No announcement yet.

Eagles Needs - More Draft Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not gonna pretend to know a whole lot about Considine, but in watching him this season I definitely found myself thinking that the Eagles had to take an athletic, strong SS early in the draft. Considine definitely covered better than Lewis but was average at best in the run game. I think a glaring example of this was the playoff game in NO. Obviously the entire D didn't play the run any good in that game but when it was up to Considine to make a play or tackle he either failed completely or partially made the play. I'm not convinced on his coverage skills yet, but thats because I didn't really pay attention to him most of the regular season. I didn't get to see the Falcons game, hopefully I can download it and look at some of the pass break ups that were mentioned earlier. From what I've observed though I would rather see Considine at FS after Dawk retires.

Comment

Considine is nearly as good as Dawkins against the pass, but nowhere near him when it comes to run support. Considine did have a very good game against the Falcons though.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

That's a bit of an exaggeration. Dawkins can cover a lot more ground than Considine and makes plays that are mind boggling. Considine is pretty good, but he's not near Dawkins level.

Comment

I'm taliking about pass coverage. He may not be able to goet the INTs, but how often does one of his guys get big yardage play. I forget where I heard this and it might be wrong, but no one Considine covered caught a TD pass on him while he was starting this year. I agree that he is nowhere near the playmaker that Dawkins is, but he is great against the pass. He will need to work on his run coverage though.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information