No announcement yet.

Donovan Mccnab

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is so much fail in this thread that it actually makes me come back every time I see a new post.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      I'm about to defend two ND players in one day. I'm sorry, Michigan God.

7:1 TD:INT ratio, 8.76 ypa, 68% accuracy in a pro-style offense. What, exactly, is there not to like?

seems to me that Golden Tate has a lot to do with Clausen's success
      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Most of those throws could have been caught by a JV WR. It could also easily be switched around to say that Clausen had a lot to do with Tate's success.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          Most of those throws could have been caught by a JV WR. It could also easily be switched around to say that Clausen had a lot to do with Tate's success.
          I'm looking mostly at the longer throws. Tate has to make many adjustments on longer routs. Long ball accuracy was one of the major kisses of death to Brady Quinn.
          Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Comment

I really think we should keep McNabb, and at least let him play out his contract. How many other teams in the league have had more consistency from their QB for over a decade like us? While we haven't won any superbowls, McNabb definitely isn't fully responsible. For years it was because we didn't have enough playmakers on offense, and now our defense is our weakness. Right now I think McNabb is the better QB than Kevin Kolb and is the better answer for winning a superbowl next year.

I have always been a huge McNabb supporter, and would be very upset if they trade him. While Kolb is a great piece, we aren't a rebuilding team, just very young. Let McNabb play out his contract and get another shot at winning the Eagles their first superbowl. If that doesn't happen, than move on to Kolb.

Comment

Every single Eagles fan should read this article written by Tommy Lawlor.

http://www.scoutsnotebook.com/module...&p=11882#11882

It is a fantastic piece on who the Eagles should keep, McNabb or Kolb and pretty much everything is analyzed and all situations are accounted for.

This part stands out to me because I think alot of Eagles fans want to take the safe route and keep McNabb, they're scared of switching things up.
              The Eagles have a hard decision to make no matter how you look at it. There is risk involved. Drew Bledsoe was a sacred cow for the Pats back in 2001 when he got hurt. Tom Brady stepped in and never gave the job back. Drew had some success in Buffalo and Dallas, but wasn't a special QB anymore. Jim Kelly was a veteran QB in the mid 90s who started to lose his A-game. The Bills let go of him and gave the job to their young guy, Todd Collins. Todd sat for 2 years, prepping for his chance. He struggled as a starter and was off the team following that year. The Bills have been looking for a QB ever since. Getting rid of a franchise QB can be a dangerous thing, but other times it is the right thing to do.

Comment

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
                  Who said it is working? McNabb statistically had a good season but if you actually look at his play he had one of his worst seasons, a 45% completion rate in the redzone, 8 touchdowns and 5 interceptions on the six game win streak and was 13/35 in the second half of the final two regular season games. And his performance against Dallas was atrocious.

If it isn't broken already it is clearly starting to stutter and backfire.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                    Who said it is working? McNabb statistically had a good season but if you actually look at his play he had one of his worst seasons, a 45% completion rate in the redzone, 8 touchdowns and 5 interceptions on the six game win streak and was 13/35 in the second half of the final two regular season games. And his performance against Dallas was atrocious.

If it isn't broken already it is clearly starting to stutter and backfire.
                    Two words: play calling.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                      Two words: play calling.
                      Please elaborate. Playcalling has nothing to do with the fact that he is inaccurate and has happy feet.

Comment

Please elaborate. Playcalling has nothing to do with the fact that he is inaccurate and has happy feet.
                        Well when we pass 80% of the time it allows defenses to just blitz and play the pass which leads to McNabb being pressured and wide receivers being covered down field which leads to bad numbers.

Comment

How about the consistent deep routes someone kept calling against the dallas D? Even though they were not working.

Comment

Yeah the play calling sucked but we can't just say McNabb you're excused because Andy Reid calls too many pass plays, he is this supposed top QB in the NFL and he can't handle a pass heavy gameplan? Even after all these years? Bad playcalling still doesn't explain his horrible accuracy, happy feet, checkdowns etc. etc. and he had more than enough time the first time around, MORE than enough to make plays. Bad playcalling doesn't excuse all those times he didn't see Avant open or the time where he had a bad throw for Maclin and a couple times where he missed a wide open DeSean Jackson.

And did any of you actually read that?

Comment

I give you the the dirt balls and bad accuracy but you are making him seem like he is Jabust Russel.

I still think there is trade value in McNabb, now that Qbs play longer and he doesn't have any outstanding injury concerns, you can still get a 1st round pick. Or like 2nd and 3rd or 4th.

I just think Kolb is not much than a glorified backup.

Comment

Yeah the play calling sucked but we can't just say McNabb you're excused because Andy Reid calls too many pass plays, he is this supposed top QB in the NFL and he can't handle a pass heavy gameplan? Even after all these years? Bad playcalling still doesn't explain his horrible accuracy, happy feet, checkdowns etc. etc. and he had more than enough time the first time around, MORE than enough to make plays. Bad playcalling doesn't excuse all those times he didn't see Avant open or the time where he had a bad throw for Maclin and a couple times where he missed a wide open DeSean Jackson.

And did any of you actually read that?
                                I'm about to defend McNabb to an Eagle's fan I think this is the first sign of the appocolyps.

Terrible playcalling explains all those things.

Lets see if we can dissect each one.

80% pass play calls -> high % blitz plays by opposing D's -> QB hit many times -> less time to throw -> checkdowns, happy feet, and missing Avant on your progressions (my guess is that Jason Avant wasn't the primary target many times) -> poor throwing mechanics (not able to plant your feet etc) -> poor accuracy .

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information