QB trend and is possibly a Vick replacement. Two things that I don't think fit the trends are the Eagles looking at DT Dan Williams which would suggest the Eagles aren't happy with the current run defense, does this mean a Bunkley move to UT and Patterson being kept as a back-up? Or is it just due diligence on the Eagles part. Personally I really like Williams and would love it if he was picked in the second, but I doubt he gets there. And the Eagles were looking at Jeremy Williams out of Tulane a guy who profiles as a slot guy or back-up in the Eagles system.

EDIT: Add Nate Allen to the list, size: check. speed: check. He fits the trend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
              It wouldn't hurt to take a flyer on Blount in the mid/late rounds.
              Originally posted by Thumper View Post
              The Eagles love measurables, its official.

Other sources have noted Eagles meeting with both Justin Cole and Lagarette Blount and it should be noted both are freaks, Cole is 245+ pounds and figures to run in the high 4.5s and Blount is a 245 pound RB who is incredibly athletic for his size.
              I would welcome the Mays pick. Not sure if he'll be available where we're picking, but he's a great fit for our system. As for Odrick, I would like to avoid Penn St. linemen at all costs.

Comment

• Mike Iupati is says that he met with Jaun Castillo and Iupati liked what he heard from Castillo and Castillo was reportedly very impressed with him. He would certainly fit the Eagles trend of big guards who can pull and are overpowering in the run game.

Comment

• I would welcome Odrick for the right price.

I dont know how I would feel about Iupati. I would love that we got one of the best players in the draft, but it would make me wonder our plans for Max Jean Gilles, Stacy, Nick Cole, etc. If we would could trade back 2 or 3 spots and then take Iupati I would be much happier and then maybe take Maurkice Pouncey in the 2nd. That would be a good for us.

Sean Weatherspoon at SLB? Food for thought for me.

Comment

• Pouncey is going to go late first, the guy is the best center prospect I can remember, he is better than LeCharles Bentley, Chris Spencer, Jason Brown, Nick Mangold and Alex Mack. I can't tell you guys about him enough, the guy has the size to handle any NT in the NFL one on one, the power to move his man off the line, the quickness to get to the second level, the agility to mirror any UT in the NFL. And he is versatile, with the capability of playing C, LG, RG or RT. In addition to his physical tools, he showed the awareness and intelligence at Florida.

The Eagles RG situation is questionable, one decent player in Nick Cole, two underachievers in Max Jean-Giles and Stacy Andrews and one HUGE question mark in Shawn Andrews.

No way Weatherspoon is a SLB in the Eagles scheme.

Comment

• Iupati is great value where we're picking. MJG and Cole are nothing more than backups and Stacy Andrews just flat out sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                        Pouncey is going to go late first, the guy is the best center prospect I can remember, he is better than LeCharles Bentley, Chris Spencer, Jason Brown, Nick Mangold and Alex Mack. I can't tell you guys about him enough, the guy has the size to handle any NT in the NFL one on one, the power to move his man off the line, the quickness to get to the second level, the agility to mirror any UT in the NFL. And he is versatile, with the capability of playing C, LG, RG or RT. In addition to his physical tools, he showed the awareness and intelligence at Florida.
                        Lol Pouncey won't go first round and he is not this amazing prospect you make him out to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                          Lol Pouncey won't go first round and he is not this amazing prospect you make him out to be.
                          Yes he is, he is one of the best if not the best center prospects of the decade and lately centers have gone late first, Charles Spencer, Nick Mangold, Alex Mack and Eric Wood for example.

And he isn't a good prospect? He is the second best interior lineman after Iupati in this draft, personally I think it is a 1A and 1B kind of deal depending on whether you need a OG or a C, and that is fairly easy to figure out. The guy was the best center in the nation this season, he anchored the offensive line for the Gators and he was a dominating center for a dominating run game. He stands at 6'5" and 318 pounds and ran a 5.08 at last years' Florida pro day. And I'm not just pulling this versatility thing out of thin air like people are doing with Iupati, Pouncey actually started his entire freshman season at RT.

And I'd just like to point out that I'm not the only one who thinks this, Wes Bunting says "Pouncey not only looks like the nationís top center prospect, he grades out as one of the draftís top overall talents in my opinion. He has the makings of someone capable of winning a starting job in training camp and eventually developing into one of the leagueís top centers." and Mike Mayock has him ranked as the drafts second interior offensive lineman behind only Iupati. And I know for a fact that every single decent talent evaluator has him as the drafts top rated center, Scott does. And who will jump over him in the rankings along the interior of the offensive line? The only two I would even consider ranking above him are two tackles, Anthony Davis and Vladamir Duccasse if they make the move to OG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                            Yes he is, he is one of the best if not the best center prospects of the decade and lately centers have gone late first, Charles Spencer, Nick Mangold, Alex Mack and Eric Wood for example.

And he isn't a good prospect? He is the second best interior lineman after Iupati in this draft, personally I think it is a 1A and 1B kind of deal depending on whether you need a OG or a C, and that is fairly easy to figure out. The guy was the best center in the nation this season, he anchored the offensive line for the Gators and he was a dominating center for a dominating run game. He stands at 6'5" and 318 pounds and ran a 5.08 at last years' Florida pro day. And I'm not just pulling this versatility thing out of thin air like people are doing with Iupati, Pouncey actually started his entire freshman season at RT.

And I'd just like to point out that I'm not the only one who thinks this, Wes Bunting says "Pouncey not only looks like the nationís top center prospect, he grades out as one of the draftís top overall talents in my opinion. He has the makings of someone capable of winning a starting job in training camp and eventually developing into one of the leagueís top centers." and Mike Mayock has him ranked as the drafts second interior offensive lineman behind only Iupati. And I know for a fact that every single decent talent evaluator has him as the drafts top rated center, Scott does. And who will jump over him in the rankings along the interior of the offensive line? The only two I would even consider ranking above him are two tackles, Anthony Davis and Vladamir Duccasse if they make the move to OG.
                            He may be the top ranked center, but he is far from an elite prospect and the top center of the decade. Not only that, but we have a bunch of areas that need to be addressed before center.

Comment

• I do not see C as a need espically with JJ, Nick Cole and McGlynn I would love Iupati because from what I heard he is like Jon Runyan a Big Mauler with a mean streak which I really think is missing from this line.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• I don't see center as a dire need. We have significantly bigger needs elsewhere. In my opinion, our biggest needs are...

1. Free safety
                                2. Defensive end
                                3. Cornerback
                                4. Running back
                                5. Guard
                                6. Punter

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information