No announcement yet.

Eagles Needs - More Draft Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am not the biggest fan of considine either, I think he can be a special teamer and back-up but I have a problem with him being our future

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
      Considine is our future FS, not SS. But everything else I agree with machoking. That was probably just a typo anyway.
      What makes you say that Considine is our future at FS? Did you read this somewhere or is this just your opinion? I just assumed he's the team's future at SS because he played SS in college and he's playing SS for us right now. I don't think he was ever listed at FS. Once again, maybe I missed something.

Comment

Originally posted by Dillen View Post
        Considine's poor ball skills, are you kidding? He doesnt have good hands but he plays the ball extremely well.
        I disagree with you on this, he doesn't make as many plays as I'd like, you rarely see him fly in your TV set and make a play. He can't catch like you said, but eveyrone "can" catch if this makes sense. If you put yourself in the right position even o-linemen can catch, he had to make those catches when he was off balanced. He just looks out of his comfort zone when the ball is in the air.

He does make some plays, and IMO he's pretty solid against the run, but he can't start.

Comment

Originally posted by machoking6 View Post
          What makes you say that Considine is our future at FS? Did you read this somewhere or is this just your opinion? I just assumed he's the team's future at SS because he played SS in college and he's playing SS for us right now. I don't think he was ever listed at FS. Once again, maybe I missed something.
          He is our future at FS because that is his natural positition. He was a SS in college because he was the best SS on his team. But in the NFL, his run coverage is not as good, so he is our future FS. He was drafted by the Eagles to replace Dawkins when he retires. The only reason he played SS this year is becuase the coaching staff wanted to get him on the feild and Lewis off. Lewis is a beast against the run, but was getting ripped apart on pass plays. Considine was put in so our defense wouldn't give up so many deep passing plays. This is actually one of the more widely known things about him, so I am surprised you missed it.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
            I disagree with you on this, he doesn't make as many plays as I'd like, you rarely see him fly in your TV set and make a play. He can't catch like you said, but eveyrone "can" catch if this makes sense. If you put yourself in the right position even o-linemen can catch, he had to make those catches when he was off balanced. He just looks out of his comfort zone when the ball is in the air.

He does make some plays, and IMO he's pretty solid against the run, but he can't start.
            He isn't solid against the run, he could improve, but he isn't horrible against the run like some people seem to think. Once he goes back to his natural position at FS he will be more suited to play and will start, after Dawkins retires of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post

Did you watch the Atlanta game? 3 Notable times Considine came over the top with safety help and broke up plays. He made the kind of plays that Roy Williams is incapable of. I love the way he diagnoses what an offense is about to do. His game intelligence is one of the best things about him because it helps him get into good position.

Comment

He is our future at FS because that is his natural positition. He was a SS in college because he was the best SS on his team. But in the NFL, his run coverage is not as good, so he is our future FS. He was drafted by the Eagles to replace Dawkins when he retires. The only reason he played SS this year is becuase the coaching staff wanted to get him on the feild and Lewis off. Lewis is a beast against the run, but was getting ripped apart on pass plays. Considine was put in so our defense wouldn't give up so many deep passing plays. This is actually one of the more widely known things about him, so I am surprised you missed it.
                He was a SS in college and he's been nothing but a SS in the NFL, but his more natural position is FS? I'm sorry, but I just find that hard to comprehend. The guy has been nothing but a SS throughout his football career, and yet his natural position is a position that he's never played. I think he's going to remain at SS for this team and we'll draft a more athletic safety (like Michael Griffin) to split time at SS but to eventually become Dawkins' replacement.

Comment

i like jason hill

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
                    i like jason hill
                    I don't like him all that much.

Comment

He was a SS in college and he's been nothing but a SS in the NFL, but his more natural position is FS? I'm sorry, but I just find that hard to comprehend. The guy has been nothing but a SS throughout his football career, and yet his natural position is a position that he's never played. I think he's going to remain at SS for this team and we'll draft a more athletic safety (like Michael Griffin) to split time at SS but to eventually become Dawkins' replacement.
                      This is one of those things you are not going to beleive me until it happens. Remember 2005, whenever Dawkins was out and Lewis was in at SS and Considine was in at FS, his natural position, which is what the team drafted him for. He is more suited as a FS becuase his coverage skills are vastly superior to his run stopping skills. It is pointless to try to argue this, but it will happen when Dawkins retires.

Comment

This is one of those things you are not going to beleive me until it happens. Remember 2005, whenever Dawkins was out and Lewis was in at SS and Considine was in at FS, his natural position, which is what the team drafted him for. He is more suited as a FS becuase his coverage skills are vastly superior to his run stopping skills. It is pointless to try to argue this, but it will happen when Dawkins retires.
                        So Considine moving over to FS is pretty much your opinion from what you're saying. Yet you tell me that it was something that was widely known. You're right though, I'll believe you when it happens.

But I'll be honest, I didn't remember 2005 when Dawkins was out and Lewis played SS while Considine played FS. I looked up Considine's stats from 2005 and it said he only played in 6 games. In those 6 games he had 4 tackles, 0 INTs, and 0 pass deflections. He seemed real suited to be that FS with those "vastly superior coverage skills." I looked up Dawkins' stats from 2005 too and he had played in all 16 games. I'm no rocket scientist, but if he played all 16 games doesn't that mean that he wasn't "out" like you say? Do you just make stuff up? Everybody has an opinion on things which is perfectly fine, but when you try to be convincing you should really back it up with solid proof.

Comment

So Considine moving over to FS is pretty much your opinion from what you're saying. Yet you tell me that it was something that was widely known. You're right though, I'll believe you when it happens.

But I'll be honest, I didn't remember 2005 when Dawkins was out and Lewis played SS while Considine played FS. I looked up Considine's stats from 2005 and it said he only played in 6 games. In those 6 games he had 4 tackles, 0 INTs, and 0 pass deflections. He seemed real suited to be that FS with those "vastly superior coverage skills." I looked up Dawkins' stats from 2005 too and he had played in all 16 games. I'm no rocket scientist, but if he played all 16 games doesn't that mean that he wasn't "out" like you say? Do you just make stuff up? Everybody has an opinion on things which is perfectly fine, but when you try to be convincing you should really back it up with solid proof.
                          When Dawkins was getting a break or stuff like that. I didn't mean Considine started. If you think I am making stuff up you should just shut your mouth and stop talking like I don't know what I am even thinking. Did you even watch any games this year? Considine was our SS, but he was always ther to break up plays or cause a receiver to drop a ball. Granted he didn't have much in the INT collum, but if you pay attention to the game, when he came up in run coverage, he was a liability. He would miss tackles or find a way to get blocked. He will probably start out the year at SS as well, but once we get a suitable SS and Dawkins retires, he will be our FS, which is his MORE NATURAL POSITION. He normally plays at less weight, but he gained it and is continuing to gain it this off-season so he can be a team player and do what is needed of him. I'm not going to keep repeating myself, so I am done, because this is getting old. I will look for proof in the meantime.

Comment

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/te...s.jsp?id=26878

Look on that site read it thouroughly, he started at FS in college at Iowa, and learned both Safety positions for the Eagles. The link may not work, I don't know how to make one anyway. Here is the proof, now are you satisfied?

Comment

Yes, please find some proof because so far you haven't convinced me much of this Considine playing FS stuff.

Thank you for the proof. I was beginning to think you were talking nonsense.

Comment

I don't B.S. because all it does is get people pissed off at you.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information