Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy jeez, this is getting juicy.

The Eagles young players look to KOLB for advice not McNabb

Rotoworld is reporting the same thing. The source is Howard Eskin who works on WIP and NBC Philadelphia, a fairly reliable source if you ask me.

If that is in fact true, it makes it so much easier to get rid of McNabb and it fully supports my idea that Kolb is going to be a better leader because he has more mental fortitude and won't choke clutch games away. The more you think about it, Kolb isn't just the next Feeley, Kolb is a leader, he is the first QB in NFL history to put up 300 yards in both of his first starts, he is more intelligent, has a better arm, is more agile etc. etc. Kolb is the real deal and I growing more and more anxious for the Kolb era to start maybe this story will force the Eagles hand and make them choose sooner, Kolb or McNabb? Because the Eagles are going to have to be very vague and say "Their both great leaders" and the Kolb story will continue on. They'll have to say "That is completely false" and insult Kolb or they'll have to admit it is true and make some BS excuse why and insult McNabb.

And this would also support the idea that dealing McNabb would help the offensive weapons grow because now the guy giving them the advice will be the one throwing them the ball. And if it is true, this is almost flat out saying that DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Brent Celek and LeSean McCoy respect Kolb more. And can you blame them? DeSean Jackson had 250 yards, 10 catches and 2 touchdowns with Kolb at QB and Brent Celek had 16 catches, 208 yards and 1 touchdown both of which were better than any two game stretch with McNabb at QB and after watching McNabb flail against the Cowboys the biggest rivals 3 games in a row what are they supposed to think?

Comment

I fail to believe Kolb will be better than McNabb will be going forward but this looks like a mini Favre-Rodgers situation where a team may have to go with the young calf over the old bull.

Comment

Kolb isn't that good though, Rodgers is a stud.
        Originally posted by SNIPER26
        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
          Kolb isn't that good though, Rodgers is a stud.
          We didn't know Rodgers was a stud until he was given a chance to start.

Comment

The coaching staff knew he was a stud.
            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Point is, Rodgers played sparingly here and there, and he didn't even throw any picks, and had some nice games.

Kolb has had like a 1 nice game a bunch of WTF's. Before the Eagles lost in the playoffs, the reason they were going to beat the Saints was because "Kolb made them lose", now McNabb is the reason, haha.

Comment

I find it amusing that people think Kevin Kolb is good because he threw for a lot of yards against a team that was basically playing prevent defense the whole game (and still threw three picks) and the Chiefs. Give me a ******* break. Kolb is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                  Holy jeez, this is getting juicy.

The Eagles young players look to KOLB for advice not McNabb

Rotoworld is reporting the same thing. The source is Howard Eskin who works on WIP and NBC Philadelphia, a fairly reliable source if you ask me.

If that is in fact true, it makes it so much easier to get rid of McNabb and it fully supports my idea that Kolb is going to be a better leader because he has more mental fortitude and won't choke clutch games away. The more you think about it, Kolb isn't just the next Feeley, Kolb is a leader, he is the first QB in NFL history to put up 300 yards in both of his first starts, he is more intelligent, has a better arm, is more agile etc. etc. Kolb is the real deal and I growing more and more anxious for the Kolb era to start maybe this story will force the Eagles hand and make them choose sooner, Kolb or McNabb? Because the Eagles are going to have to be very vague and say "Their both great leaders" and the Kolb story will continue on. They'll have to say "That is completely false" and insult Kolb or they'll have to admit it is true and make some BS excuse why and insult McNabb.

And this would also support the idea that dealing McNabb would help the offensive weapons grow because now the guy giving them the advice will be the one throwing them the ball. And if it is true, this is almost flat out saying that DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Brent Celek and LeSean McCoy respect Kolb more. And can you blame them? DeSean Jackson had 250 yards, 10 catches and 2 touchdowns with Kolb at QB and Brent Celek had 16 catches, 208 yards and 1 touchdown both of which were better than any two game stretch with McNabb at QB and after watching McNabb flail against the Cowboys the biggest rivals 3 games in a row what are they supposed to think?
                  Do you truly believe the crap that just came out of your mouth or is this some kind of hoax?

Comment

If that is in fact true, it makes it so much easier to get rid of McNabb and it fully supports my idea that Kolb is going to be a better leader because he has more mental fortitude and won't choke clutch games away.
                    You've been able to judge this on two games?

The more you think about it, Kolb isn't just the next Feeley, Kolb is a leader,
                    Holy God, you're serious.

he is the first QB in NFL history to put up 300 yards in both of his first starts
                    51 attempts (3 picks including one pick-six), and...

he is more intelligent, has a better arm, is more agile etc. etc.
                    ...which brings me to my next point. DON'T DO CRACK!

51 attempts (3 picks including one pick-six), and...

Seriously...arguably the dumbest post in this Eagles forum's history. You've outdone yourself.

Comment

Kolb is good though, he struggled when he wasn't prepared (Baltimore, Carolina) but he lit it up when he was able to practice with the starters for two weeks, he was the first ever QB to throw for 300 yards in hist first 2 starts, throwing for 718 yards in two starts and also throwing 4 touchdowns while hitting his target 64.5 percent of the time. He had one real interception and it was not seeing a LB in the flat on a quick pass, the other 2 came in the 4th quarter of the Saints game on hail mary passes.

Kolb is the total package, he has the arm strength, the accuracy, intelligence, leadership, footwork, toughness, pocket presence etc. etc. the only thing with him is that he came out of a really weird system and would've taken time to adjust to the NFL and it is 4 years later and he has learned the ins and outs of the NFL while learning the scheme. The only problem I can foresee is that he forces things, in earlier relief efforts for McNabb, Kolb would really try and gun throws into small windows and he paid the price throwing interceptions but in two games this season he showed that he is capable of overcoming this problem.

I know most of you will call homer on me, but just look at these scouting reports.

And since I know you all respect Scott Wright I will show you his:
                      Strengths:
                      Arm strength is more than adequate and he has a very quick release...Strong and has a solid build...Protects the ball and has a good career TD / INT ratio...Durable and has a lot of experience...Solid athlete who can run a little and hurt defenses with his feet...Has everything you look for from an intangibles standpoint in terms of leadership, brains and work ethic...Extremely productive throughout his career.
                      Weaknesses:
                      Does not have the ideal height that you look for...Passing numbers were inflated by playing in a passing system...Accuracy is dodgy, especially on deep balls...Gets too many passes batted down at the line...Worked mostly out of the shotgun...Is going to have to learn how to run a pro style offense and read defenses...Didn't always play against top competition...Mechanics and throwing motion need work.
                      Boom, three years in the league and that stuff is all corrected, he now knows how to play in an NFL system and his mechanics are corrected.

And as for his deep ball, I'd say it is serviceable.

Comment

First off Kolb is no Rivers or Rodgers. McNabb had statistically one of his best seasons ever as a starter this year. You can't pin the Dallas loss on him. It comes down to a combination injuries along the o-line catching up with us, and Dallas' defense just flat out outplaying our defense. They were getting constant pressure on McNabb and none of our receivers were getting open. Couple that with the fact that Morninwheg called a terrible game per usual(39 passing plays/10 running plays) and that's why we lost. Franchise QBs don't grow on trees and Kolb hasn't shown enough yet to just be handed the keys to a Cadillac.

Comment

Kolb is good though, he struggled when he wasn't prepared (Baltimore, Carolina) but he lit it up when he was able to practice with the starters for two weeks, he was the first ever QB to throw for 300 yards in hist first 2 starts, throwing for 718 yards in two starts and also throwing 4 touchdowns while hitting his target 64.5 percent of the time.
                          51 attempts, Chiefs.

He had one real interception and it was not seeing a LB in the flat on a quick pass, the other 2 came in the 4th quarter of the Saints game on hail mary passes.
                          Really? This was a hail mary?

3rd and 5 at NO 11 (No Huddle, Shotgun) K.Kolb pass short right intended for B.Celek INTERCEPTED by D.Sharper at NO 3. D.Sharper for 97 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
                          Kolb is the total package, he has the arm strength, the accuracy, intelligence, leadership, footwork, toughness, pocket presence etc. etc. the only thing with him is that he came out of a really weird system and would've taken time to adjust to the NFL and it is 4 years later and he has learned the ins and outs of the NFL while learning the scheme. The only problem I can foresee is that he forces things, in earlier relief efforts for McNabb, Kolb would really try and gun throws into small windows and he paid the price throwing interceptions but in two games this season he showed that he is capable of overcoming this problem.
                          This would be a funny if you weren't serious...

Boom, three years in the league and that stuff is all corrected, he now knows how to play in an NFL system and his mechanics are corrected.
                          Yes, we've seen that in a game where he threw against a prevent defense and...THE ******* CHIEFS.

And as for his deep ball, I'd say it is serviceable.
                          Great. One throw. Start the parade.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Passing numbers were inflated by playing in a passing system
                            Nope, nothing's changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                              Seriously...arguably the dumbest post in this Eagles forum's history. You've outdone yourself.
                              And you're defending McNabb? What the hell has he done? Against winning teams McNabb was a fantastic 3-5 and he choked in the most important games of the season. You just don't want change, McNabb can leave right now for all I care, the guy has done nothing but choke away nearly every big game in Eagles' history. His accuracy is some of the worst and sporadic in the NFL and his command of the team is obviously lacking.

Comment

Pass defense rankings...

New Orleans Saints

Yards per game- 25th
                                Yards per pass- 21st

Kansas City Chiefs

Yards per game- 30th
                                Yards per pass- 30th

Man, Kolb really lit up Darrelle Revis, Charles Woodson and Nnamdi Asomugha out there. ****, I'm sorry, Thumper. I can't believe I wasn't sold on Kolb. I mean, ZOMGZ FIRST QB EVER TO THROW FOR 300+ IN HIS FIRST TWO STARTS ZOMGZ ZOMGZ ROXORZ GR8TEST EVER!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information